Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Winter Soldier is Cancelled

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cap10nate

Winter Soldier has been cancelled as of issue 19 which will be released in June. I first noticed in the July solicits that there was no WS 20 and Latour posted a blog out the book being cancelled today. It's really sad that he and Nic Klein were only given on arc on the book before it got axed but sales were down (only 20k last month).

I will definitely miss this book as Bucky became my favorite character back before he became Captain America, and I am sad to not be able to have an ongoing featuring him. I felt like his book was always unique to the rest of the Marvel U and that it was a good thing. I hope that his portrayal in Secret Avengers is good, and that Jason and Nic have a chance to come back to the title sometime.

No Caption Provided

Let's hope that the movie can keep him relevant and give him another chance at an ongoing, but I won't hold my breath.

Edit: I also hope this is not the end of Nick Fury as this was his only regular appearance for the past year or so.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThexX

@cap10nate: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. But to be honest I saw this coming. I will miss this series because like you Bucky is my favorite character. Hopefully he has a big roll in Secret Avengers. Also don't forget that he might be in Avengers (Hickman). His name was on that list that Steve and Tony where looking at.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier was one of my favorite Marvel characters. Hopefully they find a place for him somewhere in the Marvel Universe.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@thexx said:

Also don't forget that he met be in Avengers (Hickman). His name was on that list that Steve and Tony where looking at.

I think that was a list of all potential candidates that Steve and Tony could choose from but I don't think that means he will be chosen to be part of his Avengers.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: I agree that list was potential candidates. All I am saying is that he might appear in Avengers. But I really don't think he will.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slimj87d

This sucks. It was one of Marvel's best books. They better pick it back up once the movie comes out...

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
    Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TBH, I stopped pulling after Brubaker left and Widow was removed.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ellie_knightfall: Jason Lotour's run is actually pretty good. he was taking it into a interesting direction.

I think it's because people pulled without giving Jason a chance is the reason why it's getting cancelled.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ellie_knightfall: Like what Slim said Latour's run is pretty good. I would recommend reading it.

@slimj87d: The series was still selling over 25,000 copies and only dropped to 20,000 - 21,000 when Latour took over. I don't think Marvel canceled the series because Latour are because of sells. I think they canceled the series because of the movie. They probaly want to wait until the movie is closer to release date and then bring a new Winter Soldier series out

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThexX
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, that brings me hope. Look at Red Hulk man, he's everywhere. The Winter Soldier needs to be featured in more comics. Secret Avengers is a good place to start. He's a good character, but they don't expose him enough to gain fans. There's a lot of people that know he exist but don't see him in action enough to get his series.

Hawkeye wouldn't do so well if he didn't appear in other titles.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: Hey, the related articles change hourly. Is there a chance you can dig it up?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThexX

@slimj87d: I copied this from the article. "A fan asked about Winter Soldier, which Brevoort said we could expect the character to continue in the pages of Secret Avengers and Captain America, and not-so-subtly suggested that Winter Soldier would make an eventual return as a Marvel NOW! book." This is pretty much it. On the Bucky Barnes News.

Heres the link again it you want to read the entire article.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/28/c2e2-marvel-next-big-thing-panel-recap?abthid=517d84027f8d32137f00000d

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx said:

@slimj87d: I copied this from the article. "A fan asked about Winter Soldier, which Brevoort said we could expect the character to continue in the pages of Secret Avengers and Captain America, and not-so-subtly suggested that Winter Soldier would make an eventual return as a Marvel NOW! book." This is pretty much it. On the Bucky Barnes News.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/28/c2e2-marvel-next-big-thing-panel-recap?abthid=517d84027f8d32137f00000d

Okay, they're going to relaunch it with a Number 1 issue for fans I know it... Lets just hope they don't f*** up Brubakers continuity to include plot points that relate to the movie.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Wow, I'm surprised with the movie coming out and everything.

I wasn't reading it, but I'm real sorry to hear this for the fans picking up this title.

Just out of curiosity, was this book heading to cancellation with or without Brubaker? Or did people jump ship as soon as he left?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to know why this wasn't a headlined on ComicVine.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Calm down I heard it was getting relaunched.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThexX

@m3th:

@thexx said:

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

They should have left Steve Rogers dead.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx:

@vance_astro:

I wonder when he'll make his way back into the Captain America title at this rate since he's stuck in World Z. Well in Captain America 2 The Winter Soldier, by the end he should return back to Bucky and not the Winter Soldier anymore so they probably won't make him evil again in the comics just for the sake of matching the movies... example, Phil Coulson and Nick Fury jr.

