Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Just a thought about the MCU and Sebastian Stan...

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Now, I'm pretty sure that most of us know that Sebastian Stan is signed for about 5 or 6 films with Marvel -- but unless there are 3 more Cap films and a flashback appearance in the Avengers he just can't be in the films! Or can he?

I remember reading an issue of the Avengers, one of the earlier ones -- and a while after Cap is unfrozen, he sees Bucky! But how is this possible? Didn't Bucky die? Well the thing is he did (well not really, that's how he can be the Winter Soldier in other films). Who he actually saw was Rick Jones -- So what if Rick Jones is in the Avengers films or even another Captain America film? Just a quick thought.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CATPANEXE

it's established that the films take place in the now named Marvel Cinematic Universe alternate reality, so pretty much no continuity from 616 has any bearing, just the themes.

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

@CATPANEXE: But what I'm saying is that since it is influenced by the comics and there was a quick reference to Rick Jones in TIH, I think it could be possible, really I see no other way that he could be in 4 or 5 more films, unless Cap has quite a few flashbacks in each of the Avengers movies and he's in the Cap sequel(s)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By slimj87d

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

@CATPANEXE: But what I'm saying is that since it is influenced by the comics and there was a quick reference to Rick Jones in TIH, I think it could be possible, really I see no other way that he could be in 4 or 5 more films, unless Cap has quite a few flashbacks in each of the Avengers movies and he's in the Cap sequel(s)

He has a contract for 6 films. It doesn't guarantee that he will be in 6. Just if Marvel calls upon him to make appearances or cameos, it is in his contract to do so over anything that he might have planned in the future.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    *shrug * Leader also showed up in a film. Influence is no guarantee, and like I said comic continuity doesn't actually matter in cinematic. In fact I stated in a thread about Amanda Waller that I'm pretty much siding that it's the other way around, being the films actually influence the comics more than the comics the films. I don't think Rick Jones will be any kind of a spotlighted character, at least no more than Clark Gregg's S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson is if that's what your getting at. He also reserve's the right to break contract, and that wouldn't be a surprise for someone playing a comic character. Just ask Bruce Banner. Your Rick Jones fix will probably get better fed by the new Hulk cartoon actually (I can't wait to see an A-Bomb action figure to tell you the truth). Winter Soldier is likely since the Cap director is pushing one and he has a lot to push with right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.