Not much is known about the supervillain called Bloodletter because only bits and pieces of his origin have been revealed so far. From his own words, he grew up in Los Angeles, watched and admired the way El Diablo/Chato Santanna ran the streets. As he grew older and discovered his powers he took over the streets of LA, in El Diablo's absence, and ruled with an iron fist! The people feared him and wouldn't dare cross him! After an altercation with El Diablo, he is recruited by Amanda Waller to lead Task Force Y, a more volatile version of the Suicide Squad.
Bloodletter was created by Cliff Richards and Jai Nitz and first appeared in the mini series titled Suicide Squad Most Wanted: El Diablo #1. He was created to be an antagonist to the Chato Santana version of El Diablo.
Powers And Abilities
- Invulnerability: Bloodletter showcases this ability when he fights El Diablo and it is shown that neither fire nor bullets can harm him.
- Super Strength: He is able to showcase his strength through the powerful tentacles on his head. He uses them to toss his opponents around like rag dolls.
- Blades: Bloodletter is also able to use his tentacles to cut through absolutely anything.
- Tracking: Through his military training is able to track down El Diablo, Azucar and Xolotl in the middle of the desert.
- Leadership: Because of his military training he is chosen by Amanda Waller to lead Task Force Y.