Follow

Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense

Team » Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense appears in 478 issues.

The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (BPRD) is a grouping of supernatural individuals and government agents that investigate paranormal and occult phenomenon.

New Reader Help!

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Clara Mass

So, I definitely want to get into this series since im extremely interested in the concept and Hellboy but I don't know where to begin.  Is there a specific reading order and if so could you please tell me.  In addition to that are there any hard/softcovers that are on sale/exist in which I could purchase.  Thanks for reading and I hope you help me =D

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

Good call, Yes there are Many, many, Soft/Hard TPB's of BPRD. Yes there is a reading Order! BPRD first appears in Hellboy. Seek out some one shots, if you can, It's worth it great series.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Clara Mass
    @turoksonofstone: But where do I start first? The upcoming series set for release in January definitely has many series prior to it but which is theee first so I can slowly get the whole picture
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By turoksonofstone

Again, BPRD is a spinoff of Hellboy. I think "Drums of the Dead" w/Abe Sapien was the first non-Hellboy issue....

Pinhead230280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pinhead230280

At the end of Conquer Worm Hellboy left the B.P.R.D. This is the point where the B.P.R.D. Series starts.
    There is a TPB called Hollow Earth with collected One Shots.
    The hole "storyline" reading order is Plague of Frogs, The Death, The Black Flame, The Universal Machine, Garden of Souls, Killing Ground, The Warning, The Black Goddess, War on Frogs, King of Fear.

There is although a B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs Hardcover Collection Vol. 1 
    The 19xx stories are not connected to the big story and can be read seperatly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.