Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Why the black panther?

• 149 results
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Static Shock
    @Vance Astro: Exactly.
    SDSMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By SDSMP
    @texasdeathmatch said:
    " That's actually a great question. "
    No it is not.
    He is called Black Panther because of the fact that there is an animal he calls himself after called the Black Panther. DUH.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:

" @Enigman: That entire army in the picture is his. It's not just the guys with spears. When was superior tech used ineffectively, though? Not only that, maybe to T'Challa just likes the best of both worlds (using primitive weapons along state of the art weapons, judging by the scan). "

Yes I realize that that is his army. My point is that from a strategic standpoint arming any of his soldiers, let alone himself, with spears instead of firearms or energy weapons is a military blunder that the Black Panther would not make. No matter how Proficient someone is with a spear a fully automatic weapon or energy weapon is a better weapon in every conceivable way that is why you don't see modern armies using spears instead of firearms.

@Vance Astro said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @Enigman: That entire army in the picture is his. It's not just the guys with spears. When was superior tech used ineffectively, though? Not only that, maybe to T'Challa just likes the best of both worlds (using primitive weapons along state of the art weapons, judging by the scan). "
    Also spears are a part of African heritage.I'm sure that they are more symbolic than anything.Wakandan's are effective with them. "
    I am aware of the spears heritage and symbolism. T'challa would be intelligent enough to use them during ceremonies and non-combat situations. Arming a soldier with a spear rather than the best firearm or energy weapon would make his army weaker and not stronger and he would not do that.

No matter how Proficient someone is with a spear a fully automatic weapon or energy weapon is a better weapon in every conceivable way that is why you don't see modern armies using spears instead of firearms. 
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @The Mango said:
    " There are no white european king superhereos because there aren't any european kings with real power anymore. "
    Geo-Force "
    Count Vertigo is semi a hero with Suicide Squad and all
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    "Yes I realize that that is his army. My point is that from a strategic standpoint arming any of his soldiers, let alone himself, with spears instead of firearms or energy weapons is a military blunder that the Black Panther would not make.
    Against the tribe of people he was going to go to war with at the time (the White Gorilla cult, who possessed nothing but spears and shields), it's not a blunder at all.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    "Yes I realize that that is his army. My point is that from a strategic standpoint arming any of his soldiers, let alone himself, with spears instead of firearms or energy weapons is a military blunder that the Black Panther would not make.
    Against the tribe of people he was going to go to war with at the time (the White Gorilla cult, who possessed nothing but spears and shields), it's not a blunder at all. "
    To not arm your soldiers with the best, most advanced weapons, regardless of the adversary and their weaponry, is a military blunder of the highest order. That would be like the US arming themselves with AK 47s and rpgs and IEDs and going against the taliban. That would be like the british throwing away their firearms and fighting the zulu nation with shields and spears.

To relinquish any technological advantage in a military conflict is a blunder and one that The Black Panther would not make.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    " To not arm your soldiers with the best, most advanced weapons, regardless of the adversary and their weaponry, is a military blunder of the highest order.
    As if there aren't military personnel there with firearms, Prowlers (the giant robotic cats), tanks, choppers, battle cruisers, and fighter jets in the same picture with the Black Panther.

@Enigman said:
    " To relinquish any technological advantage in a military conflict is a blunder and one that The Black Panther would not make. "
    I'm not sure how it's a blunder when the enemy he's facing there only has shields and spears, while T'Challa has the Wakandan army with modern weapons and the Wakandan tribal warriors with primitive weapons. In this situation, within the book that scan was taken from, he clearly outmatched the White Gorilla cult with the best of both worlds.

It was a military action that T'Challa can and has made at least twice. To say he won't make it is pointless, because you're looking at the scan right now. Even against the Skrulls he fought at the end of Hudlin's Black Panther, the option to use conventional weapons and firearms was there (even though everything else was disabled with superior tech). But, being the warriors that they are, T'Challa and Wakanda decided to go to war with primitive melee weapons, anyway (shields, spears, swords). A blunder, you say? Explain, considering the fact that T'Challa had a plan of action that caught the Skrulls off-guard, allowing the Wakandans to slaughter the entire fleet with nothing but primitive weapons. Your whole point on it being a blunder doesn't make any sense to me.

You still haven't explained how their superior tech is used ineffectively.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " To not arm your soldiers with the best, most advanced weapons, regardless of the adversary and their weaponry, is a military blunder of the highest order.
    As if there aren't military personnel there with firearms, Prowlers (the giant robotic cats), tanks, choppers, battle cruisers, and fighter jets in the same picture with the Black Panther.

