• 54 results
Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Comiclove5

I loved this issue I can't wait for the next.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 52

This book is awesome. It's like an episodic tv program in print.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

I don't think that all of the 12 will be alive still at the end of Brightest Day....atleast one of them has to fail at their task and I believe if that happens the White Lantern will take their life back

also I fully believe that this is going to be an awesome story to read in trade

DiarmaidDineen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DiarmaidDineen

meh..

magicpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By magicpower

That is why I get the trade books. I read it all at one time and see the whole picture.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Joey Ravn

Can somebody tell me the scores Sara and Tony gave this issue? I won't be able to read it till tomorrow, but I'm curious about their reaction :P

Avatar image for boston_brand_of_earth
Boston Brand of Earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I am a stupid jerk, but i think that Geoff Johnns is creating history.

That issue is a pure epicness!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

my first two guesses for who the next white entity will be are Dove or Ganthet. 

Also im curious if once things settle if the white Lantern Corps will still be around and if so will it continue to be made up of "dead" characters, giving them goals to complete for the betterment of the white lantern corps in return for true life back? {FYI: dont think it would really happen but i like the idea of it}
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123

I dont think ive been so excited for the next book of any book since Brightest Day 1. This issue so so awesome. And the way i see it is that their visions are things that could "possibly" happen. Its up to the characters.

The White Lantern wants these characters to help protect the world (possibly) from the black lanterns and it feels as if these characters must do these things to protect it. I wonder what will happen with Zoom. Will he become a White Lantern now that hes completed his "mission"? Or maybe hell just be granted life.
goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goldenkey
@magicpower: I do that too unless I just want to pick something up because Im bored.  I bought the individuals of Blackest Night, GL, and GL corp just because it was going for sooooo long.  A friend of mine ( my only one that collects comics) lent me his collection 2nd coming, and reading it whole was just great.  Everything I read about the book said it only okay, some issues dragged, it wasn't worth the hype it was getting, I say BULLSHIT!!.  Read it as a whole.  It might take a lot of time, but read as a whole the story was non-stop action, and very good chase plot.  I haven't read the X-men in a long time but Im gonna jump back in.  Im with out a doubt gonna pick up the trade, because the beauty of trades is a lot of stories are better read in one sitting as a apposed to increments.  Who watches a  movie 15 minutes a month.  Might be good that way, better if you watch the whole thing at once.
Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Crymsun

I love love love this book.  All the build up has a HUGE pay off!  Geoff Johns has done it again, and I could not be happier!
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By longbowhunter

I thought issue #6 was great and #7 was even better. I really dont mind the slow pace of the book. I've been here since #1 I'll be here for #26. Digging this series!!!
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FLStyle
@Joey Ravn said:

" Can somebody tell me the scores Sara and Tony gave this issue? I won't be able to read it till tomorrow, but I'm curious about their reaction :P "

How did you know it was a dual review? In any case:

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By doordoor123

OH i forgot! I love that you guys are FINALLY Reviewing together again!
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NightFang3
@Comiclove5 said:
" I loved this issue I can't wait for the next. "
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I now want to pick this series up ^__^ sounds like it's finally hitting its stride

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#17  Edited By lostlantern13

It really was a fantastic issue. It seems that the ball's finally rolling for "Brightest Day." Good review, guys.

RomaTotti10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RomaTotti10

Nice to have both of you back. 

I have to agree with G-Man about the different art styles being a bit annoying. Martian Manhunter doesn't look so good in this issue.

This issue is excellent 5/5.

Avatar image for bringbackpowerpack
BringBackPowerPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good issue.  I now need a cheesburger and an egg salad sammich.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By sora_thekey
@Joey Ravn:  Tony: 4.5/5 and Sara: 5/5

I haven't read issue 4 for this book... So I'll probably buy issues 4 - 7 and do what Sara said and read them all back to back!
blackcanaryguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blackcanaryguy

I really liked this issue, but I'm as of yet unconvinced that the individual characters were selected with much care. Outside of Deadman, that is.   

I really hope that it pulls together *logically* by the end of the series.  I fear it will feel more like "there were all these discrete characters or concepts we wanted to bring bag (Aquaman/Aqualad, Hawkworld, the Hawks, etc.) and so we jury-rigged their return in this big grab bag that we'll pretend hangs together logically." 

I like Johns, and I think he's great at writing entertaining stories that lead to  big, pretty splash pages, but I don't think he's much of a narrative craftsman.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#22  Edited By gmanfromheck
@doordoor123: We've been doing both single and dual reviews since we moved into the new office. Maybe you just need to find the right ones. We have people that love one type and not the other and vice versa. By doing both, perhaps we'll make people happy.
lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#23  Edited By lostlantern13
@G-Man: 
Happiness? On the Internet? Is that even possible?
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By doordoor123
@G-Man said:

" @doordoor123: We've been doing both single and dual reviews since we moved into the new office. Maybe you just need to find the right ones. We have people that love one type and not the other and vice versa. By doing both, perhaps we'll make people happy. "

For future reference, i love seeing two different perspectives reviewing the comic. It gives me much more insight on the comic. And the interactions between you two make the experoence all the more  pleasurable. But thats just me. :/ 
Great review by the way. :)
Bossjugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bossjugg

great issue!!! JL Generation Lost has to do a lot to top this one off

Avatar image for thegreatequalizermrnofear
TheGreatEqualizerMrNoFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue kicked it in to high gear. 
IN JOHNS WE TRUST!
Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crimson Eagle

I agree with Babs, the Black Lanterns will return. 

