Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

The crack in the shield??

slapz88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slapz88

At the end of Fear Itself Cap gets his shield fixed and chooses to keep the crack in it as a reminder of what happened during the events of fear itself. As im reading the avengers books, the Cap books, and any time Cap is featured in any book, im always looking for the crack in the shield, but can never seem to locate it. I figured that if they made a point to say something about it in an event changing book that the characters would have changes in books that take place after the event itself. Looking at Cap the artists always put a lot of detail into his costume with his chest piece mail, so i assume that they would be able to put as much attention into a scar on shield. If artists are just overlooking this then it just makes the whole fear itself moment not as meaningful. Has anyone else noticed this? have you spotted the scarred shield, and if so where?

-Slapz88

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Maybe they forgot.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Same thing happened with Marc Spectors scar

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

Marvel do stuff and a week after that they forget about it.That's why I like DC more.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

@TDK_1997 said:

Marvel do stuff and a week after that they forget about it.That's why I like DC more.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

I don't think artists care enough to remember to draw such an "insignificant" detail. It might appear at some point in future, randomly, but don't really count on it.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

This is just another case of Marvel not following through with their own decisions.

The crack in Cap's shield may indeed show up at some point in the future (it probably will) but it's significance is lessened by Marvel's inconsistency.

As a side note; I don't like Cap having a crack in his shield and I'd like it to be ignored or forgotten forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.