@Enigman said:
    " To relinquish any technological advantage in a military conflict is a blunder and one that The Black Panther would not make. "
    I'm not sure how it's a blunder when the enemy he's facing there only has shields and spears, while T'Challa has the Wakandan army with modern weapons and the Wakandan tribal warriors with primitive weapons. In this situation, within the book that scan was taken from, he clearly outmatched the White Gorilla cult with the best of both worlds.  It was a military action that T'Challa can and has made at least twice. To say he won't make it is pointless, because you're looking at the scan right now. Even against the Skrulls he fought at the end of Hudlin's Black Panther, the option to use conventional weapons and firearms was there (even though everything else was disabled with superior tech). But, being the warriors that they are, T'Challa and Wakanda decided to go to war with primitive melee weapons, anyway (shields, spears, swords). A blunder, you say? Explain, considering the fact that T'Challa had a plan of action that caught the Skrulls off-guard, allowing the Wakandans to slaughter the entire fleet with nothing but primitive weapons. Your whole point on it being a blunder doesn't make any sense to me.  You still haven't explained how their superior tech is used ineffectively. "
    I never stated that his tech was ineffecticve. I stated that arming his soldiers with spears was. It may be beyond your intellect to see how arming warriors with spears is a blunder.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    "  It is obvious that there are fighters armed with firearms and mechs as well as other vehicles. But there are also people armed with cumbersome, less effective, spears. No Intelligent military leader such as T'challa would equip his men with spears in any conflict regardless of the enemies weaponry. "
    Are you thinking clearly? He's already done that. Twice, and the second he did it, he won with a plan of action (noting that he didn't equip his army with primitive weapons for nothing against the Skrulls). Stop saying he wouldn't do it....... when he's done it already

You still haven't answered my question.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    " I never stated that his tech was ineffecticve. I stated that arming his soldiers with spears was.
    Don't lie.

@Enigman said:
    " I have always known that Wakanda has superior technology. But when it is shown it is usually utilized in some ineffective way. 
    @Enigman said:
    "It may be beyond your intellect to see how arming warriors with spears is a blunder. "
    Why does it matter, when T'Challa is intelligent enough to lead his army to victory using primitive weapons? It's not beyond my intellect, at all. You're just beating a dead horse.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    "  It is obvious that there are fighters armed with firearms and mechs as well as other vehicles. But there are also people armed with cumbersome, less effective, spears. No Intelligent military leader such as T'challa would equip his men with spears in any conflict regardless of the enemies weaponry. "
    Are you thinking clearly? He's already done that. Twice, and the second he did it, he won with a plan of action (noting that he didn't equip his army with primitive weapons for nothing against the Skrulls). Stop saying he wouldn't do it....... when he's done it already.   You still haven't answered my question. "
    Of course the inference is that any Sane and Intelligent and experienced military leader would not equip his soldiers with spears under any circumstances and especially against a race of shape-shifting aliens. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would have ordered his troops to use firearms.

I answered your question on my subsequent post.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " I never stated that his tech was ineffecticve. I stated that arming his soldiers with spears was.
    Don't lie.

@Enigman said:
    " I have always known that Wakanda has superior technology. But when it is shown it is usually utilized in some ineffective way. 
    @Enigman said:
    "It may be beyond your intellect to see how arming warriors with spears is a blunder. "
    Why does it matter, when T'Challa is intelligent enough to lead his army to victory using primitive weapons? It's not beyond my intellect, at all. You're just beating a dead horse. "
    This is what I mean about it possible being above your ability to comprehend. An astute military leader like T'challa would know that he would sustain less casualties using firearms instead of spears against alien shape=shifters or humans for that matter. You seem incapable of comprehending this.

If one of your men were surrounded by 20 unarmed alien shapeshifters or 20 men armed with spears and shields and you could give them either a spear and shield or a selective fire automatic rifle with extra clips and you chose the spear and shield you would be a fool and not worthy to lead.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    " Of course the inference is that any Sane and Intelligent and experienced military leader would not equip his soldiers with spears under any circumstances and especially against a race of shape-shifting aliens.
    The fact remains that the Wakandans still won the battle, and T'Challa was intelligent enough to lead his people to VICTORY with primitive weapons. Forget your inference. If it were such a blunder, they would have lost.

@Enigman said:
    I answered your question on my subsequent post. "
    You're lying again. You claimed that the Wakandans used their superior tech ineffectively. I asked you how, and you ignored it. When I raised the issue again, you claimed that you never said such thing.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:

"This is what I mean about it possible being above your ability to comprehend. An astute military leader like T'challa would know that he would sustain less casualties using firearms instead of spears against alien shape=shifters or humans for that matter. You seem incapable of comprehending this.

You seem to ignore the fact that he won (regardless), and that there weren't very many casualties. Go back and the read the book. There wasn't any shapeshifting occurring there, anyway. Stop talking about what T'Challa would know. He took a risk, and won, anyway. 

EDIT: After re-reading the book, it was revealed that firearms were useless. Arming the warriors with primitive weapons was the only option they had.

@Enigman

said:

"If one of your men were surrounded by 20 unarmed alien shapeshifters or 20 men armed with spears and shields and you could give them either a spear and shield or a selective fire automatic rifle with extra clips and you chose the spear and shield you would be a fool and not worthy to lead. "

We aren't talking about me, because I obviously don't know a thing about military strategy. T'Challa does, and in the end, he prevailed with primitive weapons. And, you still haven't answered my question
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " Of course the inference is that any Sane and Intelligent and experienced military leader would not equip his soldiers with spears under any circumstances and especially against a race of shape-shifting aliens.
    The fact remains that the Wakandans still won the battle, and T'Challa was intelligent enough to lead his people to VICTORY with primitive weapons. Forget your inference. If it were such a blunder, they would have lost.

