Follow

Black Widow

Character » Black Widow appears in 3722 issues.

A former KGB agent, Natasha Alianovna Romanova, better known as Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, was trained by the top-secret Soviet brainwashing and training program, the Red Room, to become the ultimate "Super-Spy". She defected from the Soviet Union to the US to join S.H.I.E.L.D. Subsequently, Black Widow proceeded to become a member of the Avengers and has been on the team on numerous occasions. She's a woman with an enigmatic past which very few are acquainted with.

How fast and strong is she?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

I went to her wiki page and it stated she is as strong as a female can be. I want exact numbers though like how much can she lift and how fast can she run.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Video_Martian

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

She's a physical match for Captain America. A Russian Super-Soldier.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

She is so fast she can flip a light switch in any room, no matter how large, before you even have time to say "A cuckoo cookie cook called Cooper could cook cuckoo cookies" 

She is so strong not only can she pop tops off pickle jars, but she can bend them in half without them breaking. 

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moywar700

ahahahaha SC

thanks for the answers y'all

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moywar700

@Vance Astro: but her comic vine page says "Natasha has taken a different version of the Super-Soldier Serum. This gave her physical abilities much like Captain America, though not as great as his. She possesses peak-level physiology, making her as strong, agile, fast, and durable as a female human can possibly be without being classified as superhuman." The serum she took didn't make her as strong as him but she is still very powerful. Is she really as strong as captain america???

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @moywar700 said:

@Vance Astro: but her comic vine page says "Natasha has taken a different version of the Super-Soldier Serum. This gave her physical abilities much like Captain America, though not as great as his. She possesses peak-level physiology, making her as strong, agile, fast, and durable as a female human can possibly be without being classified as superhuman." The serum she took didn't make her as strong as him but she is still very powerful. Is she really as strong as captain america???

To be honest I probably shouldn't have used Cap as a measuring stick as I don't really understand whether Marvel has always meant for him to be peak human or if he is superhuman. Some sources seem to have it confused as to what level he's actually on. It was always my understanding though that he was peak human and thus Black Widow being peak human also makes her a physical match for him. I'm sure she's not able to duplicate his feats exactly but their is probably a slim margin between their physical levels.
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moywar700

k thanks

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By RainEffect

She received her own Russian variant of the Super Soldier serum. Therefore it amplified her physical characteristics. She isn't immensely physically strong per se (I'm talking pure weight-lifting strength), but she definitely has refined muscular structure that allows her to move very agile. After all, she was trained not to go into direct confrontations, but strike from the shadows.

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightwing737

She can lift 500 pounds.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By moywar700

I think she's strong enough to throw furniture with ease.She probably can't throw a car up in the air.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think she is probably strong enough to throw a horse at Captain America while he is in the shower. The horse would probably die though, unless the shower is one of those big walk in ones.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Not stronger than Frank Castle apparently.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a 1-2 tonner

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.