Follow

Blackfire

Character » Blackfire appears in 191 issues.

Blackfire is the older evil sister of Starfire and Darkfire.

The versions of Blackfire, which do you like best?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

I was curious, which version of Blackfire do you guys like best?  The original comic book version or the cartoon version?

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nj06

I like the comic book version much, much more. In the comics we see just how ruthless and sinister she is, while in the cartoon she came off as far too campy for me. I didn't take her seriously as a threat and while she was powerful, she just didn't seem like a credible villain to me.

Komandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Komandr

The old outfit in the comics. But only after they had better rendering of her. I am not very fond of the really old drawings.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Hazlenaut

Comic Book Version: she was misfit from Jem with power. She had a dark past but it was barely used. She noted for starfire beind imprison, tortured and having her raped

Teen Titans Go!: She was Mayzee from Horton Lays an Egg with superiority complex. She has many things she was great at games and dark poetry and likes fashion. This could make her a Mary Sue but it would be something to know that she had a life.

Tiny Titans: I have not kept up to date but she was little bit like angelica with gentle side for her pet named Poo. This is a parody series but it would be something if they took a note from this.

I like Teen Titans Go! but I think she still needs work.

grey_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By grey_one

New 52, she has yet to make an in story apperance but from what star has mentioned of her own life as well as her sister (RHaTO), she sounds like a much more interesting character:

-She's already queen of Tamaran when the citadel come (meaning her parents are most likely dead) so she has less reason to be a selfish b*tch who wants the throne.

-She sent Starfire away as to satisfy the citadel (Who from issue 4, one shows they feel sorrow for these actions as well, but feel it must be done.) and it doesn't seem like she was her sister's master..

-Issue 13's cover shows that the sisters meet again on rather negative terms for star, this might have something to due with her space pirate career or the fact by leaving the citadel, she doomed Tamaran. All of that last part meaning Blackfire is in the legal AND MORAL right, something you'd never think you hear about these sisters.

In the original comic stories, she just came off as one of those "it was only because you were born that way" screaming harpies. Who might not have taken that path if simply she wasn't born with the handicap that she was born with.

The TV series version just came off a just a mean a party girl. which while there's nothing wrong with being a party girl, being a mean one is just a joy kill; especially when you're alienating your own sister in the process of being that.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

The one from the Animated Series, easily

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.