In the issue the white lantern said that the "Protecter will rise." 
The lantern said "Rise," a word that was common in Blackest Night. 
Coincidence? I think not.
Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aquamariner

HAHA! I thought the whole burger thing was cute too! I read 5, 6 and 7 back to back! was a little bummed out about issue 4 so i decided to take some time off from BD...and MAN did it pay off! FINALLY the title kicks into gear with these 3 issues! 

I think we got a new direction from this issue forward, I just hope that Johns doesnt forget that all the ressurected still have some black lantern side effects! I really want to see where that goes! 

I agree with babs, 5 points all around. This ish was one of the best! If the series continues to go ahead with the pace it's been handling since issue 5, things can only get better!

ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By ElJuano

One word: UNBE-WEAVE-ABLE!!!!!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MKF30

Cool, I'll get it I think John will be perhaps the main White Lantern in the future...I can be wrong but just my prediction possibly..

RandomAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RandomAtom

This was an awesome issue, totally excited for the next one...which we won;t have to wait all that long for

darth bul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darth bul

love it
Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joey Ravn
@sora_thekey said:
" @Joey Ravn:  Tony: 4.5/5 and Sara: 5/5  I haven't read issue 4 for this book... So I'll probably buy issues 4 - 7 and do what Sara said and read them all back to back! "

@FLStyle said:

" @Joey Ravn said:

" Can somebody tell me the scores Sara and Tony gave this issue? I won't be able to read it till tomorrow, but I'm curious about their reaction :P "

How did you know it was a dual review? In any case:

"
Thanks. I saw just enough to know who was reviewing it, to know how to ask :P Seeing such high scores, I can't wait to read it tomorrow. I usually get a few comics each day, then read them all together on friday. The problem is that I have to wait till friday to read them... :P
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34  Edited By jakob187

I went back last night and read issue #6 and #7, just to see if maybe there's something that I'm missing. 

I still don't like either of those issues.  I still feel like Brightest Day #7 didn't reveal much that we didn't already figure out on our own.  Sure, there's that sense of "man, I was right" when it comes to some of those characters, but others are kind of out of left field.  Moreover, the stuff with Hawk and Dove and the missions they have, as well as the character(s) that tie into their missions...I mean, where is THAT coming from?  The particular character that intertwines with their missions hasn't been in the core book AT ALL since, like, issue #0!!! 

Also, there's a lot of people that liked the cheeseburger thing, but I thought it was just doofy and a bit of a slap in the face.  It's like...Deadman has been getting teleported everywhere by this Entity for six issues...and then he seriously tries to figure out how to use the ring he's been given...and tries to resurrect people...and he's wondering what's going on... 

...and all he needed to do was eat a cheeseburger?  WHY didn't the Entity just say "hey, wanna know what's going on? Go eat a cheeseburger."  That would've saved us at least three issues worth of pages that...in general...I already felt were unnecessary for this series. 

I don't know.  It's good to see people liked the issue, and it's also cool that DC finally revealed why they are back.  At the same time, a lot of that stuff has either already been hinted at, our natural thinking process has considered it the reason, or the stuff is so left-field that it doesn't make sense yet.  All I know is that #7 just really pisses me off.  It feels as though the reader is being treated like an idiot and a tool by DC.

Jslab425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jslab425
@G-Man:  Another great Unscripted, one of my favorite part of CV...Did Mr. Jones give any face time to CV during the SDCC??? I've been looking for any content on the site and haven't seen any :(
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FLStyle
@Joey Ravn: A double-edged sword! :P
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Darkchild

I loved how each were given their tasts. MMs task was awesome so much foreshadowing!! It also looks like one of the images in that teaser pic from a week ago is shown
Avatar image for artimus_walkstrange
ARTIMUS WALKSTRANGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love every...single...issue.    
darkking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By darkking

is batman back yet ?
csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By csimon

Dead man so needs a new look
ILuvMsMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ILuvMsMarvel

Eat a cheeseburger, save the world.

whyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By whyda

I have not been reading Gen Lost and after reading this issue I think I am going go have to download them on my iTouch.

Jord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Jord

G-man, Babs, it's good to see the two of you reviewing together again!  And the comic wall is back too! Hurrah!!  There's a lot of glare off the bags that the books are in though... 

I wasn't going to pick this up, but you've changed my mind.  Might as well get the last 2 issues that i missed, also...

Cool background music!
mrrpm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mrrpm01

can't wait till saturday to pick up my comics!  I haven't read generation lost the title didn't interest me at all but, that being said I can't wait to find out more about the white lantern and if there will be a corp

busterblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By busterblader

So how many issues long is brightest supposed to be?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Magian

I don't think the pacing of the book was very slow. It's over 20 issues we can't know everything from the start. BTW the ring is very polite.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47  Edited By Zoom
@Bossjugg said:
"great issue!!! JL Generation Lost has to do a lot to top this one off "

Generation Lost 6 blew Brightest Day 7 out of the water. 

BD 7 was a 2.5/3 star story.  Decent but nothing special. 

Generation Lost is a book where I consistantly go "This book is great.  I can't wait for the next issue."
ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ComiCCloseup

Why everytime I push play it always sends me to the bottom of the page! Every fucking time!!

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HumanTorch101

I finally got around to reading Blackest Night(the main part) and it was excellent.  I've loved what Geoff has done with Green Lantern and when this comes out in trade form, I will read this as well.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Theodore

This issue was too damn good, I've been loving Brightest Day since #0, this is an easy 5/5 for me. Going to go back and read #0-#7 right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.