Follow

Brightest Day

Story arc »

Once dead, 12 heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled deep from within the center of the Earth. Deemed a miracle by many and a sign of the apocalypse by others, the reasons behind their rebirths remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long.

Unscripted: Brightest Day #2

trougedoor122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By trougedoor122

I liked this issue, I will admit that the firestorm stuff was a little boring. But other than that it was a good comic, especially the end!

Marius138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Marius138

I didn't care for this issue.

UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By UnclePappyWolf

I think the biggest problem with judging a single issue is that each issue builds on the other. No one issue by itself is going to be all things on its own; especially when a story  as robust as this one  is heavily dependent on what came before and what comes after. #0-2 have peaked my interest in characters I wouldn't  normally follow. 
    To me the questions to ask are: is the story  intriguing; does it make you curious for the next issue and would you keep reading it? And the answer for me to all those questions is a resounding "YES". Both Blackest Night and Brightest Day have kept my interest up and as long as it keeps doing that I'll keep reading. Besides conjuring a giant zombie Squid totally RULES!!

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
    The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By The Cyan Lantern

Who is your theory on that murder housewife martian?

Sidie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sidie

I don't really like it when a character comes back from the dead, let alone a lot of characters, so i don't like really like this series.

PhantomAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PhantomAres

My problem with the issue, and maybe it's just me, is that it only seemed to be a filler to bridge the gap between the other BD titles, nothing was overly revealing or intriguing but when something interesting did start to happen it would cut away to someone else. 

I have to disagree with the Firestorm stuff as I found the most enjoyment from that, as well as the crazy person scene, and to be fair so far Firestorm has had the least coverage in series so the five pages were probably making up for that, and to be fair the next bit looks like it could be awesome.

Avatar image for emerald_lamp_2814
    emerald_lamp_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By emerald_lamp_2814
    @PhantomAres said:
    "My problem with the issue, and maybe it's just me, is that it only seemed to be a filler to bridge the gap between the other BD titles, nothing was overly revealing or intriguing but when something interesting did start to happen it would cut away to someone else.  I have to disagree with the Firestorm stuff as I found the most enjoyment from that, as well as the crazy person scene, and to be fair so far Firestorm has had the least coverage in series so the five pages were probably making up for that, and to be fair the next bit looks like it could be awesome. "

brightest day is not a bridge to other series because the characters in here only come out here you do not see firestorm,aquaman, hawkman/woman or martian manhunter in any other book and mostlikely not see other characters form other series in here the only issue to bridge was issue 0. I all so dissagree with the firestorm comments but that is only because I like the character but aquaman got nothing in this issue all that happend with him was him jumping into water.
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Joe Venom

This was a meh issue for me, honestly the first and last stories was the best and I'm not even a big fan of Firestorm but look forward to finding out who the third voice was. The cover tho nice was very misleading I hope it would focus on what's up with Aquaman but all he does is jump in the water smh. As for the Hawkpeople story, everyone knows where it's going so they need to wrap it up soon or at least make it more interesting.

I'll let Manhunter's story slide this issue, it wasn't that great but I like where his story in general is going hes Terra-forming Mars, and now this new (or old) threat is out to get him, so with this back story out of the way Issue #3 should be very interesting for J'onn J'onnz

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By doordoor123

twas good 
    BUT THAT UNDERSCORE!@#U&*(@#$&(*@&$#

ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ElJuano

I have to agree with G-Man on this one... Barely a 4 and that's being generous. So far this and last ish are looking more and more appealing as a trade paperback. I'll wait to catch this series as a collection!

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Archetype

I agree with Babs on the Martian Manhunter part but Overall I agree with GMan on the score.It was a nice issue with the Action centered around Firestorm, sentimental emotional part with J'onn, and quick glimpses of everyone else.It seems like at times everyone will get their time in the spotlight and the issues people might like least will be the ones where the character they like is featured the least which makes sense.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ImperiousRix

I love the cheesey music that was playing whilst Babs was explaining the scene with Martian Manhunter. 
    Pretty hilarious.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mbecks14

i did enjoy this issue a lot. i personally really do like firestorm but i don't care as much about Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Definitely not enough Aquaman in this issue.  I'm normally not much of a Martian Manhunter fan but i really liked him in this issue!!