@Enigman said:
    I answered your question on my subsequent post. "
    You're lying again. You claimed that the Wakandans used their superior tech ineffectively. I asked you how, and you ignored it. When I raised the issue again, you claimed that you never said such thing. "
    They may have won the battle but they would have had less casualties if they had used firearms. An Intelligent leader would have made his men uses the beast firearms and not spears. It is poor writing and it is a military blunder to choose spears over firearms under any circumstances. Blunders don't always cost you the victory, but they typically cost you more lives than was necessary.

I never lied in the first place. I misunderstood your question. You are trying to make a misunderstanding or a mistake seem as if it is a lie. For shame. I thought you said I stated that his technology was ineffctive not that the usage was. Yes I stated that it was often used ineffectively. To use it to nullify your enemies weapons only to fight them hand to hand is to squander any military advantage gleaned from nullifying their weapons in the first place?
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    " They may have won the battle but they would have had less casualties if they had used firearms. An Intelligent leader would have made his men uses the beast firearms and not spears. It is poor writing and it is a military blunder to choose spears over firearms under any circumstances. Blunders don't always cost you the victory, but they typically cost you more lives than was necessary.
    If you didn't already see it....

@Static Shock said:
    "EDIT: After re-reading the book, it was revealed that firearms were useless. Arming the warriors with primitive weapons was the only option they had
    Doesn't matter. They won. 

@Enigman said:
    " To use it to nullify your enemies weapons only to fight them hand to hand is to squander any military advantage gleaned from nullifying their weapons in the first place? "
    Wakanda used a long-range weapons disruptor to make all of the Skrulls' firearms in their armory explode. Then, the Skrulls jammed the signal of Wakanda's disruptors, and used the same tactics to make all of Wakanda's firearms explode as well. After that, W'kabi confirmed that firearms were useless. Resorting the primitive weapons was a last resort.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:

"This is what I mean about it possible being above your ability to comprehend. An astute military leader like T'challa would know that he would sustain less casualties using firearms instead of spears against alien shape=shifters or humans for that matter. You seem incapable of comprehending this.

You seem to ignore the fact that he won (regardless), and that there weren't very many casualties. Go back and the read the book. There wasn't any shapeshifting occurring there, anyway. Stop talking about what T'Challa would know. He took a risk, and won, anyway. 

EDIT: After re-reading the book, it was revealed that firearms were useless. Arming the warriors with primitive weapons was the only option they had.

@Enigman

said:

"If one of your men were surrounded by 20 unarmed alien shapeshifters or 20 men armed with spears and shields and you could give them either a spear and shield or a selective fire automatic rifle with extra clips and you chose the spear and shield you would be a fool and not worthy to lead. "

We aren't talking about me, because I obviously don't know a thing about military strategy. T'Challa does, and in the end, he prevailed with primitive weapons. And, you still haven't answered my question "
    Then that battle is not germane to our discussion. We were intially discussing the scan you posted. You were the one bringing up the skrulls.

Taking unnecessary risks is not the mark of a good leader. It is the mark of poor writing.

And yes, it is obvious that you know nothing of military strategy and yet you are acting as if you do. I used that analogy because the topic of spears being less effective than firearms seemed beyond your ability to comprehend.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " They may have won the battle but they would have had less casualties if they had used firearms. An Intelligent leader would have made his men uses the beast firearms and not spears. It is poor writing and it is a military blunder to choose spears over firearms under any circumstances. Blunders don't always cost you the victory, but they typically cost you more lives than was necessary.
    If you didn't already see it....

@Static Shock said:
    "EDIT: After re-reading the book, it was revealed that firearms were useless. Arming the warriors with primitive weapons was the only option they had
    Doesn't matter. They won. 

@Enigman said:
    " To use it to nullify your enemies weapons only to fight them hand to hand is to squander any military advantage gleaned from nullifying their weapons in the first place? "
    Wakanda used a long-range weapons disruptor to make all of the Skrulls' firearms in their armory explode. Then, the Skrulls jammed the signal of Wakanda's disruptors, and used the same tactics to make all of Wakanda's firearms explode as well. After that, W'kabi confirmed that firearms were useless. Resorting the primitive weapons was a last resort. "
    We were initially discussing the battle in your scan. The skrull battle is simply your attempt at smoke and mirrors.
    bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bigalow
    @Vance Astro:
     Catman is a better charecter than T,Challa
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:

"  And yes, it is obvious that you know nothing of military strategy and yet you are acting as if you do.

I wasn't acting as if I knew. I was speaking for T'Challa's ability to lead an army. There's a difference.

@Enigman said:

"I used that analogy because the topic of spears being less effective than firearms seemed beyond your ability to comprehend. "

I never said that spears weren't less effective than firearms, anyway. Even in the scan I posted, T'Challa was still better equipped than the White Gorilla cult. Did it really matter if he had warriors with spears there?

