Follow

Captain America: Civil War

Movie » Captain America: Civil War released on May 06, 2016.

When the government sets up a governing body to oversee the Avengers, the team splinters into two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Wasted opportunities in Civil War film (Spoiler Alert)

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

After viewing Captain America Civil War, it was just as good as Winter Solider with the feel of an Avengers movie. However, I feel there are some opportunities and altered plot points that were either wasted or should have never been altered.

1. General Ross back in action: No Red Hulk
    2. Sharon Carter's involvement: Sharon isn't brainwashed to kill Captain America
    3. Baron Zemo's portrayal: Zemo is vengeful and manipulative however, his hatred is not just for Captain America but for all the Avengers because of their involvement in Sokovia plus he lacks combat skills.
    4. Black Panther's father: T'Chaka is killed but not by Klaw which slightly changes T'Challa's motivation to become the Black Panther and his hatred towards Klaw.
    Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

not so flawlessly perfect now, are ya Marvel?

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SamJackson

@ravenvice01: I thought Zemo had a special forces background? I was told this was like his origin story almost and it was his set up.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: hopefully he will be more of a physical threat in black panther. Rapier Sword and all

Avatar image for deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee
    deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@amazing_webhead: I don't believe that none of this shit is perfectly follows the comics well

Avatar image for deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee
    deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@samjackson: 2 be honest with ya mann,all of that truly a setup @amazing_webhead: I don't believe that none of this shit is perfectly follows the comics well

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
    deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the biggest wasted opportunities IMO was not having hulk and Thor in the film also Abomination could've atleast been mentioned

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998: thor would hav been a third wheel because he doesn't really hav any stake in world politics like the other avengers. But I agree hulk, Betty ross, doc samson, leader, red hulk and abomination could hav had a shot in civil war

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Asgaard

Perhaps that is why the narrative works so well, separate the accessory from the essential always was crucial for the storytelling in the movie medium, i understand the passion of some users for the source material, but yeah in the movie medium you only have 147 minutes to tell your story...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Packing a much stuff and people and refrences as you can doesn't always make for a better movie.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I would have preferred a fight between Red Hulk and Hulk but I admit that would be cramming too much then again they could done of all that in Iron Man 3. Extremis mixed with Hulk blood and you have a Red Hulk. The whole fight scene at the oil rig would have been between Red Hulk, Killian. Hulk and Iron Man. Yet again another wasted opportunity.

As for the Sharon Carter brainwashing, Klaw killing T'Chaka and making Zemo a more physical threat would have taken very little from the film and could have been easily filmed.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

None of this stuff bothers me in the slightest. It seems quite unnecessary to be honest.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

different is good because it wasn't predictable.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZariusII

I always thought Red Hulk kind of sucked, so I don't miss that at all.

The original CW story is'nt even that good, glad to see the changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of that is necessary. Sure they are technically missed opportunities but the movie didn't need any of that, or set any of that up and then failed to deliver.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.