Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11748 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Marvel Releases Captain America Final Scene Along With Avengers Tease

• 85 results
    Avatar image for ultimate_miracleman
    Ultimate_MiracleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Saw the movie today and it was awesome, and the extra ending was even better

CraftyArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By CraftyArrow

All I have to say is thank God I saw the movie opening weekend because they are spoiling the crap out this movie. 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By ReVamp
    @The Mast said:

I expected more of Comic Vine than to so publicly and blatantly post spoilers like this. I'm disappointed.  Posting the copyrighted shaky-cam material was unethical enough,  but some of us still haven't seen it. It only just came out here in the U.K. Did you not think some of us wanted to actually see the post-credits and find out for ourselves what it was?  -David

Marvel released it, Ya?  Chances are if they posted it, they aren't spoiling anything too great.
    mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

wow, so marvel has taken what, the last 40 seconds of the film? that... even though i hate them now, i actually can say "DAMN GOOD JOB!" 

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By The Mast
    @ReVamp: Did they? They released the shaky-cam footage that kept getting taken down because it wasn't meant to be out? You know, when Comic Vine spoiled the post-credits scene in the damned headline for that very article?

Marvel released it this time, but I can avoid Marvel. I avoid Marvel.Com and I'd have avoided Marvel's Facebook. The fact that Comic Vine keeps repeating the spoiler is ridiculous. I've got love for this site and those who run it. Comic Vine IS the best comic site on the web and an inspiration to everyone, myself included, who aspires to comic journalism. That doesn't change that what they did was careless and shoddy.  Not to mention the fact that it's unethical.

Had they not posted the first footage, I'd be heading into the movie with no knowledge of what I'm gonna see after the credits. Fair enough, Marvel released it now, but if you're gonna post spoilers, at least just say "Marvel Post Spoilerific video." and then not say what it is. Say where people can find it if they WANT to, but don't sit there warning us when you've just told us what the Hell it is.

"You're about to see the post-credits, surprise footage of The Avengers teaser...but DON'T WATCH IF YOU WANNA AVOID SPOILERS." Nonsense. Especially considering the anger and disappointment expressed by members of staff here when a publication spoiled the Johnny Storm death. It's hypocritical and it needs to not happen.

Just because the movie is out THERE, doesn't mean it's out HERE.

-The Mast
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By difficlus
    @Mesamia said:
    D'oh I knew I should have stayed when the credits rolled on the movie:P
    haha!
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By azza04

@The Mast: Comicvine might post it but it's your choice to press the play button.

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#58  Edited By spider-man 2996

Film was just released in Ireland today. It is such an amazing trailer for Avengers and it's a wonderful film!!
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The Mast
    @azza04 said:

@The Mast: Comicvine might post it but it's your choice to press the play button.

I didn't have to press the play button, and I didn't. I'm someone who waits for the shit as it's meant to be seen, respectful of the hard work involved. I'm not about to post shaky cam footage that's illegally obtained, in an article that flat out says spoilers in the title. Not this one, so much, but the first time they did it.

It smacks of desperation and it spoiled the end credits for me.

-The Mast
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By azza04
    @The Mast: How did it spoil the end credits for you if you didn't watch the clip? And I don't think it's desperation, some people like spoilers, and it's been posted on a hole host of other sites as well. If CV didn't post it their users would just go elsewhere to see it. They are just trying to keep their user base happy. 

They didn't post it to offend or upset YOU.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The Mast
    @azza04 said:
    @The Mast: How did it spoil the end credits for you if you didn't watch the clip? And I don't think it's desperation, some people like spoilers, and it's been posted on a hole host of other sites as well. If CV didn't post it their users would just go elsewhere to see it. They are just trying to keep their user base happy.   They didn't post it to offend or upset YOU.
    "Some people like spoilers." Some don't. Once spoiled, something can't be unspoiled. Let those who like spoilers spoil the shit for themselves and those of us who get the movie later or don't want to know? We'll have the satisfaction of being surprised.

The first video Comic Vine posted, the one that kept getting taken down? It actually spoiled the thing in the title. They said there was footage of The Avengers released. I thought it was official, the title was entirely misleading. I clicked the article and in no less than two lines had they said it was the post-creds to Captain America. Moreover they posted it KNOWING that it was illegally filmed during a screening and that it was spoiling a surprise for people.

On top of that, admitting that it will be taken down suggests that they knew they shouldn't be posting it.

Comic Vine is a reputable name and it's made up of people I considered, and still consider to be reputable and respectable people. If they're willing to stoop to that just to keep people happy who, as you said, could've found it elsewhere? Then maybe this site isn't the place for me. They should've taken the high road. At the very most, they could've said, "Hey, there's footage out there. We can't legally show it or say what it is, but the post-creds to Cap have leaked." That would've sufficed. People would have done the leg work or not, whatever works for them.

By openly posting shit with spoilers in the title, you rob any reader, who may just be checking the site innocently, of the right to keep it surprised. I go to great lengths to avoid spoilers, and avoid spoiling for people. I have never had a movie spoiled for me like this before, and the reason I thought it was safe to browse Comic Vine was because I thought they were better than that. What's the alternative? Not browse Comic Vine for months until a movie comes out? Should I steer clear of Comic Vine for a good few weeks or months before The Avengers comes out in case they decide to spread stolen footage again?

Also, this from a site who have a member of staff that was very vocal on Twitter about Johnny Storm's death being spoiled in the open press. They didn't expect it there and they were disappointed and let down. Then they turn around and do the same.

Any way you slice it, it's bad journalism and a shitty thing to do. Uncharacteristically so for this site, but it happened regardless.