@Enigman said:
    " The skrull battle is simply your attempt at smoke and mirrors. "
    Not intentionally.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Static Shock
    @bigalow said:
    " @Vance Astro:  Catman is a better charecter than T,Challa "
    Yeah, right.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Enigman

@Static Shock

said:

" @Enigman said:

"  And yes, it is obvious that you know nothing of military strategy and yet you are acting as if you do.

I wasn't acting as if I knew. I was speaking for T'Challa's ability to lead an army. There's a difference.

You were arguing for a military leaders stratagem when you yourself admittedly know nothing of military strategy. 

@Static Shock

said: 

@Enigman said: 

I never said that spears weren't less effective than firearms, anyway. Even in the scan I posted, T'Challa was still better equipped than the White Gorilla cult. Did it really matter if he had warriors with spears there?

My point was that Spears were less effective and made a difference in battle and made T'challas warriors less effective. You have consistently defended his choice to carry them even when I showed you that they would indeed make a difference in casualties. You never stated that they were less effective than firearms and are a poor choice militarily either.

Yes as I have already showed you it matters whether his warriors had spears instead of firearms. The casualties will be greater on T'challas side because of those armed with spears even if its a small percentage one casualty because of inferior weapons is too many. And T'challa could defeat many more warriors with his flying cycle equipped with missiles than with a spear thus saving more lives.

@Static Shock said:

@Enigman said:

" The skrull battle is simply your attempt at smoke and mirrors. "

Not intentionally. "

Now who is lying?
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:

" You were arguing for a military leaders stratagem when you yourself admittedly know nothing of military strategy.  

I don't have to be qualified or know anything about the military to argue for another military leader's ability to lead an army. Do I have to be skilled in basketball to argue for Tracy McGrady's ability to play the game?

If T'Challa has shown to be successful in the use of military tactics during particular battles, why and how is my lackluster knowledge of military strategy of any consequence?

@Enigman

said:

" My point was that Spears were less effective and made a difference in battle and made T'challas warriors less effective. You have consistently defended his choice to carry them even when I showed you that they would indeed make a difference in casualties. You never stated that they were less effective than firearms and are a poor choice militarily either.

Yes as I have already showed you it matters whether his warriors had spears instead of firearms. The casualties will be greater on T'challas side because of those armed with spears even if its a small percentage one casualty because of inferior weapons is too many. And T'challa could defeat many more warriors with his flying cycle equipped with missiles than with a spear thus saving more lives.

My point is that even if there are warriors with spears, there's also several military personnel with conventional firearms against another warrior cult that has nothing but spears themselves, and as a result, the Wakandan warriors with spears is insignificant. Even if T'Challa would potentially have casualties (which wouldn't be much), the White Gorilla cult would have so much more, simply because they can't do a thing against soldiers that possess firearms. If anything, those with guns could spray the entire cult, while the Wakandan warriors with spears don't have to do much (thus, minimizing casualties to little or none), not to mention that T'Challa's side clearly outnumbered the White Gorilla cult. 

@Enigman

said:

" Now who is lying? "

Not me, considering the fact that I accidentally took the Skrull situation out of context without re-reading the book first.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:

" You were arguing for a military leaders stratagem when you yourself admittedly know nothing of military strategy.  

I don't have to be qualified or know anything about the military to argue for another military leader's ability to lead an army. Do I have to be skilled in basketball to argue for Tracy McGrady's ability to play the game?

Yes you have to know something about military strategy to assess a leaders ability to lead an army. Just as you have to know something about baseball to assess a basketball players ability to play. Knowing what basketball and a hoop are would not give you any credibility in assessing a players ability if you knew nothing about how the game was played.

@Static Shock said:
     @Enigman said:

" My point was that Spears were less effective and made a difference in battle and made T'challas warriors less effective. You have consistently defended his choice to carry them even when I showed you that they would indeed make a difference in casualties. You never stated that they were less effective than firearms and are a poor choice militarily either.

My point is that even if there are warriors with spears, there's also several military personnel with conventional firearms against another warrior cult that has nothing but spears themselves, and as a result, the Wakandan warriors with spears is insignificant. Even if T'Challa would potentially have casualties (which wouldn't be much), the White Gorilla cult would have so much more, simply because they can't do a thing against soldiers that possess firearms. If anything, those with guns could spray the entire cult, while the Wakandan warriors with spears don't have to do much (thus, minimizing casualties to little or none), not to mention that T'Challa's side clearly outnumbered the White Gorilla cult. 

You never assume or underestimate your enemy nor do you go into any battle without the best of equipment. The cult could have stratagems unforeseen and you don't take unnecessary risks as a leader. The spears are significant in that each warrior armed with one means one less warrior capable of multiple ranged attacks. And the Zulu who were armed with spears killed many british soldiers who were armed with guns. That is not to state that spears are equal to guns it is to refute your statement that the cult couldn't do anything against firarms It doesnt matter if the cult has more casualties. Black Panthers army will have more casualties because of the choice to arm some with spears. One unnecessary death is significant. Again you argue military tactics with no knowledge at all. You don't take chances and make assumptions in war. You arm your warriors with the best weapons and not spears no matter the enemy or what they are armed with.

