Follow

Blue Marvel

Character » Blue Marvel appears in 220 issues.

When Adam discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country, and became Blue Marvel. He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Adam was pressured by the government to retire, because of how much power he had and for being black. He was forced out of retirement to face his greatest foe and former best friend, Anti-Man.

How Strong is Blue Marvel

• 58 results
    oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By oceanmaster21

blue marvel is just as strong as thor n sentry n black adam n those guy alot of ppl underestimate him dont ever do that

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By evilvegeta74

@PowerHerc said:

He's in Marvel's top tier along with:

Hulk, Sentry, Hercules, Gladiator, Juggernaut, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Gilgamesh, Hyperion, Red Hulk and Silver Surfer.

Best answer period, and New Hyperion!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:"If Thor's not stronger, what's the point of him being immortal? He's just a strong loudmouth with a hammer who gets he's butt whupped."

That's pretty much what happens when I read about him. He wins when he is needed to be the tank of the team, and gets chucked around when proving how strong someone else can be. He is written inconsistently. I admire the creator of B.M. saying that though, his logic is good, but when you have other writers who get to control him as well, what he says is just opinion as well.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mace1111

@thorion88 said:

@blacharrt said:

Here a general question to everyone here. Where do you guys think Blue Marvel falls in the realm of African American superheroes, is he among the strongest on that list?

Honestly I think Milestone/DC Comics Icon is the stronger of the two. Generally speaking since DC's characters operate at a higher level than Marvel's heroes do, and the fact when Icon fought Superman, they stalemated each other. DC will very rarely allow someone to stalemate Supes when he's actually trying to fight, making Icon one of the strongest heroes in DC and comics cause of that. I'm sure Blue Marvel is very powerful as well, but from what I've seen/read on him, he's still got more to prove to me.

Not true.

Anyway icon said superman is stronger then him but what equals icon to superman or slightly surpasses him his is energy projection.

So that makes blue marvel stronger then icon and basically equals superman or exceeds him in strength.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mace1111

I read that creator of blue marvel said that blue marvel is stronger then superman but not as powerful as thor but of course stronger.LATER HE SAID he is on par with thor or has powerful as thor but this has change making him more powerful then then thor it seems as well.

IT SAY IT IN INFO BELOW..

I GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER FORUM.

quote-

Blue Marvel has the potential to be the most powerful hero on Marvel

Earth(imo more powerful than Thor). The only person IMO who would

rival him or be more powerful than him would be the Sentry, that's if

the Sentry stays alive after UA and becomes good again.

quote-

I'm just baffled they haven't...Heck I don't even think the creator

of Blue Marvel himself realizes how potentially powerful Blue Marvel

is based off the creator has said about Blue Marvel. I just hope they

don't make him job a lot.

Powers and Abilities

The Blue Marvel's source of power is the energy released from anti-matter. Anti-matter is is the same as normal matter except that the sub-atomic particles are the opposite charge. Therefore, anti-matter and normal matter cannot coexist without exploding. CERN recently made the first particles of anti-matter, apparently kept in in a magnetically charged vacuum to keep it from coming in contact with normal matter. Nuclear fission releases energy with 1.5% efficiency; anti-matter releases energy with 100% efficiency. One gram of anti-matter contains the same energy as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. One droplet could power New York City for a full day. Adam Brashear is the first human anti-matter generator and reactor. The experiment he gained his powers from renders his form unaffected from anti-matter. During his mini, he went toe to toe with the Sentry, as well as with the rest of the Avengers. He knocked the Sentry into orbit in a blow, knocking him unconscious for several minutes. The Sentry barely pulled off a win against Brashear, who had been fighting the Avengers for quite some time, and nearly passed out himself. He also lifted a disabled battleship weighing 100 000 tons and flew it back to port for repair. He also easily stopped a meteorite the size of Arkansas from striking Earth using his great strength. The Watcher said that Blue Marvel could have "split the moon in two" with one blow. He has also survived a 1 megaton atomic bomb exploding in his hands without suffering any type of damage. He has shown to have energy manipulation powers using his anti-matter. He can release concentrated beams from his hands or an omni-direction blasts throughout his body. He has also been shown to create power shields strong enough to deflect a charging attacks from King Hyperion In a short time, the Blue Marvel has established himself as a premierpowerhouseintheMarvel universe. Prince Namor himself stated that after the Blue Marvel's long hiatus that only the Hulk and Thor have hit him as hard.

So it seems he has become the most powerful superhero in recent times in marvel.

If blue marvel is really top tier all it proves that someone less powerful but powerful enough could defeat someone more powerful,of course it does happen in comics etc...

Another point i do think he above top tier and maybe tier 11 to 10 at most,and at least of course top tier to just above it,but the reason i say above is because he was basically a match for king hyperion and beating him and no way king hyperion was top tier.

That how i see it.

He seems to be around tier 11 or 10 as well, and at least just above top tier but like i said if he defeated galactus in a far fight and we have no choice to assume so then he has to be at least on a weaken or average galactus level or close to it.I say on the same basic level AND THE SENTRY maybe abit lower but higher then top tier i think,hard to say.

He some CHAT about the blue marvel powers in another forum.It's a interesting chat like this thread too.

Thread: Blue Marvel: Mighty Avenger Appreciation

CHECK OUT PAGES 26 TO 29 AT LEAST FIRST.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?457085-Blue-Marvel-Mighty-Avenger-Appreciation/page26

That's all.

BYE.

Shn275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Shn275

@mace11: Actually, Icon based his assessment of Superman's abilities on the Superman films of the time (i.e. SilverAge), which the Superman he fought (modern-age) could not do. Somehow ppl seem to forget this important detail.

And yes, when it comes down to "energy", Icons' is constantly generating within his body, which in turn will never deplete, whereas Superman relies mainly on solar reserves from the Sun. No Sun = limited solar reserves & weakened abilities ultimately leaving him susceptible to defeat. Also, unlike Superman, Icon has no weaknesses.

People want to always downplay Icon, but he's definitely top-tier in the DCU. I just wish they'd use him more.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mace11: Except that Kevin said Thor is stronger than BM and Superman. No reasons to lie here because not every writer agrees with that. Here is that part of the interview:

For the US government to be so aware of the Blue Marvel's power level, how powerful is he? Grevioux: "I will say stronger than Superman, weaker than Thor."

NeoTitanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So lets just be scientific real quick. BM is a human anti matter reactor correct? So Antimatter and matter collisions convert 100% of mass into energy while a fusion reaction in a hydrogen bomb converts roughly 7% to 10%. So if he used the totality of his strength is almost immeasurable - using logic here. With an antimatter bomb, on the striking hand, (So say with his full might he punched Superman) ALL of the mass is converted to energy. Even as the antimatter parts are scattered and fragmented, they continue to react with normal matter, releasing energy until all the antimatter is consumed. Or the Earth is destroyed, whichever comes first. The release of energy in a matter-antimatter explosion is extremely fast (ten to a thousand times shorter than a nuclear explosion), and most of the energy is emitted in the form of very energetic light charged particles. So if BM punched Thor he is punching him with the force more powerful and faster than several nuclear bombs. So are far as strength, is he the strongest? Possibly not right now, but he has the potential to be a god slayer, I believe that Adam holds back - in theory he could destroy the earth with a series of punches - in theory.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.