Alpha Lantern of the Green Lantern Corps
Space Sector: 1414
Sector Partner: Zale
At three centuries of age, the warrior Boodikka of the planet Bellatrix was originally recruited by the sphere-like Chaselon of Barrio III to join the then-reconstituted Green Lantern Corps. Boodikka was part of a group of warrior women called the Bellatrix Bombers before becoming a Green Lantern.
Boodikka was created by Gerard Jones and Pat Broderick
She was one of the Green Lanterns who the Guardians of the Universe chose to stop Hal Jordan as he rampaged through the galaxy possessed by Parallax. She lost a hand in that battle, and was left for dead floating in space. She was found in stasis alongside the other " Lost Lanterns" on the Manhunter homeworld of Biot. Due to her gruff and uninquisitive nature, Boodikka is now an Alpha Lantern.
Major Story Arc
Eclipso- The Darkness Within
For more information see: Eclipso: The Darkness Within
While training with Aa , Kreon, Tomar Tu and Kilowog, Boodikka is there when Amanita notices somethings wrong. So at the suggestion of John Stewart the Green Lanterns fly to earth. Boodikka was among the group of Green Lanterns that arrived on earth to try and stop Star Sapphire. Boodikka takes great pleasure in hitting a fellow woman, then when Hal Jordon shows up possessed by Eclipso, Boodikka continues to beat on Star. Boodikka is one of the Lanterns holding Star when she and Hal join their powers to knock out the Lanterns long enough to escape.
For more information see: Green Lantern: Mosaic
While still in training, Boodikka and Kreon, get in a fight over who is a better soldier, men or women. Kilowog tries to cool tension between the rookies but to no avail, so he gets help from John Stewart on Mosaic. John probes Boodikka and Kreon's minds and forces them to face their greatest fears and fight them physically. Boodikka is the Chain-men, of her home planet. Soon Boodikka and Kreon, get the idea to switch places and Boodikka fights Kreon's great fear a demon woman from his planet. Boodikka and Kreon come out of the experience as friends and better allies.
Revenge of the Green Lanterns
After Tomar-Tu made his way to Earth, Hal Jordon and Guy Gardner followed his trail to Biot. There they discover the Lost Lanterns are being held captive by Cyborg Superman and The Manhunters . Guy is captured and Hal's only chance is to free the Lost Lanterns. Ke'haan, Laira, Hannu, Chance, Kreon and Graf Toren go right in to fight mode, but Boodikka gives pause because her hand is still missing. When Hal comes to her aide, Boodikka still thinks he is out to destroy the Corps, and alerts the other Lost Lanterns. The Lost Lanterns turn from fighting Cyborg Superman and the Manhunters to attacking Hal. After capturing Hal, Boodikka wants to cut off his hand but Toren stops her. The Lost Lanterns are starting to believe Hal's story about being captured but when the Highmaster appear and kill Kreon, Boodikka is convinced Hal tricked them again.
After Kreon's death, Boodikka gets his ring and unloads its full force at Hal. Luckily Hal avoids the blast and gets away. Boodikka can't follow because her and the Lost Lanterns are being overrun by Manhunters again. Boodikka is able to take out several of them and help free Guy. Guy then gives the orders, from Hal, to grab all the Lanterns they can and retreat from Biot. The group gets away from Biot just in time for the planet to explode.
Back on Oa, Boodikka is with the other Lost Lanterns at the welcome home ceremony.
Revolt of the Alpha-Lanterns
During the Brightest Day cross-over, in the Green Lantern Corps books (story arc "Revolt of the Alpha-Lanterns"), Boodikka was recently being controlled by Cyborg-Superman on the planet Grenda in space sector 3009. As a matter of fact, Cyborg-Superman was in control of all of the Alpha-Lanterns. Green lanterns Hannu, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Soranik Natu, and Ganthet went to investigate Grenda when they were attacked by the Alpha-Lanterns. Boodikka attacked the lanterns and they were forced to destroy the battery held within her chest, it was then she was broken from Cyborg-Superman's control, but she began to die.
Cyborg-Superman tried to transfer his consciousness into Boodikka and control her body. But he was unable to control her mind and she destroyed him. Luckily, John Stewart was able to keep her alive until they returned to Oa. She once again holds the title of Green Lantern (Green Lantern Corps #52).
Reign of Doomsday
During the new Reign of Doomsday arc, while in space surveying the remains of new Krypton Boodikka came across Supergirl and Dick Grayson who was in the Bat-wing loaded with anti-Kryptonian weapons. While Boodikka was explaining to Supergirl that she was sent by the Guardians to survey the remains of New Krypton she was assaulted by Doomsday. Supergirl began to battle Doomsday but when Boodikka tried to help defeat doomsday her power ring started draining extremely fast, it was said this was happening because of a massive injury that was sustained from Doomsday’s initial attack on her, at this point she was out of the battle. Dick Grayson was going to attempt to use the anti-Kryptonian weapons on Doomsday but his Bat-wing was destroyed soon after.
