The young Steve Rogers first came into contact with Hydra when he was six years old in 1926; after his mother, Sarah was introduced by a high-ranking member, Elisa Sinclair into a local charity community which served as a front for Hydra. When Elisa had Sarah's abusive husband, Joseph murdered, Sarah attempted to leave with Steve in order to save his life. Elisa confronted her before she had the chance, and Sarah seemingly died in the ensuing skirmish when she hit her head. Steve was then abducted to a private school which in fact was a Hydra training facility called The Keep. Elisa vouched for him, claiming he was the one they had been looking for.
Due to Steve's indomitable will and incorruptible hope, Hydra's earliest efforts at indoctrination (weaponizing) failed. Because of this, he was regularly placed in solitary confinement and forced to watch reeducation films. In spite of his considerably brilliant academic abilities, Steve's poor physical condition and proneness to illness caused him to be rejected by both his instructors, most notably Dr. Fenhoff, and his pawns. In 1934, during one of Steve's many attempts to escape from The Keep, he was convinced to stay by Daniel Whitehall, Kraken, who encouraged Steve to prove himself and embrace Hydra's beliefs, to value collectivism over individualism and to pursue the leadership of the strong. A year passed by and Dr. Fenhoff became to accept Steve due to his exhibition of leadership and dedication to Hydra's cause. Steve additionally met who would become his best and only friend, Helmut Zemo.
Powers and Abilities
Steve's physical and mental abilities are enhanced to the perfection and evolutionary point of an ordinary human, thus giving him extraordinary strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, endurance, durability, agility, and an accelerated healing factor. It makes sense to assume he possesses the same powers as his original self since the only difference between them is their altered background. He also possesses the same indomitable willpower.
Steve's abilities and skillset are the same as his original self, these are including, but not limited to:
- Master Martial Artist and Combatant
- Master Acrobat
- Master Strategist and Tactician
- Master Shield Fighter
- Master Swordsman
- Master Marksman
- Weapons Master
- Espionage Expert
- Expert Military Operator
In Other Media
- The HYDRA version of Captain America was featured in Diamond Select's Minimates line as part of a two-pack with Ironheart.
- A Lego minifig of the HYDRA Captain America was available as a San Diego Comic-Con 2016 exclusive.
- Funko produced a HYDRA Captain America Pop! bobblehead as a Hot Topic exclusive. The figure was a repaint of the Civil Warrior figure from the Marvel Contest of Champions video game.
- The HYDRA version of Captain America was featured in Hasbro's Marvel Universe line.
- Hydra Supreme was included in a Marvel Legends two-pack from Hasbro, alongside Arnim Zola.