Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11748 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America: Reborn #2 Review

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Issue #2 is here.  Cap's stuck going through time.  Why is this?  What did Doom and the Red Skull do?  And now we have Norman Osborn getting involved.  Things are getting messier and messier.

It looks like we might finally be getting to see why Bucky Cap was kneeling before Norman in those " He Won, They Lost" images.  Things are really getting interesting.  I wonder what Steve would do if and when he returns to the present.  A lot seems to have happened since his death.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vortex13

He's Billy Pilgrim lol.

daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daveydavey

I hope when Steve Returns he puts an end to Norman's Shinanigans.
    Jediknightjace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jediknightjace

I love the Doctor Who music. Anyone else feel like Cap is stuck in the Lost episode "The Constant"?

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By MysterioMaximus

You've made me really interested, G-Man. Awesome to have Steve back too.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Decept-O

Hank Pym went to the gym to get slim.  I sincerely believe the Y is silent in Pym's name, G-Man.  In the Ultimate Avengers animated movie did they not pronounce his name as Pym where the Y is silent?    This had been previously mentioned, not being a jerk, just wanting to get it correct unless I am off the mark.  Heck, I often fail to pay attention when you and Babs post vids and I get your names mixed up, so what do I know?   

Regardless--I smell Cosmic Cube.  Long as Steve Rogers is around somwhere and sometime--pun intended--I'm happy. 
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The Hottness

i'm not really liking this story...
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xion
    @Jediknightjace said:
    "I love the Doctor Who music. Anyone else feel like Cap is stuck in the Lost episode "The Constant"? "

I know Lol! im gonan say what i been telling my friends, Cap and Lost are gonna have a crossover :P 
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

This looks like it could be pretty interesting. Perhaps there is something Steve needs to understand about his past to reclaim his future.  Makes you wonder that since he can control his actions. Could any of this movements somehow alter the future? He 'died' before the Secret Invasion. That ultimately led to Norman's rise to power. At what point in time does Steve restart his life?

I preferred the Doctor Who music to Quantum Leap.

MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MJ Styles

I love Captain America and I love Brubaker, but for the life of me I just can't get behind this storyline.  Call me crazy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@Vortex13 said:
    "He's Billy Pilgrim lol. "
    That book haunts my dreams
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Decept-O said:
    " Hank Pym went to the gym to get slim.  I sincerely believe the Y is silent in Pym's name, G-Man.  In the Ultimate Avengers animated movie did they not pronounce his name as Pym where the Y is silent?    This had been previously mentioned, not being a jerk, just wanting to get it correct unless I am off the mark.  Heck, I often fail to pay attention when you and Babs post vids and I get your names mixed up, so what do I know?    Regardless--I smell Cosmic Cube.  Long as Steve Rogers is around somwhere and sometime--pun intended--I'm happy.  "
    Just like the last time (Mighty Avengers #25, I think) when people jumped on me over his name, to me, his name will forever be pronounced Pym as in "rhyme."  The 'y' acts like a vowel so it has a long sound.  But then again, I taught high school math, not English.
    thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thehood

Excellent review. I didn't find the first issue of Reborn to be that great, but this one has me anxious for the next one!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Decept-O
    @G-Man said:
    " @Decept-O said:
    " Hank Pym went to the gym to get slim.  I sincerely believe the Y is silent in Pym's name, G-Man.  In the Ultimate Avengers animated movie did they not pronounce his name as Pym where the Y is silent?    This had been previously mentioned, not being a jerk, just wanting to get it correct unless I am off the mark.  Heck, I often fail to pay attention when you and Babs post vids and I get your names mixed up, so what do I know?    Regardless--I smell Cosmic Cube.  Long as Steve Rogers is around somwhere and sometime--pun intended--I'm happy.  "
    Just like the last time (Mighty Avengers #25, I think) when people jumped on me over his name, to me, his name will forever be pronounced Pym as in "rhyme."  The 'y' acts like a vowel so it has a long sound.  But then again, I taught high school math, not English. "
    The word Pym is obviously a surname and in this instance a fictional one.  However it is obvious to me it is of British origin and as it is I've done some research  to assist with the etymology of the word itself.  Coincidentally, the word etymology's first "Y" is also short or silent.  An actual person with the surname of PYM was: 

Dictionary

Pronunciation: (pim), [key]
    n.
    John, 1584–1643, English statesman.    

The words crypt, lynchpin, gymnastics, byzantine, etc. all have the letter "Y" as being short or silent.  Converseley, however, the words gynecology, hymen, stymie (sorry only examples I can think off hand) are obviously long.  Apparently there doesn't seem to be one set rule.   We aren't the only ones to discuss Hank Pym's pronunciation here on CV it also appeared on some Marvel boards.

