Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3717 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

Where are all the Black Widow fans?

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

This follows on from my thread asking for thoughts on the current Waid run, which has got only one response from someone who doesn't read it.....BW has been a very popular character in the MCU. Both my daughters love the character thanks to the films.... but as evidenced from the fact that the BW character forum is absolutely dead and has been for months, it seems she is low on fans. I wondered why this is? Do young males believe it to be "uncool" to read comic books with a female lead? Hasn't stopped Wonder Woman being popular, or Storm, who is hugely popular on CV. I'd be interested on thoughts....why is the profile of Natasha so low on CV? Is it poor marketing of the character by Marvel Comics? I actually think the current comic is one of the best kept secrets in Marvel comics right now and the independent reviews are high...so anyway....I wonder if any of the BW fans on CV can shed light on this.....don't be shy!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0a98eca9fdf
    deactivated-5e0a98eca9fdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this is a little late but it's not because it's "uncool" to read female comic books but rather that the writers always rely on her past and her love interest rather than actually making her move forward. They either have matt or bucky make a cameo without any meaning. She did have some character development but after Bucky came back they made her a love interest again and nothing else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.