gmanfromheck's Captain America #41 - The Man Who Bought America, Part 5 review

Avatar image for gmanfromheck

Brubaker continues his epic tale

I mentioned before, I've really been enjoying Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America even though he killed off Steve.  You can't fully predict what he's going to do next.  I remember in issue #1 when the Red Skull was shot, I was blown away.

You also can't deny that Steve Epting is simply amazing.  I love his character designs and really hope he stays on for a long time.

In this issue, we're nearing the end of the "Death of Captain America" story.  I have to admit I'm on the edge of my seat.  All the players are moving into position.  There's even mention of why the Red Skull had a meeting with Doctor Doom.

As much as I'm enjoying this story, this issue, to me, didn't quite compare to some of the recent ones.  Maybe I'm just getting spoiled from all the excitement that's been happening.  It's still an issue that shouldn't be overlooked, especially if you've been reading them all.  There are some events occurring that will have obvious effects in the next issue.