I have a feeling they're going to go back and possibly have some standalone flashback issues of his Winter Soldier days so new readers can see how evil and dangerous the Winter Soldier was.

Bucky just has so much potential for new stories, it would be absolutely stupid to not use him anymore. Absolutely stupid. They need to build a foundation that holds the top together. That foundation would be his past history as the Winter Soldier where they could easily introduce rogue villains and past conflicts that affect his present Bucky persona.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vance_astro  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

@thexx:

@vance_astro:

I wonder when he'll make his way back into the Captain America title at this rate since he's stuck in World Z. Well in Captain America 2 The Winter Soldier, by the end he should return back to Bucky and not the Winter Soldier anymore so they probably won't make him evil again in the comics just for the sake of matching the movies... example, Phil Coulson and Nick Fury jr.

I have a feeling they're going to go back and possibly have some standalone flashback issues of his Winter Soldier days so new readers can see how evil and dangerous the Winter Soldier was.

Bucky just has so much potential for new stories, it would be absolutely stupid to not use him anymore. Absolutely stupid. They need to build a foundation that holds the top together. That foundation would be his past history as the Winter Soldier where they could easily introduce rogue villains and past conflicts that affect his present Bucky persona.

Bucky is a ridiculous superhero persona. It was created back when almost every superhero had a sidekick. NOBODY should be using that title. Also don't know why he's still called the Winter Soldier, wasn't that the name the Russians gave him when he was working for them? Either way he needs his own identity. I don't understand how Nightwing can hold on while clearly living in the shadow of a much better superhero (Batman) but J.Barnes can't without BEING Captain America. Although I like Bucky as a character it seems the only way to advance the character is if Rogers dies and he becomes Cap again. As much as I love Barnes there's nothing really that unique about him. They need an angle for him.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d

@vance_astro: Yeah, I didn't mean for him to be Bucky but to remain the Winter Soldier.

his current arc is actually pretty good. people just left because Ed Brubaker stopped writing. It's like fans left in respect to Ed Brubaker but I think Brubaker would have wanted us to keep supporting the character and keep reading.

I think just from flashback images alone we have a lot of things Bucky has done that hasn't been addressed. Such as dozens of his kills of political figures. I think they have a good angle with his unknown history Since we don't know who he killed or what he did during 1945 to 20XX, it would make sense to me to completely elaborate on his past, a long flashback, not the short ones they have been doing. only then we would know who he has killed, what kind of people are bitter towards him and who he feels like he has to make it up to.

Recently, Jason latour's run showed that Bucky has a full list of things he has to do to make up for or at least break even with what the Winter Soldier did. They never revealed all the names, and things on that list as it was in scribbles on a paper.

But my question is, how did that list even get created? What did the Winter Soldier do is a very interesting arc that could run for quite a few issues.

Not sure if you would be interested in that though.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThexX

@slimj87d: From what I read on the Cap World Z arc its suppose to end at issue 9. So he will probably appear after that. Marvel is however teasing that a character from Cap past will make a appearance in issue 8 or 9. But from the cover art from that issue I think its Sharon Carter.

Here is the cover art for Cap #9

No Caption Provided

@vance_astro: Frist let me say I do agree with you that the Bucky persona is ridiculous. But I think the reason is Barnes can't hold on to a series right now is because Marvel kind of screwed up when they showed him getting almost killed in Fear Itself. I know a lot of people who think they just killed him off again during that event. As for killing off Steve to let Bucky be Cap again I don't agree with you. Bucky future is in the Winter Soldier persona. I don't remember what issue it was in but I remember that Bucky said that the only reason he became Cap was because of the respect he has for Steve and that he was also to stubborn to let anybody else have the Shield and costume. Bucky could be the Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell game Franchise) or Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) of the Marvel Universe. Bucky could be that guy how takes care of dirty work that the public never knows about. Also more characters in Marvel need to know he is alive, as of now the only characters to know Bucky is alive are Cap, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Daredevil, Dr. Doom, & Maria Hill (and maybe Nick Fury Jr., Agent Coulson, & Daisy Johnson know he is alive)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@thexx said:

@slimj87d: From what I read on the Cap World Z arc its suppose to end at issue 9. So he will probably appear after that. Marvel is however teasing that a character from Cap past will make a appearance in issue 8 or 9. But from the cover art from that issue I think its Sharon Carter.