After some reinforcements arrived Dick Grayson, Supergirl and Boodikka were teleported to the watch tower to treat Boodikka’s injuries. Doomsday came crashing through the walls of the watchtower almost immediately after the teleportation was finished. Before Supergirl or Dick Grayson could react Hank Henshaw manifested himself from Boodikka’s cybernetic parts showing that he was not dead as everyone else had believed. A long battle then started between Cyborg Superman and Doomsday, but Boodikka was not shown again, her fate remains to be seen.
Powers and Abilities
Boodika is a member of the Green Lantern Corps. She wiles the power ring of the Green Lantern which allows her to realize a number of effects. She is able to manipulate the powers of the ring through sheer willpower.
The ring allows her to perform the following abilities:
- Animating: A Green Lantern can will things to move how he wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Oa, which taps into an artificial intelligence. It acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The AI contains a large database of information that may be crucial to a Lantern's success. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer (though they have difficulty translating profanity), which is why the Corps can communicate with each other. When the bearer of a Green Lantern ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector. The AI can be used to play a holographic playback sequence complete with colors across the spectrum based on information in memory banks. The ring can dictate when to pause or stop the playback should an interruption arise where the Lanterns undivided attention is needed. The AI can also alert the wielder of incoming threats or of attempts to manipulate the wielders construct by an outside party.
- Burglar Alarm: A Green Lantern can coat anything with the ring's beam and thus, if anyone other than himself touches it, his ring will glow, alerting him to the possible theft.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Green Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds. Kilowog's ring is one such example of blasts making sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The ring can make the wearer or anything else invisible.
- Matter Manipulation: A Green Lantern can use their ring to manipulate nearby matter, such as water, for various purposes such as a construct that acts like an energy construct but can block something yellow and may serve a purpose that an energy construct couldn't perform.
- Mind Control: The wearer of the Ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or control a person.
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The ring allows the user to go through walls.
- Power Absorbing: In the JLA's first fight with Amazo, it was GL who defeated him by drawing out all of Amazo's powers. In Green Lantern/ Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances, Kyle defeated Parallax with SS' power and Thanos with Oa's energy by drawing out all that extra energy from them which made them unconscious. However he couldn't hold all that power nor could his Ring like Hal did with Amazo's powers, so that move isn't often used with so much power.
- Probing: The ring can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Radiation: Besides light based radiation used to create the energy constructs associated with a Green Lantern, the ring can simulate various forms of radiation. One example of this is the ability to simulate the radiation of Green Kryptonite, a form of radiation that is harmful to Superman. However, this ability is no longer valid and has been retconned.
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary. The internal power source of a Manhunter Android is, in effect, the same as a power battery, and can be used to recharge a power ring. During the JLA / Avengers crossover, a Cosmic Cubewas used to recharge a depleted ring, although this is not an ideal solution and is available if there are no other options.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Transforming: The ring can transform anyone or anything, be it into an animal, altering their state of appearance, or their size. Once Hal and Alan turned the two Flashes ( Barry and Jay) to light protons in order to free them from prisons.
- Electro-magnetic scanning: The ring can allow(through the use of x rays) the user to see through walls, without the people on the other side knowing. it can also scan along the Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Wormhole/Warps: The ring can open wormholes to cut down on distance.
- Time travel: The ring allows the wielder the ability to travel through time, though the process requires great willpower.
- Healing: A wielder can command a ring to heal him/her/itself of any injures incurred. It can also heal others.
- Energy twin: The ring can create an energy copy of the wielder which is connected to the ring wielder, any information the twin gathers is transferred to the wielder upon touch while others cannot see this twin apart from fellow Green Lanterns.
- Pocket dimension: Within the ring is a pocket dimension which can altered to the wielders specification. It can be used to contain opponents.
- Sub-routines: The power rings have inner programmings or mechanisms which can executed without the users permission. One such sub-routine is the autoshield. This shield automatically protects a wielder from external harm and has been proven to be capable of protecting the wielder from planetary level attacks.
Boodikka apperas in the episode "The Green Loontern", defending OA from Sinestro. She is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
Green Lantern: First Flight
Boodikka appears in Green Lantern: First Flight voiced by Tricia Helfer. Unlike the comics, she and ally to Cinestro.
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.
She makes a cameo in the movie, voiced by Grey DeLisle.
Justice League Action
Boodikka makes a cameo in Justice League computer in Season 1, Espisode 47 "Watchtower Tours".
A CGI version of the character appears in several scenes in the movie.