However because PYM is a surname of British origins and is pronounced as PIM I go with that pronunciation.  Good God I am appearing to be like the biggest nerd ever with this but it isn't meant to be derogatory towards you nor anyone it's just a glitch I want to correct.  If I can't sway you that's your right.   I am certain you tire of this so I will leave it at this point.  

Thanks for allowing me to discuss this anyway, it is not relevant to Cap but thanks.  I am 100% certain my mathematical knowledge is incredibly minimal and that is a skill that "adds up"--pun intended--in the real world. 

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck

I still say "PIME."

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Does the pronounciation of a fictional superhero name, an obscure B-grade one at that, really warrent such a longwinded and anal-retentive post about the proper usage? Who the heck cares? I say "PIME" too, G-Man. You're not alone. ;] 

This reminds me of the good old days of insane Star Wars fans calling members noobs because they spelled wookiee with one "e" instead of two. Don't people have anything better to nitpick?
    Anomoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Anomoly

Hah 
    It's Pym as in gym. 

I really have no clue where this story is going to go. And that's a really good thing. I mean, even if it's something like Sharon Carter gives birth to a Steve Rogers clone that his mind takes to inhabit and then he has to be brought into an apocolyptic by Cable to be raised alongside Hope... actually... that might be an exception... but what I was saying is that even if the concept is absolutlely absurd, Brubaker is almost guaranteed gonna write the Hell out of it. 

No pressure, Bru.
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.
    YES!!!!!!!!!! DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUANTUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    MY FAVORITE TIME TRAVELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bruce Vain

Can't wait to pick it up.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DH69

still waitin on the scarlet witch, jean grey, good writing reborn issues
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

i actually like it, by reading this reborn series it is really getting me interested in both captain americas
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By DMC

This was another great issue. Man if what Osborn says comes to pass....man it just boggles the mind.

Kashimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kashimu

I also wanted a little more in this issue. But, nonetheless this issue was amazing! Can't wait for the next one.

You better return Cap's shield. He's going to be needing it. =P

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @G-Man: I'm not going to get on the name thing that much I just wanted to point out that I was rewatch the Ultimate Avengers movies and they pronouce Hank's name as Pym, not Pime, but anyways... I did like this issue and I was wondering if you saw the words on the back of the cover (which by the way was amazing) "We have it in our power tp begin the world again" - Thomas Paine, I was just wondering how that makes you wonder if Steve will do something while he's in the time loop thing (That's what I call it), But with Norman, Bucky, and Black Widow's little talk did make me want to rip Norman's head of the page. But you bringing up the body thing dose make me wonder, because I have been trying to find out how Steve's coming back if his body is at the bottom of the ocean (thanks Namor). and even though this isn't a Dark Reign book, it does have the that feel that the other books do with Norman seeming like his in control of everything, but we have yet to see Red Skull in the book, so I'm wondering if his and Norman's plans are going to come to pass? (sorry for the long post, I have a lot on my mind about this issue)    
    Black L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Black L.A.M.P.

Ive seen the demo of Caps getting back to the future.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Media_Master

Can't go wrong with Brubaker along.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

K...can we really get off the "How to pronounce Hank Pym's name" subject and talk about the issue? Poor saps like me live in friggin' Alaska with no comic shop, so I've gotta get my fix somewhere...

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Nahero

i knew that red, white and blue son of a ***** wasen't dead he was somewhere and now we know. 

even though it doesn't explain why hes jumping through his history i would like to see what even'ts he jumps into i definitely would like to see him suddenly placed in a part of the onslaught saga and hes like "oh not this guy again"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I like what they are doing with the time thing.If Marvel could make the next event after Dark Reign some type of Rebirth of the superhero..like a new Heroes Reborn.

santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By santeria_smith
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! 

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

With what Osborn was talking about comes true, what the hell will happen? Red Skulls mind in Steve's body? Will that end up with "Red Skull Cap", leader of Osborns avengers against Bucky Cap? This series is blowing my mind and I wish i had a time machine myself to go foward in time to get the next one!!!!
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Marshal Victory

Realy dig the ww2 helm on cap didnt think i would but the whole look fits perfectly.Even the boots look right in style.hopefuly he uses that look again .If red skull does the clone body thing or take over hes usen the new look winter soilder uses atm.That would be intresting.
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By skaarason

when steve comes back it would be cool if he let's james keep on going as cap , or like barry and wally have two caps !!!!!!!!!!!

grufaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By grufaine
    @santeria_smith: 
    I'm really hoping that's how it turns out. I can just imagine Bucky's emotional state having to fight his former mentor, with the Red Skull inside. And to see Red Skull and Steve Rogers battling within the mind. Just thinking about where the story could go should that happen gets me major-excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.