Follow

Blob

Character » Blob appears in 1847 issues.

A common enemy of the X-Men and one of the most unusual mutants, who was de-powered during M-Day. His Age of Apocalypse counterpart has since replaced him in his various villainous roles after leaving his home reality.

Why I believe that Blob isn't an underrated villain.

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman
    No Caption Provided

Doing these villain reviews and trying to accomplish my main goal of shedding some spotlight to those villains deemed underrated, mishandled, or looked upon as a villain nobody wouldn't want to waste anytime with when making any introduction within a comic, the Blob from the X-men series is actually one of the selected villains who do hold a career that I personally find interesting to where I actually believe him to be a very important villain within the Marvel Universe.

As I type this blog, I'm also referring to other villains who seem to hold similar status like the Blob, mostly using Blob as an example of an important villain within the Marvel Universe who holds a questionable franchise among the fanbase. Of course there are some positive points I've seen on this site and other websites when trying to explain somebody like the Blob, but mostly I would see a fanbase who could careless about the Blob seeing how he isn't your typical Dr Doom or Magneto related villain, just some B-List villain who has no admirable traits and only holds a career of being an obstacle for the X-men.

Even if Blob is one of the many characters who became a victim to bad writing when losing his mutant powers and that he's only good for being a living wall, there's a different character that I see within the Blob and why I would deem this underrated villain as one of Marvels greatest villains ever created.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I wish we saw alot more of the Blob.. I enjoy him.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle
    @MTHarman: awesome post.....Blob was a bad ass...particularly when written by Claremont. No one ever remembers the Unus relationship...that was great stuff
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#3  Edited By MTHarman

@cattlebattle said:

@MTHarman: awesome post.....Blob was a bad ass...particularly when written by Claremont. No one ever remembers the Unus relationship...that was great stuff

So far it would seem that Blob was actually having a decent career until the horrid 90's came around, quite sad how it got much worse for Blob after that.

Mostly love his first debut where he was actually a single threat against the X-men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @MTHarman said:

@cattlebattle said:

So far it would seem that Blob was actually having a decent career until the horrid 90's came around, quite sad how it got much worse for Blob after that.

Mostly love his first debut where he was actually a single threat against the X-men.

Yes sir...in the 90's he became a chump and kind of a joke...this is how people tend to remember him...

No one remembers when he was able to fight evenly with Colossus, take hits from Hercules, and some other good feats, he was a legitimate threat.....
    mojaveraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mojaveraider

Blob is hot! 8-|

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.