Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Ed Brubaker Steps Off WINTER SOLDIER

• 59 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Lvenger

It's true. All the greats really are leaving the superhero comics medium. :(

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ThexX
    Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#53  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

He said he was writing some of his best stuff to date on that series and he was probably right. It will be sad to see him go as I didn't like the news he was leaving Cap although with Marvel NOW that was inevitable, but hopefully he brings out some good creator own stuff like he's done with Criminal and Incognito

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By kriminal

i was happy when i seen he was leaving cap. the lastest series wasnt as good as his original run.remender does a good job with venom so i hope he does well. sad to seen he is leaving winter soldier though. i guess i dont like him writing steve rogers as much as bucky

Avatar image for themtvernonkid82
    TheMtVernonKid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheMtVernonKid82

Mr.B though it is sad to see you leave but you left a lasting impression on us fan. You go continue to impress us.

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By kadosho_16bit

Brubaker is one those writers that is a free spirit, when a call for ideas arrives he goes towards it. I give him credit for working on Marvel themed projects this long. I hope that his ongoing self made titles does well.

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#57  Edited By kartron

True that he created history with captain america series altogether and his break is well deserved.

Heck I am going to pick up everything that he has created since 2005!!!!!

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PassionFlower

I love Steve Rogers but the only time I regularly bought CA was with Bucky -Cap.

TheMightyHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheMightyHerc

Really Sad, brubaker is amazing..

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By slimj87d

I just needed to add my sadness for Brubaker leaving the title. But with that sadness I know will be an equal or greater amount of joy when he returns to it when he gets the chance!

The movie is coming out and it i will keep Bucky strong for awhile. I just hope he remainds popular enough for others to keep reading to keep him around.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.