his looks now that he is thin

coolmotif30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By coolmotif30

so he is like skinny now right? i have been looking everywhere to see what he looks like
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

no. He has tons of extra skin.

No Caption Provided
Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Phorqe

This is one of the saddest things in comic book history. They should have just kept him fat and have him die of a heart attack right after M day.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild
@Phorqe said:
" This is one of the saddest things in comic book history. They should have just kept him fat and have him die of a heart attack right after M day. "

YEah ill agree to that, just a sh!tty way to make things happen an show what happen after Mday. Same kinda sh!tty as when they killed Banshee
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pixelized
@Phorqe said:

" This is one of the saddest things in comic book history. They should have just kept him fat and have him die of a heart attack right after M day. "

he was suicidal for a while

No Caption Provided
Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dupe
@pixelized said:
" he was suicidal after a while "
He tried to kill himself with a knife i think, but couldn't cut through the skin.
Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phorqe
@Darkchild:

@pixelized:
 They should give depowered Blob his own series. It would follow him as he tried to get a job.  

Interviewer: "So what are your qualifications?:

Blob: "Well I used to be completely immovable and would be a pain in the ass to the X-men all the time, no I just have a ridiculous amount of skin."

Interviewer: "How do you feel about answering phones?"
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild

LOL

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Phorqe: LOL!  That'd be funny :D 

He did give Sally Floyd an interview, but even then he said he was on the run from the law.  Being skinny didn't change the fact that he'd been a criminal when he was fat...  But then all of that was forgotten when he appeared as a self-help weight-loss-guru in Fraction's Uncanny.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Phorqe:
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelized said:
" no. He has tons of extra skin.

No Caption Provided
"
he doesnt look like this anymore, that was during M-Day. he lost all his excess skin.
he was fighting X-Factor recently, and is a star in Japan last having been seen meeting with Magneto
(im hoping thats to return with him since Sauron, Avalanche and Pyro havent been around much, 
repowered by High Evolutionary)
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here. this is what Blob looks like. natural, the excess skin wore off like it would on
any normal human after say liposuction...

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@CATMANEXE: Obviously you don't watch TLC. When super fat people get lipo they have to have all that skin surgically removed. I was just watching one last night where this 600 lb lady had to be pretty much cut in half and sewed back together after they removed multiple pound of excess skin. They also had to do it with Kate Gosselin and she wasn't even super fat she just had sextuplets. I've seen it on other shows also, such as 'The 600 pound virgin.' 

Gotta love TLC. It's not about learning anymore, it's just a freak show.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
@jloneblackheart: Yeah, the skin is elastic up to a certain point.  after that it splits slightly and you get stretch marks.  Most glamour models have stretch marks from their breast implants.  But when an obese person loses vast amounts of weight, that skin doesn't bounce back (just like with Fat B*st*rd's chin at the end of Austin Powers ;) 

So Poor Blob was left with folds of skin that he had to carry around.  That's how he was when he met Sally Floyd in a dark alley (oo-er!). It would have taken a while to shed the excess fatless skin to look like a normal skinny person.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

especially when you lose all that weight, literally, over night. Tons of surgery would have been needed to get him looking relatively norm.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart said:

" @CATMANEXE: Obviously you don't watch TLC. When super fat people get lipo they have to have all that skin surgically removed. I was just watching one last night where this 600 lb lady had to be pretty much cut in half and sewed back together after they removed multiple pound of excess skin. They also had to do it with Kate Gosselin and she wasn't even super fat she just had sextuplets. I've seen it on other shows also, such as 'The 600 pound virgin.'   Gotta love TLC. It's not about learning anymore, it's just a freak show. "

i love people whos sole research is television. yeah no kidding, thats because they dont really want to site around and wait for the natural process of their skin falling off, regrowing and tightening up, which is what Blob did, and why he was seen going through the process slowly, even later in X-Factor still having much of the excess skin from the first image shown here. do actual research next time before trying to say someone else is an idiot. unless of course your willing to pony up the scan  that says that Dukes has "surgery to remove his excess skin"? or you could perhaps read his bio here, or l;ast entry in the Marvel Handbook, which say otherwise, and is the question the OP is asking. im afraid to be the one to inform you that comic book universes do not in fact apply real world science 100%.lol.  and yes, TLC is a freak show, if you mean its for entertainment purposes, in either that they show
fictional accounts or that its education level is generally middle school. quoting something then saying its rubbish in the same sentance. puh-leeze! its a 45 minute show tops. you do know that they dont show the actual healing process, and that it takes a long time, that healing process is essential to the surgery as well.? touting scientific acumen you learned to from television and trying to moc me? im not impressed.

Blob at the "halfway" point, from M-Day to his final transformation seen in X-Factor 
No Caption Provided

Blob final, alongside Magneto,  better picture for the OP
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@CATMANEXE: Just because I used the word 'Obviously' doesn't mean I was calling you an idiot or find anything you said stupid in anyway. Jokes don't translate well in type, I suppose. I am also aware that comics are not entirely realistic, which is why I like them.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty

Artistic interpretation and inconsistency between one artist & another.  No-one knows what happened to Blob since he lost all the weight & kept all the skin.  It's reasonable for us all to guess different versions of what happened (although skin isn't that elastic), but the truth is it hasn't been revealed yet. 

After all, since Blob is now working with Magneto again, then it is also possible that Blob's new physique is a result of the High Evolutionary's tinkering.  This isn't a black & white subject until all the facts have been revealed.

Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Comicjew

When Blob had the excess skin, his looks went to a whole new level of creepy and grossness...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.