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:

" Now who is lying? "

Not me, considering the fact that I accidentally took the Skrull situation out of context without re-reading the book first. "

That doesn't matter. Even if you had taken the skrull situation within context it has nothing to do with this battle. Stop lying and rationalizing.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:

"Yes you have to know something about military strategy to assess a leaders ability to lead an army.

Not exactly. If T'Challa has shown to be a great military leader, using the most successful strategies, I don't have to know much to support his ability to lead.

@Enigman

said:

" You never assume or underestimate your enemy nor do you go into any battle without the best of equipment. 

T'Challa had his best equipment there, anyway. So, it's a moot point. The Zulu killed many British soldiers with muskets. The situation is different against assault rifles, and all other automatic weapons. What unforeseen stratagems would the White Gorilla cult have against modern weapons? They don't possess modern technology, at all. They aren't bulletproof or possess armor that stops bullets, either.

@Enigman

said:

That doesn't matter. Even if you had taken the skrull situation within context it has nothing to do with this battle. Stop lying and rationalizing. "

It does matter, because if I had known or re-read the context of the situation beforehand, I wouldn't have used it. I can't stop lying and rationalizing when I'm not, to begin with. Sorry.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:

"Yes you have to know something about military strategy to assess a leaders ability to lead an army.

Not exactly. If T'Challa has shown to be a great military leader, using the most successful strategies, I don't have to know much to support his ability to lead.

You're not just supporting his ability to lead you are arguing the the particulars of his specific stratagems and you admittedly know nothing about military strategies.

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:

" You never assume or underestimate your enemy nor do you go into any battle without the best of equipment. 

T'Challa had his best equipment there, anyway. So, it's a moot point.  

No, it is not a moot point as all of his soldiers weren't outfitted with the best equipment.

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:

That doesn't matter. Even if you had taken the skrull situation within context it has nothing to do with this battle. Stop lying and rationalizing. "

It does matter, because if I had known or re-read the context of the situation beforehand, I wouldn't have used it. I can't stop lying and rationalizing when I'm not, to begin with. Sorry. "

Right. Even after you knew the context you still were using it as an argument to prove your point. But you can stop lying and rationalizing when you are actually doing it to begin with. And I realize that you are but I am trying to overlook that.
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By Chaos Burn

technically, a Black Panther isn't an animal, it is a name for mellanistic large cats - leopards, jaguars, cougars etc
    so a black cougar and a black leopard will still be panthers....

but yh it's pretty racially dodgey

Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Enigman
    @Chaos Burn said:

" technically, a Black Panther isn't an animal, it is a name for mellanistic large cats - leopards, jaguars, cougars etc so a black cougar and a black leopard will still be panthers....  but yh it's pretty racially dodgey "

Melanistic. And Cougars are Puma not Panthera.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    "You're not just supporting his ability to lead you are arguing the the particulars of his specific stratagems and you admittedly know nothing about military strategies."
    Good for me. Like I said, I don't have to know about military strategy to support T'Challa.

@Enigman said:
    " No, it is not a moot point as all of his soldiers weren't outfitted with the best equipment.
    While the White Gorilla cult had equipment inferior to the Wakandans, nonetheless. 

@Enigman said:
    " Right. Even after you knew the context you still were using it as an argument to prove your point. But you can stop lying and rationalizing when you are actually doing it to begin with. And I realize that you are but I am trying to overlook that. "
    After I had re-read the book, and noted the context of what happened, I was no longer using it to support my argument. I noted it to clear up the confusion and error on my part. So, technically, I'm not lying and rationalizing. But, please do me a favor and try your best to overlook it, if you can.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    "You're not just supporting his ability to lead you are arguing the the particulars of his specific stratagems and you admittedly know nothing about military strategies."
    Good for me. Like I said, I don't have to know about military strategy to support T'Challa.

If by good you mean totally lacking credibility then, yes, "good for you". You are not simply supporting him. You are arguing the efficacy of military stratagem while being admittedly completely ignorant on the matter.  

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:
    " No, it is not a moot point as all of his soldiers weren't outfitted with the best equipment.
    While the White Gorilla cult had equipment inferior to the Wakandans, nonetheless. 

That was never the source of contention. My contention was that spears make his army less effective and no Successful military leader would arm his soldiers with them regardless of the enemy except when the writing is poor. Does the standing army where your parents are from equip some of their soldiers with spears and shield only in actual combat?  

@Static Shock said:  
    @Enigman said:
    " Right. Even after you knew the context you still were using it as an argument to prove your point. But you can stop lying and rationalizing when you are actually doing it to begin with. And I realize that you are but I am trying to overlook that. "
    After I had re-read the book, and noted the context of what happened, I was no longer using it to support my argument. I noted it to clear up the confusion and error on my part. So, technically, I'm not lying and rationalizing. But, please do me a favor and try your best to overlook it, if you can. "

Yes you were. You only ceased after i made the smoke and mirrors analogy. I figured what I was overlooking might go over your head. You stated that you were sorry.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    "That was never the source of contention. My contention was that spears make his army less effective and no Successful military leader would arm his soldiers with them regardless of the enemy except when the writing is poor. Does the standing army where your parents are from equip some of their soldiers with spears and shield only in actual combat?  
    My contention that is that having a bunch of warriors there with spears is insignificant while there's actually a military there with conventional weapons and loads of other firepower that the White Gorilla cult cannot deal with. My parents are from Nigeria, and I don't know anything about their military. Answering your question would be difficult, for that reason. 