No Caption Provided

@vance_astro: Frist let me say I do agree with you that the Bucky persona is ridiculous. But I think the reason is Barnes can't hold on to a series right now is because Marvel kind of screwed up when they showed him getting almost killed in Fear Itself. I know a lot of people who think they just killed him off again during that event. As for killing off Steve to let Bucky be Cap again I don't agree with you. Bucky future is in the Winter Soldier persona. I don't remember what issue it was in but I remember that Bucky said that the only reason he became Cap was because of the respect he has for Steve and that he was also to stubborn to let anybody else have the Shield and costume. Bucky could be the Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell game Franchise) or Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) of the Marvel Universe. Bucky could be that guy how takes care of dirty work that the public never knows about. Also more characters in Marvel need to know he is alive, as of now the only characters to know Bucky is alive are Cap, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Daredevil, Dr. Doom, & Maria Hill (and maybe Nick Fury Jr., Agent Coulson, & Daisy Johnson know he is alive)

I agree, the Marvel Universe is kind of ridiculous. It has been for quite some time now. The problem is that anyone who isn't a big part of those events they are doing or whomever isn't an important Avenger ends up getting forgotten. I think this is what is also hurting Daredevil. His book isn't cancelled yet but it's not doing very well either. I like the Metal Gear\Splinter Cell analogy you used for what Bucky could be. That would be pretty cool, but I just think "legacy characters" like Bucky DO struggle because of their origin. Winter Soldier can only progress but so far because of his close relation to a character that Marvel takes more interest in.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@vance_astro said:

@thexx said:

No Caption Provided

I agree, the Marvel Universe is kind of ridiculous. It has been for quite some time now. The problem is that anyone who isn't a big part of those events they are doing or whomever isn't an important Avenger ends up getting forgotten. I think this is what is also hurting Daredevil. His book isn't cancelled yet but it's not doing very well either. I like the Metal Gear\Splinter Cell analogy you used for what Bucky could be. That would be pretty cool, but I just think "legacy characters" like Bucky DO struggle because of their origin. Winter Soldier can only progress but so far because of his close relation to a character that Marvel takes more interest in.

Yes, the reviews for DD have been in the 9+ out of 10. I think the average marvel fan is only fans of the events and the characters that have to do with the "Avengers."

I guess we can call them the "casual" comic book readers. I understand it's hard to throw down 3 or 4 dollars a month on small title characters that don't have to do with marvel as a whole. That money usually adds up pretty quickly. But is Marvel really losing that much money only selling 25 to 50K of a title like DD and Winter Soldier? maybe, I wonder how many comics have to sell to make an actual profit to pay off the staff.

in the long run though I think Disney and Marvel need to realize that it's not the actual comic book that will make them the money initially but the merchandise and future theme parks based on these characters that are a cash cow. They need these small little titles to stick around because it's a investment in potential. Not something to just throw away and cancel because it's not making money right at the moment.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By daredevil21134

@slimj87d said:

@vance_astro said:

@thexx said:

No Caption Provided

Yes, the reviews for DD have been in the 9+ out of 10. I think the average marvel fan is only fans of the events and the characters that have to do with the "Avengers."

I guess we can call them the "casual" comic book readers. I understand it's hard to throw down 3 or 4 dollars a month on small title characters that don't have to do with marvel as a whole. That money usually adds up pretty quickly. But is Marvel really losing that much money only selling 25 to 50K of a title like DD and Winter Soldier? maybe, I wonder how many comics have to sell to make an actual profit to pay off the staff.

in the long run though I think Disney and Marvel need to realize that it's not the actual comic book that will make them the money initially but the merchandise and future theme parks based on these characters that are a cash cow. They need these small little titles to stick around because it's a investment in potential. Not something to just throw away and cancel because it's not making money right at the moment.

I don't know if it's me or something else but it seems like DC does a little better job not cancelling the little books and letting them run.Whereas Marvel cancels a books as sounds as sales drop even a little. I was happy to have Winter Solder and Gambit even though I wasn't enjoying Gambit it was nice having it on the shelf the same with Venom as well

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't know if it's me or something else but it seems like DC does a little better job not cancelling the little books and letting them run.Whereas Marvel cancels a books as sounds as sales drop even a little. I was happy to have Winter Solder and Gambit even though I wasn't enjoying Gambit it was nice having it on the shelf the same with Venom as well

