Follow

Blue Beetle (Reyes)

Character » Blue Beetle (Reyes) appears in 672 issues.

Jaime Reyes was just a regular high school student from El Paso, Texas, until he found the Scarab after Ted Kord lost it. With the Scarab, he has great power and uses that power to protect the innocent as the the third, and current Blue Beetle.

The Return of Ted Kord?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Superguy0009e

Ted Kord....possibly the best of the Blue Beetles. Brave,Smart,Funny...everything you wanted to see in a hero. Problem is after some stupid writing, he got killed of, sure he came back to life and sacrificed himself and had a true hero's death, but we can all agree that we still feel a little p.oed that he is gone...........

No.......
     No.......

Or IS he?!??!!!

Rest in Peace..
     Rest in Peace..

For those who don't know, the new Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes, was recently killed by Max Lord. I think this means something. But lets back up a bit. Ted sacrificed himself after Booster Gold brought him from the past to fix the damage to the time stream. This makes it seem like he is gone for good, but it is later shown that someone entered one of his
    Wuh oh !
    Wuh oh !
    labs late a night, someone who even does the signature BWAH HA HA HA laugh.  Ted was shown reborn as a Black Lantern during Blackest Night, but I think this may be a cover up for something. Maybe Ted isn't dead, maybe something in the time stream got loopy and Ted somehow was able to survive. I don't know how this is possible, but maybe it's something like in a video game and reality "glitched" and made a copy of Ted? So if this is true and Ted is alive, then what is the use of Jaime. No offense to him,he is a great character and I do think that all Ted Kord fans would read the Blue Beetle books if they get the chance.  Now lets get back to where I was before with Jaime's death.....what if Jaime dying is opening up the return of Ted. It would be perfect.....Max Lord is alive and Ted's protege is killed, perfect revenge story, mix it in with all of his old friends, it makes for the perfect return of Ted, him avenging the death of a close friend, and showing his closest buddies that he isn't really dead. With the right writer and artist, I think this return could be perfect, and with someone like Ted, he could be brought back into the Dc Universe with ease, maybe going back to Chicago or something.
     Ted?
     Ted?

I know this is wishful thinking, but with Jaime dead, we need another Beetle, why not bring back the best?
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By Dracade102

Ted Kord's really the only character I've ever really wanted to come back from the dead in the DCU. If the crew down at DC could be kind enough to muster up enough creativity to pull off a good come-back story arc for him, I'd totally read it. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Dracade102: who are the ones you want to remain dead?
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Dracade102
    @Primmaster64: Pretty much everyone else, off the top of my head. Elongated Man & Sue, Mirror Master I, Alexander Luthor, Psycho Pirate, Aqualad, Captain Boomerang II, Prometheus, etc.
    Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Superguy0009e
    @Dracade102: he did come back in booster gold for a few issues...he actually started messing up the timeline, so, like the hero he is, he went back to correct history
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I miss Ted. :(

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Superguy0009e
    @Icarusflies:  i will say though, even though i miss ted...i LOOOOOOVE Jaime....great character
    whatami11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By whatami11

Jaime isn't my cup of tea...TED is my boy and I'm bringing him back...help me do it!!! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/371898706/the-blue-beetle-ted-kord-returns?ref=live use above addy or search ted kord on www.kickstarter.com

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.