Either way, my view on the matter regarding T'Challa and his army in that scan will not change. If you think it's poor writing, you're welcome to believe it as such.

@Enigman said:
    " Yes you were. You only ceased after i made the smoke and mirrors analogy. I figured what I was overlooking might go over your head. You stated that you were sorry. "
    No, I wasn't. I stated it to clear up the mistake I made in using it (which is why I went back to a previous post with an EDIT statement after re-reading the book, and I further explained it when it seemed as if you thought Wakanda just disabled the Skrulls' weapons just to fight them with melee weapons [and I had mistakenly said that the Wakandans had the opportunity to use firearms in an older post, when they really didn't have them available; again, a mistake on my part]). Your smoke and mirrors analogy wasn't of any consequence to me, especially when I never intended it to be that way. I actually was sorry that you thought I was lying to you, when I wasn't.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:

" @Enigman said:

"That was never the source of contention. My contention was that spears make his army less effective and no Successful military leader would arm his soldiers with them regardless of the enemy except when the writing is poor. Does the standing army where your parents are from equip some of their soldiers with spears and shield only in actual combat?  

My contention that is that having a bunch of warriors there with spears is insignificant while there's actually a military there with conventional weapons and loads of other firepower that the White Gorilla cult cannot deal with. My parents are from Nigeria, and I don't know anything about their military. Answering your question would be difficult, for that reason. 

Either way, my view on the matter regarding T'Challa and his army in that scan will not change. If you think it's poor writing, you're welcome to believe it as such.

Again you critique military stratagem while being admittedly completely ingnorant of field. A google search followed by a few seconds of reading is all it would have taken or some standard common sense
    Neither being very difficult,  to realize that Nigerias standing army is conventionally equipped and doesn't not equip its soldiers with spears and shields for actual combat.

Some people are simply stubborn or too insecure to admit their faults or errors. I am certain it isn't the first time for you nor will it be the last.

@Static Shock said:

@Enigman said:

" Yes you were. You only ceased after i made the smoke and mirrors analogy. I figured what I was overlooking might go over your head. You stated that you were sorry. "
    No, I wasn't. I stated it to clear up the mistake I made in using it (which is why I went back to a previous post with an EDIT statement after re-reading the book, and I further explained it when it seemed as if you thought Wakanda just disabled the Skrulls' weapons just to fight them with melee weapons [and I had mistakenly said that the Wakandans had the opportunity to use firearms in an older post, when they really didn't have them available; again, a mistake on my part]). Your smoke and mirrors analogy wasn't of any consequence to me, especially when I never intended it to be that way. I actually was sorry that you thought I was lying to you, when I wasn't. "

A long paragraph of rationalizing and attempting to cover up your lie. Typical.  I know what you meant by "sorry". I am not the one who is not understanding things. I simply choose to take your "sorry" as a self assessment on your part. Do try to keep up.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    "Again you critique military stratagem while being admittedly completely ingnorant of field. A google search followed by a few seconds of reading is all it would have taken or some standard common sense
    Neither being very difficult,  to realize that Nigerias standing army is conventionally equipped and doesn't not equip its soldiers with spears and shields for actual combat.
    I'm not critiquing anything. I'm calling it like I see it, based on what is shown on panel. If you want to keep rubbing it in my face that I don't know anything about military strategy, that's fine. I wasn't in the mood to search google, for I was busy doing something else other than talking to you.

@Enigman said:
    " Some people are simply stubborn or too insecure to admit their faults or errors. I am certain it isn't the first time for you nor will it be the last. 

Judging me based on this one discussion I'm having with you (assuming that I'm always this difficult, because I'm not knowledgeable as far as military strategy goes) is ignorance in itself. You really don't know me that well. You're entitled to your opinion, though.

@Enigman said:
    " A long paragraph of rationalizing and attempting to cover up your lie. Typical.
    There isn't a lie to cover up, because I was never lying to begin with. I guess admitting that I made a mistake using the Skrull situation wasn't enough for you. 

@Enigman said:
    " I am not the one who is not understanding things. I simply choose to take your "sorry" as a self assessment on your part. Do try to keep up. "
    There's really no need for insults, either.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:

" @Enigman said:

"Again you critique military stratagem while being admittedly completely ingnorant of field. A google search followed by a few seconds of reading is all it would have taken or some standard common sense

I'm not critiquing anything. I'm calling it like I see it, based on what is shown on panel. If you want to keep rubbing it in my face that I don't know anything about military strategy, that's fine. I wasn't in the mood to search google, for I was busy doing something else other than talking to you.

