Follow

Captain America: Civil War

Movie » Captain America: Civil War released on May 06, 2016.

When the government sets up a governing body to oversee the Avengers, the team splinters into two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray Review

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

One of the biggest battles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe dealt with the Avengers fighting each other. This week marks the home release of Captain America: Civil War on Blu-ray and DVD. Continuing what they started in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Joe and Anthony Russo deliver an action-packed superhero movie filled with plenty of drama and humor which sets the stage for future films.

In the comics, Civil War marked a divide across the Marvel Universe. Heroes were forced to choose a side over the Super-Human Registration Act. The movie version scales back the number of heroes involved and uses the Sokovia Accords as the driving force for the divide. Mixed in with the main story, we also see the introduction of heroes such as Black Panther and Spider-Man along with new villain Zemo. Just as the movie is packed with action and adventure, the Blu-ray release is full of special features.

The two-part "United We Stand. Divided We Fall - The Making of Captain America: Civil War" provides 45 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage. The Russos talk about how they changed the tone of their storytelling to set up the direction they'll go with Infinity War. They also mention how they feel Scarlet Witch is the most powerful hero in the movie and how her powers will continue to develop. For those wanting more on Tom Holland's Spider-Man, they discuss how they didn't want to retread his origin since we've seen it many times. They set out to give audiences a different kind of Spider-Man.

No Caption Provided

There are also two separate "The Road to Civil War" features focusing on Captain America and Iron Man's perspective. Each runs just over four-minutes and traces their stories from their first appearance on the big screen.

A four-minute exclusive sneak peek on the upcoming Doctor Strange movie details the shift from street level and cosmic storytelling to the supernatural side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A quick summary of the characters with a look at the locations and sets is given.

If you're hungry for more footage from the movie, included is close to eight minutes of deleted and extended scenes. These include an extended funeral scene, Zemo meeting Dr. Broussard, a scene with Black Panther and Black Widow, and more. There is also the gag reel which runs at just under three minutes.

No Caption Provided

If you're looking for more insight into the movie, you have the option of listening to the audio commentary by Anthony & Joe Russo and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. If you've already seen the movie a few times, it's a nice change of pace and lets you in on the how and why certain things happened the way they did.

Regardless of which side you choose to align with, there is plenty to take in with the movie and home release. Even if you've already watched the film, the extras included are worth the price of admission. As we wait for the theatrical release of Doctor Strange and more information on Infinity War, there's enough included here to keep us busy for the time being.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Where abouts is the team Thor short on the blu Ray I can't seem to find it and I've been all over that blu Ray.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Need to find those deleted scenes, they sound good.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

I end up buying all the MCU DVDs cause I can't have an incomplete set.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They said the word "supernatural". There is hope.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, Captain America: Civil War is the NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC of comic book movies. Only parts that I really enjoyed was Pete/Spidey.

The Winter Soldier was infinitely better. Iron Man, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and The Incredible Hulk are still the best MCU films.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@lvenger said:

Need to find those deleted scenes, they sound good.

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best comic film this year can't wait to own it

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically if u have a lot of free time to watch these but not enough time to find them online, then this is for you

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wandering_Wand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like lots of cool features. Personally, I thought this movie was overrated by far. It was still good, but not THAT good. Still unsure if I'll be adding it to my movie collection as it was forgettable like Age of Ultron.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Well I'll definitely pick this up but I don't like those short four minute pieces they put in. What I really miss are the long docs they used to put on the DC animated stuff talking about how the characters And comics have impacted pop culture.

I also miss the one off short films they'd make with random shield characters.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Marvel/Disney keep pushing the 3D format? I was looking for this on 4K because I wanted the digital copy included, but had to settle for the 3D format that I'll never use.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.