I also really enjoyed getting Zatanna this week! it was my favorite issue i picked up. can you guys do a review on that?

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Calvin

The oreo lover is back! 
     Great. Worst than seeing gone, was seeing be a black lantern. Aquaman is cool too.

No Caption Provided

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15  Edited By fACEmelter88

Soooo annoying I listen to these reviews to get their opinion and observations so I can maybe understand more or "see" something I missed. EXAMPLE: I wanted to hear G-Man's theory on who that psycho person was because I have no idea.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Caligula

5/5 for me. I loved the Manhunter and Firestorm stuff.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EnSabahNurX

These reviews are awesome if only there was a comic book store in my town T_T last time there was one was ten years ago, guess i gotta wait till i go back to college to pick this up

PhantomAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PhantomAres
    @emerald lamp 2814 said:
    " @PhantomAres said:
    "My problem with the issue, and maybe it's just me, is that it only seemed to be a filler to bridge the gap between the other BD titles, nothing was overly revealing or intriguing but when something interesting did start to happen it would cut away to someone else.  I have to disagree with the Firestorm stuff as I found the most enjoyment from that, as well as the crazy person scene, and to be fair so far Firestorm has had the least coverage in series so the five pages were probably making up for that, and to be fair the next bit looks like it could be awesome. "
    brightest day is not a bridge to other series because the characters in here only come out here you do not see firestorm,aquaman, hawkman/woman or martian manhunter in any other book and mostlikely not see other characters form other series in here the only issue to bridge was issue 0. I all so dissagree with the firestorm comments but that is only because I like the character but aquaman got nothing in this issue all that happend with him was him jumping into water. "
    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say (My fault, not yours), I wasn't meaning directly at the characters, more about events that shed light on stuff happening and continuing into deeper story lines from that (Such as the latest JLA). Then again that's probably what so many people sharing the spotlight does I guess. 

Also with Firestorm I mean basically overall as is 0-2, while zero was mostly even character wise in issue 1 there was a big segment for Aquaman and his story while Firestorm got 2 pages that didn't really do much, like Aquaman in 2. Don't get me wrong other characters have had much less, but I guess when it's one of your favourite characters in the series it just bugs you more XD
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By FoxxFireArt

If Babs wants a poster of that cover. She should read GodLen's articles on Anime Vice about how to hang any poster and make it art. He has some nice tips.

The part where G-Man and Babs have differing opinions on the Martian Manhunter scene shows one of the best examples why the Duel Reviews work out so well.

When you have to turn a magazine in the middle. That usually means something COMPLETELY different.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#20  Edited By lostlantern13

Firestorm would be more interesting if they did more than fight with each other. There's no attempt at even making these characters more than Ronnie the partier who doesn't care and Jason the dude who's angry at Ronnie. It's really the biggest shortcoming of this entire Brightest Day.

I'm with Babs, I really enjoyed the Martian Manhunter stuff. It's good to get his "origin" story. Great portion. I'm hoping the Hawks get that kind of story soon. The MM stuff and the end really were strong.

Theansweris42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By Theansweris42

Usually I share Gman's opinion, but I gotta say he's to tough on characters that aren't his favorites.   

As far as Manhunter, I'm new to DC and this series is the first time I read of him, and that segment filled me in and made me care.  And the Firestorm was atleast interesting, wasn't rip roaring action but it's atleast legit character development, unlike Hawkman and Hawkwoman who they are just throwing into their story.  Also the Deadman (he really needs a new name) part was exciting, I'm pumped for this series now.   

And ease up on Firestorm, the fact that he's here means that they are planning something big with him.  Could of just thrown him onto a team like other characters, but no, they put him in the main book.  They don't use an unpopular character in a big book unless they are going to have some interesting turns.

