fedspaz's Captain America #610 - No Escape Conclusion; Welcome Home Conclusion review

Avatar image for fedspaz

Cap #610

In this issue we have a wrap up to the storyline that has been going on for a few issues now.  Bucky has been taken by Zemo to the island in the English Channel that was Bucky's downfall in the past.  Zemo spends some time trying to torment Bucky with memories of the past.  Not necessarily trying to kill Bucky, but toy with his mind.

I like this issue, quite a bit.  Bucky is forced to face some of the wrongs he's done as Winter Soldier and we wonder if there is an atonement coming in the future.  All of this hinting around about the crimes he committed as Winter Soldier must be leading us somewhere??  It's a nice mystery in the background that keeps stringing along.
I'm a little unsure if I like the ending.  Not going to spoil, but to those that have read it... What's with Zemo??  Gone??
I like the direction this title is going... Bucky does not have a snow white past, he's trying to do what's right for himself and the people he helps.  I'm wondering if his past will catch up to him soon.  I'm already anxious for the next issue.

I would recommend this one.