Critiquing it, calling it like you see it, it is still much more than supporting T'Challa as military leader. I am not throwing your ignorance of military strategy in your face I am pointing out your lack of credibility. You stated that i was in error when I contended that arming some of his soldiers with spears and shields only was a military blunder. I say that your admitted complete ignorance of military strategy alone should preclude you from any arguments concerning it.

You stated that it would be difficult to know about Nigerias standing armor not that you weren't in the mood. And, again, there's always common sense.

@Static Shock

said:

@Enigman said:

" Some people are simply stubborn or too insecure to admit their faults or errors. I am certain it isn't the first time for you nor will it be the last. 

Judging me based on this one discussion I'm having with you (assuming that I'm always this difficult, because I'm not knowledgeable as far as military strategy goes) is ignorance in itself. You really don't know me that well. You're entitled to your opinion, though.

I have observed other threads you participated in and have engaged in conversations with you before.It is an assessment not a judgment. It is experience and knowledge that I base this assessment on not ignorance. Unlike yourself I don't argue about things that I am not knowledgeable of. It is more theory than opinion.

@Static Shock

said:

@Enigman said:

" A long paragraph of rationalizing and attempting to cover up your lie. Typical.

There isn't a lie to cover up, because I was never lying to begin with. I guess admitting that I made a mistake using the Skrull situation wasn't enough for you. 

Anything short of the complete truth is never enough.

@Static Shock

said:

@Enigman said:

" I am not the one who is not understanding things. I simply choose to take your "sorry" as a self assessment on your part. Do try to keep up. "

There's really no need for insults, either. "

I prefer to think of it as a reinterpretation of a comment. A double entendre if you will.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:

You stated that it would be difficult to know about Nigerias standing armor not that you weren't in the mood. And, again, there's always common sense. 

I didn't say it would be difficult to know. I said it would be difficult to answer your question. I didn't know the answer to it, initially, and I wasn't in the mood to look it up. But, maybe I wasn't using my common sense, either way.

@Enigman said:

" I have observed other threads you participated in and have engaged in conversations with you before.It is an assessment not a judgment. It is experience and knowledge that I base this assessment on not ingorance. Unlike yourself I don't argue about things that I am not knowledgeable of. It is more theory than opinion.

This is the only discussion I've had with you, ever since you've arrived on the scene. If it is an assessment, I would appreciate it if you label other threads where I'm displaying this very same attitude.

@Enigman said:

" Anything short of the complete truth is never enough.

What I said was the complete truth. But, whatever. You can believe what you want.

@Enigman said:

" I prefer to think of it as a reinterpretation of a comment. A double entendre if you will. "

I see.
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @Enigman said:
    " @Chaos Burn said:

" technically, a Black Panther isn't an animal, it is a name for mellanistic large cats - leopards, jaguars, cougars etc so a black cougar and a black leopard will still be panthers....  but yh it's pretty racially dodgey "

Melanistic. And Cougars are Puma not Panthera. "
    wow, sorry for adding an extra 'L' to the word, was worried no one would be able to decipher what I wrote
    and I never said cougars were Panthera, just stating that a black cougar may be called a black panther, cougars have many names and people often (wrongly) call them panthers
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:

" @Enigman said:

I didn't say it would be difficult to know. I said it would be difficult to answer your question. I didn't know the answer to it, initially, and I wasn't in the mood to look it up. But, maybe I wasn't using my common sense, either way.

Difficult to know, difficult to answer. You use this tactic of playing on words often. You feign ignorance when it suits your argument. "My parents are from Nigeria, and I don't know anything about their military. Answering your question would be difficult, for that reason." Difficult to answer because you don't know. Smoke and mirrors. There is no maybe about it. Common sense did not come into play in either instance.   

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:

" I have observed other threads you participated in and have engaged in conversations with you before.It is an assessment not a judgment. It is experience and knowledge that I base this assessment on not ingorance. Unlike yourself I don't argue about things that I am not knowledgeable of. It is more theory than opinion.

This is the only discussion I've had with you, ever since you've arrived on the scene. If it is an assessment, I would appreciate it if you label other threads where I'm displaying this very same attitude.

No. This is not the only conversation that you've had with me. Are you again feigning ignorance on how this could be possible or is it not a feint at all? I do not have to label the other threads as I am sure you are aware that you have done so before. But I am reasonably sure you will state that you are not aware of said threads.

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:

" Anything short of the complete truth is never enough.

What I said was the complete truth. But, whatever. You can believe what you want.

Yes. I am aware of my right to believe what I chose.And that is what I truly believe You have to live with yourself. 

@Static Shock said:
    @Enigman said:

" I prefer to think of it as a reinterpretation of a comment. A double entendre if you will. "

I see. "

Said the blind man.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Enigman
    @Chaos Burn said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " @Chaos Burn said:

wow, sorry for adding an extra 'L' to the word, was worried no one would be able to decipher what I wrote and I never said cougars were Panthera, just stating that a black cougar may be called a black panther, cougars have many names and people often (wrongly) call them panthers "
    No need to be sorry. I simply made a couple of corrections. You stated that a black Cougar would be a black Panther, not be called one. Really looks like you thought at the time that a Cougar was a Panther. Also there are no melanistic Cougars.

