Bonebreaker was the leader of the original Reavers team that was then merely a gang of cyborg who carried out robberies across the globe, with their base of operations based in Australia. After the Reavers were defeated by the X-Men, Bonebreaker along with his other teammates narrowly avoided being sent through the Siege Perilous. He then asked for help from Lady Deathstrike and Donald Pierce in reforming the Reavers. They agreed and Pierce then took Bonebreaker's position as leader of the Reavers.
Bonebreaker was created by Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri and first appeared in The Uncanny X-Men Vol.1 issue 229 (1988).
Major Story Arcs
The Reavers have not stopped fighting the X-Men since. Actually, they even almost defeated Wolverine when they had him crucified. The Reavers then attacked the Muir Island X-Men on the aforementioned island. They did not stop even until the point of attacking Emma Frost's factories and other locations. Though some of the Reavers have died during their defeats, they would not stop seeking revenge on the X-Men.
Bonebreaker was also responsible for accidentally giving a higher intelligence to Elsie-Dee (intelligence greater than the supposedly 5-year-old intelligence she was meant to have.) Elsie and Albert then carried out Pierce's plans against Wolverine. Elsie-Dee's increased intelligence wound up causing both her and Albert to resist their programming and they let Wolverine live. Bonebreaker never admitted his mistake to Pierce for fear of what his punishment could be.
The Reavers have since been reformed by Pierce and Shadow King, ordering them to attack the X-Treme X-men. They were defeated again however and were last seen being turned into the police.
Powers & Abilities
Bonebreaker is a cyborg equipped with bionic implants that grant him superhuman strength, stamina, and reflexes greater than the levels of a regular human.
His legs have also been replaced with a motorized chassis that uses tank treads which is equipped with additional weapons, such as anti-aircraft weapons, missile launchers, and machine guns. If necessary, his upper torso can be detached from the tank chassis.
- Bonebreaker appears in the two-part X-Men: The Animated Series episode "Out of the Past" as a member of the Reavers under Lady Deathstrike.
- Bonebreaker appears as a recurring enemy type in Konami's X-Men arcade game, working for Magneto (despite not being a mutant).
- Bonebreaker is featured as a boss enemy in Capcom's The Punisher arcade beat-'em-up.
- Bonebreaker appears in Marvel Heroes as an enemy fought in both the Savage Land and the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters.
- Bonebreaker was featured in ToyBiz's X-Men action figure line as part of the "Evil Mutants" assortment, despite not actually being a mutant.
- Bonebreaker was featured in the HeroClix figure game.
- Bonebreaker was the subject of a Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure wave from Hasbro, with collectors able to assemble the toy after purchasing the other corresponding characters (Wolverine, Vulcan, Siryn, Darwin, Maggott, Sabretooth and Havok) in the assortment.