Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 744 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

Blade's vampires

~Clover~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ~Clover~

How come Blade fights vampires all the time and in the rest of marvel universe no one else face them unless he is around?

"Keep your eyes open, they're everywhere"

Where are they right now? How come I haven't seen a random vampire attacking Black Kat on a random Friday night just because the vampire was hungry?

But when Blade is around- Oh lord have mercy, they are all over the place and all kinds!

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

This is not true. Captain America has fought a vampire, and Blade never showed up. there have been other instances. just that in a majority of them Blade shows up. Just because its in Marvel universe does not mean everything is connected. The majority of Blade's interactions outside of his normal vampire dealings are with mystic characters, street level heroes or villains and shield.

I mean look at the X-men universe even though they are a big part of the marvel universe look at how little Mutants are brought up in the majority of other books.

Look at Marvel Space characters and their interactions with Marvel Earth. This is just how it goes down.

But that being said you do make a good point. I didn't mean to get off subject I just started blabbing, force of habit. I think marvel's cop out or excuse is that Vampires like to live in secret and keep their identities and activities hidden from humankind so most people are unaware of them. Just like in the blade movies all of their actions are kept fairly quite, except for a couple of instances. Vampires are only so strong and have a lot of weaknesses, so unless its Dracula I doubt any vamp wants to fight with a hero beyond a street leveler. 
    Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Trackz

well Dracula is about to take over England....

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gunswordfist
    ~Clover~ said:
    "How come Blade fights vampires all the time and in the rest of marvel universe no one else face them unless he is around? "Keep your eyes open, they're everywhere" Where are they right now? How come I haven't seen a random vampire attacking Black Kat on a random Friday night just because the vampire was hungry? But when Blade is around- Oh lord have mercy, they are all over the place and all kinds!"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is the funniest shyet I've read all day.
    BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BlackPanther

.lol. I think I can answer this fairly confidently... There are many powerful vampires and they do the best they can to keep themselves as hidden as possible from their prey (humans). Also strong vampires have the ability to shape shift and hypnotise humans, so even if a human or superhuman came into contact with a vampire they most likely wouldn't notice. Blade can always locate vampires because he has the rare ability to sense supernatural creatures, so he can tell what type of creature they are and he can even tell if a human has come into contact with a supernatural creature or if the human is possessed by a demon. Also its not that many vampires are not strong enough to take on superheroes, Its simply that its not in their interest to draw attention to themselves. There are many powerful demons and supernatural creatures in the marvel universe that are hardly ever noticed or seen.

A funny thing is that the Punisher has only come into contact with Blade once and when he did he thought Blade was crazy and making up the existence of Vampires. He also shot Blade in the back and thought that Blade was lying when Blade denied he was wearing any kevlar and said he was a hybrid vampire.

I personally think vampires are awesome because of their variability. I personally think the best vampires are the ones that are less human and more demonic.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.