I don't think DC is doing any better than Marvel when it comes to "cancelling the little books". Marvel might have cancelled more thus far but I think Marvel publishes more books than DC overall. Both companies have their favorites & big names that they will always hold on to and revamp and trying to make some money off of, everything else is expendable. I don't think Marvel cancels a book if their sales drop a little unless the book was only selling a little to begin with. 20,000 a month is nothing for a publisher of Marvel's caliber, but if your book now drops to 15,000 in sales at that point it doesn't make sense business wise to keep the book running. Venom, Winter Soldier, & Gambit weren't ever really doing that well for a drop in sales to not get them canned. Captain Marvel & Fearless Defenders will probably be next, it's not Marvel fault. People need to go out and buy the books.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't think DC is doing any better than Marvel when it comes to "cancelling the little books". Marvel might have cancelled more thus far but I think Marvel publishes more books than DC overall. Both companies have their favorites & big names that they will always hold on to and revamp and trying to make some money off of, everything else is expendable. I don't think Marvel cancels a book if their sales drop a little unless the book was only selling a little to begin with. 20,000 a month is nothing for a publisher of Marvel's caliber, but if your book now drops to 15,000 in sales at that point it doesn't make sense business wise to keep the book running. Venom, Winter Soldier, & Gambit weren't ever really doing that well for a drop in sales to not get them canned. Captain Marvel & Fearless Defenders will probably be next, it's not Marvel fault. People need to go out and buy the books.

Well I do think Marvel can advertise some of those books a little better

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

Well that would require them actually "caring" and we both know they're not going to do that :)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

Well that would require them actually "caring" and we both know they're not going to do that :)

The problem is overly exposing the same popular characters again and again. I get the strategy, like in Deadpool teaming up with Wolverine and Captain America. I bet it turned the Wolverine and Captain America fans' heads when they saw the cover.

But couldn't they have thrown a small character with those big characters? Or one of those big characters could have been replaced with a smaller character to try and raise their popularity.

But what do I know? I've never ran a company before and I've never had to deal with the logistics. I'm sure your resume would sound more awesome if you had "made companies millions of dollars" instead of "made a crappy comic book character cool."

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vance_astro  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

The problem is overly exposing the same popular characters again and again. I get the strategy, like in Deadpool teaming up with Wolverine and Captain America. I bet it turned the Wolverine and Captain America fans' heads when they saw the cover.

But couldn't they have thrown a small character with those big characters? Or one of those big characters could have been replaced with a smaller character to try and raise their popularity.

But what do I know? I've never ran a company before and I've never had to deal with the logistics. I'm sure your resume would sound more awesome if you had "made companies millions of dollars" instead of "made a crappy comic book character cool."

I agree. There's no balance in how the expose certain characters to the masses, then they give this lesser known character a book and then expect them to matter. Harley Quinn is probably the last female comics character to get some more exposure based on the reaction of the masses to her. How they were able to push guys like Wolverine, Punisher, Deadpool,Iron Man and other characters just on what people find interesting about those characters, doesn't work any more. The way that their universe is structured, there is very little room for characters that aren't whom they believe are their most important Avengers & X-Men to have any of the spotlight. When they put out a comic like Moon Knight or She-Hulk that has been cancelled before, why not try a new strategy? Why keep presenting lesser known characters the same exact way time after time.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

I agree. There's no balance in how the expose certain characters to the masses, then they give this lesser known character a book and then expect them to matter. Harley Quinn is probably the last female comics character to get some more exposure based on the reaction of the masses to her. How they were able to push guys like Wolverine, Punisher, Deadpool,Iron Man and other characters just on what people find interesting about those characters, doesn't work any more. The way that their universe is structured, there is very little room for characters that aren't whom they believe are their most important Avengers & X-Men to have any of the spotlight. When they put out a comic like Moon Knight or She-Hulk that has been cancelled before, why not try a new strategy? Why keep presenting lesser known characters the same exact way time after time.

I think they were hoping She-Hulk's exposure in FF would give her a strong series to go off of.

Winter Soldier should have done well... I don't know how it didn't. I think they figured since Bucky held his own in the Captain America title, he would have done well with his own series. I bought every issue to support it but it still got cancelled... It wasn't doing that bad either, I think it was selling about 30,000 a month.

Seriously, Ed Brubaker left because they tried to cancel it earlier on him I think. He was writing Winter Soldier, then they said they were going to cancel it and then I think he thought his life over and decided to leave Marvel (this sentence is my theory). That's when they came back to him and told him Winter Soldier sales had stabilized, but I think he already made up a hard decision.

