Follow

Brian Azzarello

Person » Brian Azzarello is credited in 838 issues.

Brian Azzarello is an American writer who has written mostly for DC Comics/Vertigo, and is most notable for writing 100 Bullets, Batman and Hellblazer. He also worked as an editor at Comico. Azzarello is known primarily as a crime and noir writer.

AfterShock Comics Reveals Details on Brian Azzarello's Upcoming AMERICAN MONSTER

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

You've probably heard the news. There's a new publisher in town. AfterShock Comics launched in April of this year with Editor-in-Chief Mike Marts. They also have some big names developing new titles. One of those is Brian Azzarello. Azzarello is known for his recent long run on WONDER WOMAN but also for his incredible 100 BULLETS series as well as the upcoming DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE with Frank Miller.

Azzarello is ready to unleash a new title, AMERICAN MONSTER, upon us with artist Juan Doe.

No Caption Provided

What is AMERICAN MONSTER about?

AMERICAN MONSTER - War changes people. The person who leaves is never the person who returns. Theo Montclare is such a person. Horribly scarred and disfigured during his tour of duty, Theo returns to the small Northwestern town that was once his home a changed man, transformed emotionally and physically, both in appearance and in perception. But is he a returning hero or a modern day Frankenstein?

You can get your hands on AMERICAN MONSTER in January 2016. What do you think of the premise?

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Sounds like it could be interesting depending on where it goes. I need more info.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I had a similar idea a few days ago for a probable comic book of mine in the future. I would love to see where Azzarello will take this book.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'll check out anything by Azz

Supersmoothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Is this creator owned?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds interesting.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on board with aftershock at launch. The creators have me excited.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Monster was a great anime show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.