-The Mast
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By caesarsghost

not that much of a spoiler, actually
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By azza04
    @The Mast: I can see your point but... lets put it into perspective, It's a what, 40 second clip of a scene which happens after the credits have rolled. It's probably been released because they know very few people sit through 5-10 minutes of credits to watch it. And it doesn't really spoil the movie over all does it? You find out Captain America lives... which is obvious for anyone with even a remote idea of Caps origin. Plus Marvel have already stated prior to the movies release that Cap will be in the Avengers film in 2012, so it's not really spoiling anything at all. 
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The Mast
    @azza04 said:
    @The Mast: I can see your point but... lets put it into perspective, It's a what, 40 second clip of a scene which happens after the credits have rolled. It's probably been released because they know very few people sit through 5-10 minutes of credits to watch it. And it doesn't really spoil the movie over all does it? You find out Captain America lives... which is obvious for anyone with even a remote idea of Caps origin. Plus Marvel have already stated prior to the movies release that Cap will be in the Avengers film in 2012, so it's not really spoiling anything at all. 
    What perspective did you just put it into? The "Why I don't consider it much to be bothered about." perspective? You can sit there and rationalise why YOU wouldn't have cared all YOU want. I just laid out to you why it was a shitty thing to do.

You do not, under any circumstance, post shit like that based on "Well, I don't consider it a spoiler." You just don't. This site has hundreds of thousands of members and not all of them want that decision made for them. I'm one of those.

I'm talking specifically about the post-credits. We all know Cap would be in The Avengers...what are you talking about? I'm saying that when Comic Vine previously spoiled the post-credits by posting illegally filmed, stolen footage, they were out of line. Possibly legally, definitely ethically.  I'm not talking about THIS one they just posted. I'm talking about the very first time Comic Vine announced they had footage from Screened.

I don't care how many seconds it was. It's principle.

-The Mast
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By azza04
    @The Mast: You don't have to blow the hole thing out of proportion though do you. I'm betting that footage was on pretty much every comic book site the moment it was released, why shouldn't CV do the same? And on a side note, just so you know, they are not to keen on swearing due to a percentage of their users been younger. They probably wouldn't be to bothered but if you used swear words alot someone might flag you and you would get a warning from the mods. Just so you know :D
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Mast
    @azza04 said:
    @The Mast: You don't have to blow the hole thing out of proportion though do you. I'm betting that footage was on pretty much every comic book site the moment it was released, why shouldn't CV do the same? And on a side note, just so you know, they are not to keen on swearing due to a percentage of their users been younger. They probably wouldn't be to bothered but if you used swear words alot someone might flag you and you would get a warning from the mods. Just so you know :D
    *Whole. I'm sorry, but if I didn't correct you, you'd have kept doing that.

So what? If it's readily available everywhere, why should Comic Vine follow suit? They're not sheep. They're the biggest and best comic website on the internet. They should be bigger than the desperation of posting stolen, illegally captured footage. If you want to announce, "Oh, by the way, the Cap post-credits leaked." then fine. That's news. Telling everyone what it is and sharing it too? That's lame. It's just ridiculous. There's no excusing it. The only people who will are those who don't care about things being spoiled.

If that's the case, Comic Vine should leave all the other sites to be disrespectful enough to post stolen footage. Not do it themselves.

-The Mast
    Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Blizaga101

I was expecting something like what happened in the ultimates? Dont knwo if im dissapointed
    shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By shackle
    @The Mast: You're a child.
    coslopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By coslopis
    @azza04: I just had the same argument when I showed my friend this :)
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By azza04
    @coslopis: What was your take on it? Did it bother you CV posting the clip?
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The Mast

Just to clarify, you people do need to realise that I am not especially referring to THIS clip in THIS post.  Know that.

Shackle, nice to see a mature post from you, there.

-The Mast

Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Just saw Captain America and it was AWESOME! However, my family was too impatient for the teaser at the end, so dammit. 

@theicon: I have that problem too. 

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By Dark Cell

Why...Whhhy? are they releasing this when the film has only just come out? A month after release I can understand, but now? wtf..

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By Xaviersx

Didn't know about this until just now, right here on this site. As for Marvel, they are the kings of spoiling what's in their books because they won't to do it on their own terms, not by the internet and sometimes in league with media partners. It's a whack system partly the management partly the parent company and partly a reaction to what will happen on the internet whether they do or don't make moves and it's gotten wholly out of hand on all sides.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By leejunfan83

god samuel l jackson is a horrible nick fury 

Migz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Migz13

Seen Captain America and thought it was great. At par with Thor and the Incredible Hulk at least. The after credits scene isn't much but it was pretty cool:D

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#77  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

O_o

People will complain just about anything these days...

imaginaryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By imaginaryman

When I see Samuel L. Jackson as Nick fury I can't help but think of shaft, its not that he doesn't look like nick fury its just that I think he's played too many roles. 
    the trailer was nice, me and my friends even cheered at the theater can't wait for it get released next year :D

Maki_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79  Edited By Maki_P

Not a very big spoiler

acomicbooklook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By acomicbooklook

This is a pretty ballsy movie by marvel.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jorgeareizaga

I really hated CA movie, its boring, full of cliches, a total waste of time =(

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#82  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I saw every superhero movie this summer... and at the end of Cap was worth it, times two!

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Xaviersx

Jackson's better to have than revisiting Hasselholf. Hopefully in the Avengers, he plays to the Nick Fury aspects and less to Sam Jackson walking past the camera's believing that the audience wants to just see him being himself. Now, after Avatar, . . . I could see Stephen Lang in that role. Either way, the movie lore has already been steeped, the dice rolled, the arrows shot.

darth bul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By darth bul

wow

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85  Edited By RainEffect

There was a flash moment of Barton and Widow looking at each other in close proximity.

Hint towards a Hawkeye/Black Widow relationship/flirting possibly?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.