Follow

Brightest Day

Story arc »

Once dead, 12 heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled deep from within the center of the Earth. Deemed a miracle by many and a sign of the apocalypse by others, the reasons behind their rebirths remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long.

Brightest Day #9 Preview!!! Shows off The New Aqualad!!!!

tyekoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By tyekoon

OOOOHHH!! YESSSSSSSSS!!! PURE EPICNESS!!! Man I'm so hyped for this issue and #10!!! This is what I've been waiting for in the Brightest Day series, The New Aqualad became my favorite superhero character when i saw the cover of him standing over Deadman. Even though he was just introduced I'm a major fan of the Aqua-Family. Then Geoff Johns revealing his father is Black Manta just amped up my anticipation for this character even more. Plus from the looks of these teaser images his mother is most likely Mera!!! Even talking about this character and his origin is like the first season of HEROES. Cliffhangers!!! After Cliffhangers!!! Darn You!!! DC!!!!! FREAKIN FANTASIC!!!! Its like Christmas Eve and I found out I got a DIRT BIKE WITH NITOROUS BUILT IN!!!!

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Citizen 14

are his fingers seriously webbed? -_-

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hamz

So why did they kill off Tempest and replace him with Static's lookalike? 

Can't help but feel this is a poor decision. Tempest not only looked more awesome, he didn't feel like another token Black stereotype to fit into the roster. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Zoom

OH YEEEEEES MORE SPLASH PAGES AND PAGES WITHOUT WORDS!!!!!!1!!! 
    tyekoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tyekoon

@Hamz:

He was actually created by Greg Weisman, Phil Bourassa, Brandon Vietti for the tv show. Until Geoff Johns was brought in to the Young Justice show to help with creative guidance on the show. Then Geoff Johns really liked the character then decided to put him in his Brightest Day series. Plus Phil Bourassa did the original design of the character with blonde short  hair and blue eyes without dreadlocks. Geoff Johns was the one who put dreadlocks on him for reason I cant comprehend, because that's the worst hairstyle to have if your a swimmer. But that goes to show you the character wasn't intended to be a character in the actual DC Universe. For the black character token crap, the team line up will grow through out the shows seasons including all variety of races as he did conferm other diversity characters will be added to the show on his Ask Greg site. Now if you look at the group theres really only two white people out of a tube baby aka Superboy not given birth by anyone he's a clone and has no biological parents who actually made him other two men Lex Lut. Then you've got Miss Martian who is an alien from outer space. So the whole group is diverse, plus we still don't know who Artemis is since the creators didn't reveal a darn thing yet on the character other than "She is a DC character you just have to look for her she's not hard to find". Plus blame comic compamies for creating just white for over 80 years mostly the major characters, with maybe only a handful of minority characters. Probably only a few of the bunch are powerful and likable characters that are added to a group of 10 or 20 white superheroes, so that minority token stuff is total bull crap. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.