Follow

Captain America: Civil War

Movie » Captain America: Civil War released on May 06, 2016.

When the government sets up a governing body to oversee the Avengers, the team splinters into two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

How will Civil War be different to the comic?

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FableCounty

In the comic a school gets blown up, in the movie trailer shows a possible attack on the U.N?

Comicbook civil war has lots and lots of characters but Fox own Fantastic Four and the Xmen mutants so they will not feature

Some say the movie might be better and some comicbook fans found the story controversial

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Won't have as many characters, just because there aren't that many. Other than that the writing may be better and Tony won't be portrayed as the ultimate super villain. That's about it I think.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the movie couldn't possibly have all those characters the comics had even if marvel had the rights to them. it would take an arc about 4 or 5 movies long to finish. the comics had multiple issues released at the same time.

Hardhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hardhat

I'll try to list what'll be different from the top of my head:

• No recruiting super villains
    • Revealing Spidey's identity
    • No Negative Zone prison
    • No Thor clone
    • Registration Act won't really focus on revealing the heroes' identities, since they're all pretty much public (aside from Ant-Man)
    • The NYC Attack, whole Hydra - SHIELD situation, and Sokovia incident is what triggers the RA
    Hardhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardhat said:

I'll try to list what'll be different from the top of my head:

• No recruiting super villains
    • Revealing Spidey's identity
    • No Negative Zone prison
    • No Thor clone
    • Registration Act won't really focus on revealing the heroes' identities, since they're all pretty much public (aside from Ant-Man)
    • The NYC Attack, whole Hydra - SHIELD situation, and Sokovia incident is what triggers the RA

Oh, and here. This might help.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/10-things-that-happened-in-the-civil-war-comic-tha/1100-155344/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.