Oh well... I'm just really bitter... Here's to hoping the Winter Soldier movie raises his popularity and he gets a series again. Ed Brubaker did said he would love to return and work with the character again one of these days. The most exciting thing I have right now is to look forward to the movie, from what I have heard about the trailers, it sounds like it'll be good. Hope you're going to watch it too.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

@vance_astro: What do you purpose they do to fix it

1.Stop doing company wide events. Only events\crossovers there should be are ones that are specific to individual characters
    2.Cancel all of the Avengers books accept for the regular Avengers book, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, & Mighty Avengers
    3.Rename New Avengers (Avengers: The Illuminati), rename Secret Avengers to (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.). That way there's only two Avengers books left. Like when there was only the Avengers & the West Coast Avengers. Calling Secret Avengers : Agent of Shield will help sell the T.V. show.
    4.With all those Avengers titles out of the way, individual character\team books will HAVE TO sell or Marvel will lose alot of money. This strategy is a way of putting themselves in a position to be creative and HAVE TO come up with something to make these characters more popular.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

@vance_astro: What do you purpose they do to fix it

1.Stop doing company wide events. Only events\crossovers there should be are ones that are specific to individual characters

2.Cancel all of the Avengers books accept for the regular Avengers book, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, & Mighty Avengers

3.Rename New Avengers (Avengers: The Illuminati), rename Secret Avengers to (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.). That way there's only two Avengers books left. Like when there was only the Avengers & the West Coast Avengers. Calling Secret Avengers : Agent of Shield will help sell the T.V. show.

4.With all those Avengers titles out of the way, individual character\team books will HAVE TO sell or Marvel will lose alot of money. This strategy is a way of putting themselves in a position to be creative and HAVE TO come up with something to make these characters more popular.

Well I have to commend you man,especially on the idea of eliminating some of the Avengers books but at the same time keep those same books relevant. I think by doing the things you suggested could restore the honor and meaning of being an Avenger.again

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

Well I have to commend you man,especially on the idea of eliminating some of the Avengers books but at the same time keep those same books relevant. I think by doing the things you suggested could restore the honor and meaning of being an Avenger.again

I'm about to do a blog on how I would have done Marvel NOW & the New 52.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vance_astro  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

I think they were hoping She-Hulk's exposure in FF would give her a strong series to go off of.

FF isn't doing well.

@slimj87d said:

Winter Soldier should have done well... I don't know how it didn't. I think they figured since Bucky held his own in the Captain America title, he would have done well with his own series. I bought every issue to support it but it still got cancelled... It wasn't doing that bad either, I think it was selling about 30,000 a month.

Captain America was doing amazing when Bucky was Cap. It was doing 80-70'000 a month. When the book got cancelled before Remender's run it was doing damn near 50,000. I don't know what would make them think Winter Soldier would do those numbers without the name especially considering Bucky's role being reduced significantly.

@slimj87d said:

Seriously, Ed Brubaker left because they tried to cancel it earlier on him I think. He was writing Winter Soldier, then they said they were going to cancel it and then I think he thought his life over and decided to leave Marvel (this sentence is my theory). That's when they came back to him and told him Winter Soldier sales had stabilized, but I think he already made up a hard decision.

I think they have too many books they want to keep going that are doing 30,000 & below so they made the decision to drop Winter Soldier. I don't really feel like Bucky can grow with Steve around. They should have left Steve dead and kept Bucky as Captain America.

@slimj87d said:

Oh well... I'm just really bitter... Here's to hoping the Winter Soldier movie raises his popularity and he gets a series again. Ed Brubaker did said he would love to return and work with the character again one of these days. The most exciting thing I have right now is to look forward to the movie, from what I have heard about the trailers, it sounds like it'll be good. Hope you're going to watch it too.

Marvel has always dropped the ball in that regard. When the Elektra film came out her book had just been cancelled. When Blade came out his book was cancelled as well. You would think they'd try and preserve Winter Soldier for this reason.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Some very interesting insight. I agree with your post about cancelling all those Avenger titles also as I feel the same way. Infinity is pretty good though and it makes sense why everyone needs to be involved. But all these cross overs and team ups just aren't what comics used to be anymore. A hero versus his rogues.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vance_astro  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

@vance_astro: Some very interesting insight. I agree with your post about cancelling all those Avenger titles also as I feel the same way. Infinity is pretty good though and it makes sense why everyone needs to be involved. But all these cross overs and team ups just aren't what comics used to be anymore. A hero versus his rogues.

Infinity has been good so far but this is also the first time they actually NEEDED and event. Infinity will bring Thanos back into the forefront the way Age of Ultron did for Ultron so that Marvel can sell their Avengers & Guardians films but the Avengers name needs to start meaning something. Calling a book "Avengers" when it has nothing to do with them is misleading to new readers and a cowardice sales tactic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.