Follow

Blackfire

Character » Blackfire appears in 191 issues.

Blackfire is the older evil sister of Starfire and Darkfire.

Blackfire: Good or Bad?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So...Apparently Blackfire is good rather than evil in the new 52....WHY?! What's the point of her then? Blackfire is Starfire's archnemesis, her own personal big bad, why would ya take that away from her? Especially in the reboot in which most of the foes she shared with the other Titans are no longer in her rogues gallery because the titans as we know them didn't exist. I mean, there had to be alot of storytelling potential with Blackfire as a recurring enemy for Starfire as before, especially if she had command over an alien army that could pose a threat to earth's heroes as a whole as opposed to just Starfire & those two knuckleheads she hangs out with these days, like they have to warn everyone of the trouble coming their way & band together to save the day.

The events that led to them becoming rivals didn't necessarily have to play out exactly as before, like maybe Kory and Kom were actually close when they were young but things changed when Kory was chosen as heir over Kom, or maybe Blackfire took more after her toon counterpart as an out of control evil diva, BUT, Blackfire's role as Starfire's most personal enemy should not have changed. That's like if Loki and Thor never became enemies & were always best buds rather than Loki going bad & the two of them forming one of the biggest sibling rivalries in comics >_<

How do you guys feel about the change? Do ya miss Blackfire as Starfire's big bad as I do? Or do ya not care? How would you like Blackfire to be portrayed in future stories? What would you have liked to have seen done differently with the character?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I thought it was handled well, she wasn't explicitly made into a villain but she did sell her sister into slavery so it sets up the potential for future villainy. I don't know if you've watched Thor 2 but that scene were Loki begs Thor to take the throne reminded me of this. It also reminded me of Hal and Sinestro in Emerald Dawn 2, tenuous friendship leading into rivalry and then antagonism. That is just me, though.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

I would prefer if they finally ended being a villain. What of the alien invaders that Blackfire use to ally with? why they do not use them instead of her as Starfire’s nemesis. Why not make her like Marvel's Songbird. Of course DC would never do that. Any villain that redeems their self is likely to be killed in the next event or relapse. It is easier and I am guessing you want to stay with the status que.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bump more than likely they turn her into a villain so i don't mind makes it all the better.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nj06

I want Blackfire as a villain. I think she is much more interesting as one and think it helps add to DC's cosmic villainy as well. There are so few female villains and even fewer cosmic female villains. I think that she has just as much potential as Sinestro, Mongul, and Despero and would love to see her portrayed as a cosmic threat to the entire DC universe.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nj06: Agreed. Blackfire is a great villain & should remain as one...I really have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to turn her good in the New 52 despite giving her such an evil new look, she could have been the Queen of the Citadel & an intergalactic tyrant on par with the cosmic villains you listed already. Her potential has been totally squandered >_<

I mean, she's Starfire's one true archnemesis (the rest are hostile alien races or enemies of the Titans as a whole rather than personally her own), how do you screw up the one major antagonist a hero possesses? Guess we can only hope DC will realize their mistake someday & fix this mess they've made.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro2828: Yes! I want DC to return her to the way she was as a ruthless and downright evil cosmic villain who wasn't afraid to blast away anything that stood in her way.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I loved how cut-throat she was and really want her to be like that again. Maybe DC will show her change and have her descend into her evil ways over time rather than have her making her evil from the get-go.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Transformers1024

Evil

sean-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer her as she is now. The villain version was just petty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.