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By carnivalofsins00

what are THE vital comics to get to follow Brightest Day completely?

wingster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wingster

There's like 4-5 individual stories going on, and I'm hoping it all leads somewhere. 3/5 from me.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Bergquist

its like countdown
    UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By UnclePappyWolf

I try to see a storyline as a complete work. Like a graphic novel. If each issue had to have something consistently compelling the beat of the overall arc would be kind of annoying and manic. So I look at each issue as a few pages of an overall work. To me judging one comic, on its own, limits the writers ability to build up suspense for a greater reveal later one.  I think each issue should make you more curious not necessary Knock your socks of with a reveal each issue. I think that's why I like to buy a few issues at a time and read them all together. I think it makes the overall narrative more rewarding. 
    I've never been a big fan of Firestorm myself but I find this aspect of the character intriguing. a character in conflict with himself quite literally. The Martian Manhunter is one of those characters like Captain Marvel who is always kind of degenerated for being too much like Superman but what makes these characters very interesting to me is there differences.  I really liked that little retelling of the origin of his character coming to Earth. It was heartfelt and different to than Superman for sure. That was the best part of the whole issue to me that and the splash page at the end.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joey Ravn

The "problem" with Brightest Day is that it's too fragmented. It has many characters and they all must be given their featured time and whatever. I really hope the next 24 issues start focusing more on one character per issue, and the show a couple pages of the rest. I think it would make the pace a lot faster. Anyway, I'd give it a 4/5. The thing with Firestorm was cool, especially the art. That voice. (BTW. Was Firestorm black? I though it was Ronnie's "body" with Jason's "mind", but his skin looked darker than in BD#1). The scene with Jonzz was GREAT, it was moving, it was well written. And the ending... the ending was GREAT. I'm really sorry for all those people that said that an alive Deadman would be completely boring and uninteresting :P I LOVED the description of that other certain character that appeared with him. 

BDog23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By BDog23

Firestorm is awesome, you'll like him if you read the Conway work. I don't care for Hawkman & Hawkgirl, I'd rather more Aquaman stuff. Was a great book overall though.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mbecks14
    @bergquist: NO!! countdown sucked!

@bdog: agreed!
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I really enjoyed it I wish Aquaman was in it for more than two pages though he is on the fraggin cover lol!

JLAsuperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JLAsuperdude

How do you guys not like Firestorm one of my favorite characters!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Theansweris42:  I may be tough on characters I don't like but the creators involved in this book made it so I still was able to give it a 4 out of 5.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32  Edited By jakob187

I haven't read it yet, but I'm excited about it.  One of my favorite parts about the last issue was the Firestorm stuff. 

As for the crazy "horror" part, I freaked out when that happened in #1!!!  I kept thinking "what the hell is going on here, it's like a George A. Romero movie just hit my Brightest Day".  When the end of the issue hit, I just said "OOOOOHHHHH". 

Looking forward to this issue.

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By waruikumo

THERE'S A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Martian Manhunter's return was one of my favorite parts, It felt like a signal that the classic silver (or is it golden) age was back and that that stories wouldn't be so dark anymore.  I haven't read this issue... yet.  Its on hold.  But I am very interested.  But from glancing at it, it seems a little dark and creepy, maybe I saw the horror part.  it was very very very horrory.

smalltropolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By smalltropolis

As a DC dude I love all the BD characters, of course!  But I´m also a great Firestorm fan!
    I didin´t like the Jason Rusch Firestorm run! 
    Ronnie Raymond & Dr. Martin Stein rules, so I have high hopes for BD to fix Firestorm, like The Flash, Green Lantern...

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#36  Edited By Green ankh

I almost wish this was a bunch of one shots tied togther with Deadman.
    WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WhiteLantern#1

Whens brightest day 3 come out?
    daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daveydavey

Why all the Frestorm Hating?   :)
    Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hatutzeraze

Ugh.  I kinda hated this issue.  I'd give it a 1/5.  I am taking a pass on the rest of this series. 
    Avatar image for supermanofste_el
    supermanofste-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By supermanofste-el
    @daveydavey said:

"Why all the Frestorm Hating?   :) "

Probably because the story is a bunch of bickering between two guys stuck together. Dull guy  Jason wrongly blames party guy Ronnie for murdering his girlfriend, blah blah blah and I'm bored already.
    wolviepool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wolviepool
    @daveydavey:
    Frestorm be frum Dc comik boks thas y we be hatin on frestorm.       ;......(
    Agent23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Agent23

I don't understand why you just don't revel everything and talk about it. I never watch any video until I read the issue first.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.