Follow

Bunker

Character » Bunker appears in 131 issues.

An amateur superhero coming from a small town in Mexico, Bunker is a member of the Teen Titans. He is capable of projecting Psionic bricks to form walls and other structures in various forms. He can also use his psionic bricks as a form of armour.

Interview: Scott Lobdell Introduces Gay Teen Titans Member in Issue #3

• 105 results
    wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By wdchefdave

I have worked with gays, lesbians, and everyone with what we used to call "alternate life-styles"...  This is old news.  This is all about building a TEAM!  Just don't focus on their race, religion, or sexual orientation... and a HUMAN hero will emerge.  I'm not sure that She-Hulk and Starfire wouldn't hook-up if given a chance.  I remember when being an obvious Jew was a big deal in the 70's comics.  (Even though a lot of Jewish guys and girls were making comics possible.) And, some of them might have been "Gay".  Time to stop putting labels on everyone.  If Starfire wants to be a slut from another galaxy... OOPS! I did it again.
    Sorry, someone stuck a redneck label on my forehead at a very young age... and it stuck.  But, I'm not a gay redneck.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By WARLOCK2792

He looks hot, sounds hot, and the idea of a freely flamboyant Mexican teenager running around fighting like a real superhero makes me want to buy Teen Titans' stuff (though I've already semi-started) even more.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@TypingKira said:

Wot.

Seriously, wot?

Why is it that all these new gay characters have to be flamboyantly so? The most popular gay characters, they aren't 'gay characters', they're characters who happen to be gay, like Billy Kaplan and Teddy Altman.

One of them LOOKS gay. So this argument isn't exactly..........full proof

WonderGirl90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By WonderGirl90

I know this may sound rude or homophobic, but I have to say that I don't like it based on how it was introduced. Tell me, do we find out that he's gay by him openly expressing it during a fight or over dinner. Better yet, why is it even brought out at all, in his first issue?! all I'm saying is, I'm all about diversity, but is bringing out out an "openly" gay character necessary for the third issue of the new series. I mean, from what I can tell, there is so much action and stuff going on when when the heck does he even have time to express this revelation to the group?! Im not homophobic, I just think there was a better way to show this or tell us this.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By sethysquare

@WonderGirl90 said:

I know this may sound rude or homophobic, but I have to say that I don't like it based on how it was introduced. Tell me, do we find out that he's gay by him openly expressing it during a fight or over dinner. Better yet, why is it even brought out at all, in his first issue?! all I'm saying is, I'm all about diversity, but is bringing out out an "openly" gay character necessary for the third issue of the new series. I mean, from what I can tell, there is so much action and stuff going on when when the heck does he even have time to express this revelation to the group?! Im not homophobic, I just think there was a better way to show this or tell us this.

Well, we all the revelation what done in a most natural way. Wondergirl teased him and he said, you do know I'm gay right? Then wondergirl went on to react as to that news. It wasn't even mentioned until issue 7.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.