You were simply in error about a few things is all. It happens to us all from time to time.
    bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bigalow
    @Static Shock:
     Good that you agree with me,If black panther where such a great charecter his title wouldn't always be getting canceled,if black panther is to be succesful as a solo series it needs to be someone other than T'Challa, because the reader cannot relate to the whole african tribal thing,he needs to be a regular guy like catman or daredevil,punisher ect. catman has a better identity but black panther has a better costume and name.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    No. This is not the only conversation that you've had with me. Are you again feigning ignorance on how this could be possible or is it not a feint at all? I do not have to label the other threads as I am sure you are aware that you have done so before. But I am reasonably sure you will state that you are not aware of said threads.
    I'm really not feigning ignorance here. You seem to be new a user, and unless this is your first account, I don't remember having a discussion with you on this account of yours. That's why I'm asking. Do I know you under another account that you might have?

Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    I'm really not feigning ignorance here. You seem to be new a user, and unless this is your first account, I don't remember having a discussion with you on this account of yours. That's why I'm asking. Do I know you under another account that you might have?

"
    If you truly cannot figure out the answer to your queries without my help then I really don't know what to say that won't be insulting.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Static Shock
    @bigalow said:

" @Static Shock:  Good that you agree with me,If black panther where such a great charecter his title wouldn't always be getting canceled,if black panther is to be succesful as a solo series it needs to be someone other than T'Challa, because the reader cannot relate to the whole african tribal thing,he needs to be a regular guy like catman or daredevil,punisher ect. catman has a better identity but black panther has a better costume and name. "

I was never agreeing with you from the start. Never mind the fact that Black Panther has had several volumes canceled, because that's better than having no volumes, at all. Black Panther fans probably can't relate to his African heritage, but I'm pretty sure they can understand it. The fact that he's African, with a unique culture, is the beauty of his character. Besides, Catman has never had his own book (just a bunch of recurring appearances, most of them being in Secret Six) , while Black Panther has had several books titled after himself, was a recurring Avengers member, and has had several other appearances as well. Characters can be great in their own right, and they don't need to keep an ongoing with over 700 issues to show that.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman said:
    "If you truly cannot figure out the answer to your queries without my help then I really don't know what to say that won't be insulting. "
    I'll take that as a yes. What's your other account? I'm curious. LOL.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman said:
    "If you truly cannot figure out the answer to your queries without my help then I really don't know what to say that won't be insulting. "
    I'll take that as a yes. What's your other account? I'm curious. LOL. "
    Take it any way you choose. I imagine there is much that you are curious about.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Static Shock
    @Enigman: Aight.
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Enigman
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Enigman: Aight. "
    Yup.
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @Enigman said:
    " @Chaos Burn said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " @Chaos Burn said:

wow, sorry for adding an extra 'L' to the word, was worried no one would be able to decipher what I wrote and I never said cougars were Panthera, just stating that a black cougar may be called a black panther, cougars have many names and people often (wrongly) call them panthers "
    No need to be sorry. I simply made a couple of corrections. You stated that a black Cougar would be a black Panther, not be called one. Really looks like you thought at the time that a Cougar was a Panther. Also there are no melanistic Cougars. You were simply in error about a few things is all. It happens to us all from time to time. "
    Well I didn't think a cougar was a panther, since a panther isn't an animal, it is a name for a melanistic leopard or jaguar (which was my first point), and I said this despite cougars being called panthers by othe people (i.e. the Florida Panther), I also did not know there had not been any cases of black cougars, which suprises me because melanism is common in cats, 
    There we go, debate over, you mistook what I was saying, I was wrong about something too, win win, now there's one less petty argument you're in, hope we can be friends
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Enigman
    @Chaos Burn said:

" @Enigman said:

" @Chaos Burn said:
    " @Enigman said:
    " @Chaos Burn said:

No need to be sorry. I simply made a couple of corrections. You stated that a black Cougar would be a black Panther, not be called one. Really looks like you thought at the time that a Cougar was a Panther. Also there are no melanistic Cougars. You were simply in error about a few things is all. It happens to us all from time to time. "
    Well I didn't think a cougar was a panther, since a panther isn't an animal, it is a name for a melanistic leopard or jaguar (which was my first point), and I said this despite cougars being called panthers by othe people (i.e. the Florida Panther), I also did not know there had not been any cases of black cougars, which suprises me because melanism is common in cats,  There we go, debate over, you mistook what I was saying, I was wrong about something too, win win, now there's one less petty argument you're in, hope we can be friends "
    No. Panther is short for Panthera and it doesnt have to be melanistic.

This is what you typed:

@Chaos Burn said:

I just prefer that someone admit their errors rather than rationalize them or be disingenuous. I don't think I misunderstood. It is relatively easy to understand what you meant. You were simply wrong. But There's no way to make you admit that so it is essentially a circular conversation.

What is petty is relative. You may feel it is petty because I pointed out your mistakes. I believe that it is important that statements are actually factual.
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @Enigman: I disagree
    Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Enigman
    @Chaos Burn said:
    " @Enigman: I disagree "
    This does not surprise me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.