Fone Bone confronts a host of dangers in Book 4 of the BONE saga, "The Dragonslayer". He and Gran'ma Ben and Thorn have a terrifying encounter with Kingdok, ruler of the rat creatures. The Hooded One is inciting his army to full-scale war. Someone is continuing to haunt Thorn in her dreams. And then wise Gran'ma Ben disappears.
To make matters worse, Phoney Bone has hoodwinked the townspeople into believing that he is a mighty dragonslayer. When he actually does catch the Red Dragon — much to his surprise — he must face up to his promise: to slay the dragon at sunrise.
- Prologue: Stick-Easter
- Chapter One: Business
- Chapter Two: Earth & Sky
- Chapter Three: Council in the Dark
- Chapter Four: The Straggler
- Chapter Five: Deliver Us These Laws
- Chapter Six: The Midsummer's Day Plan
- Chapter Seven: The Tutning
- Chapter Eight: On the Dragon's Stairs