Follow

Captain America: Civil War

Movie » Captain America: Civil War released on May 06, 2016.

When the government sets up a governing body to oversee the Avengers, the team splinters into two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Hasbro's Captain America: Civil War Legends Wave 2 Figures Revealed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Captain America: Civil War is coming to theaters on May 6. While these figures may not be fully based on the movie, they do feature some of the characters. Hasbro is ready to unleash the second wave of figures including an interesting Build-a-Figure. Could that be a spoiler?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

These will be available this summer.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

That Nick Fury looks kinda cool. Might be awesome with the helmet head on...

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Seeing a lot of black panther merchandise lately leads me to believe they think he is going to be a big character but it makes me worry for Civil War.

The story felt rushed in AoU because they had so much going on and so many new characters already, now we're getting two new heroes (since Spiderman is new to the Avengers movie-verse) and we're getting a new enemy and there is supposed to be a major conflict between heroes. I am not sure they have enough time in about 2 hours to tell the best story

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Nice! Kinda wish his helmet would form into a cowl when in Giant-Man form as a nice little nod to the comics.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love that Nick Fury.

Ethan-Ricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean hasn't it been speculated for a while that Scott would turn into Giant Man in Civil War?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

nuke ,t'challa,and red guardian

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: It's going to be Marvel's longest movie they said so it will prob run along 2 hours and 30 minutes if I had to guess. Yeah, they seem to be pushing Black Panther a lot but I prefer that since he's one of the most important Marvel heroes now via Secret Wars.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@omanlew said:

@doc-holiday: It's going to be Marvel's longest movie they said so it will prob run along 2 hours and 30 minutes if I had to guess. Yeah, they seem to be pushing Black Panther a lot but I prefer that since he's one of the most important Marvel heroes now via Secret Wars.

I don't feel that half hour is going to save much. I still felt AoU was super rushed and honestly I didn't much care for Ultron through out most of the film, he came across as odd and sarcastic, not much like the comics.

The twins, well, they were clunky because they pretty much couldn't be mutants and then they killed off Quicksilver but *shrug*

My issue is that there are four things going on in Civil War:

The War - in my opinion, it should be the most important part

The enemy - I know that the Hydra agent from Cap 2 is returning as an enemy (not sure how much space he should take up)

Black Panther - definitely a big character and shouldn't be over-shadowed

Spiderman - also a huge character and shouldn't be overshadowed (also I wonder who he is going to fight, he is kind of a game changer since, if we're going by comics, he should be stronger than most of Cap's team)

I am going to see Civil War but I am hesitant about how well it will go

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this wave !!!

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
    TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: I'd bet both spider-man and black panther will not have huge roles. They are both getting solo flicks and will probably be in future Avengers movies so an adequate introduction that serves Captain America's story, no matter how short, is ideal for me. Plus the directors have stated they still believe this to very much be a Captain America movie/story, which I interpret to mean its not the Avengers 2.5 that social media hypes it as.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: I'd bet both spider-man and black panther will not have huge roles. They are both getting solo flicks and will probably be in future Avengers movies so an adequate introduction that serves Captain America's story, no matter how short, is ideal for me. Plus the directors have stated they still believe this to very much be a Captain America movie/story, which I interpret to mean its not the Avengers 2.5 that social media hypes it as.

True although if we're going with raw power, I think Iron Man's team is stacked a little heavier.

I know the trailers show War Machine going down and Iron Man getting his butt handed to him by Cap and WS but I am not sure how it will go

Most likely it'll be like the comic where no one really wins :P

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm glad that Marvel is pushing Black Panther on the MCU side. They're coming out with a lot of merchandise for him. Can't wait to cop that Panther figure to add to make collection.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Anyone else surprise they are pushing the pill popping anti-hero Nuke?

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

At first, I figured the new Black Panther POP was all I was going to need, then I saw the Disney Infinity Figure and snatched that up, and figured I could stop at two. Then the other day I saw that Black Panther minimate and the Black Panther classic shirts that looked amazing, and I think I need those too. Now an absolutely amazing BP Marvel Legends figure? I'm gonna go broke on T'Challa merch alone!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will have that Black Panther. Plus Red Guardian and Nuke.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Where's the Spidey merch?

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICE! G.I.Ant Man!

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John-PH

Lol Nuke

@ethan-ricks said:

I mean hasn't it been speculated for a while that Scott would turn into Giant Man in Civil War?

Pretty much, this just makes it more likely that Giant Man will be in the film. Its just that the figures on display here have some characters that will certainly not be in the film

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Fury comes with a Dirk Anger head? That's awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.