Vibranium Suit

• 79 results
#51 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hottness said:
Andferne said: Static Shock said: Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry ... [more]

would pay good money to see this fight
#52 Posted by Dreadmaster (16257 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hottness said:
Andferne said: Static Shock said: Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry ... [more]

Exact mirrors of each other
#53 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with how the suit works and have no real problems with it except for two points.
1) The whole walking on water thing was over the top and I could do without.
2) His Vibranium suit being able to shift form into normal cloths, suits, etc.

#54 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
dreadmaster said:
The Hottness said: Andferne said: Static Shock said: Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from ... [more]

How do you mean?
#55 Posted by Dreadmaster (16257 posts) - - Show Bio
geometry said:
dreadmaster said: The Hottness said: Andferne said: Static Shock said: Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and ... [more]

They are like Marvel and DC counterparts because of the way they dress
#56 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it.
Both are basically at peak human physically.
Both are excellent fighters.
Both have amazing suits that they wear.
Both are extremely smart.
Both are insanely rich.

#57 Posted by Umbraa (920 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.No one in the marvel U should have ANYTHING ... [more]

This is stupid.  Vibrianum comes from WAKANDA. You know the country that his family has ruled for a LOOOONG time, the one he is currently the king.
#58 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
Think about it. Both are basically at peak human physically.Both are excellent fighters.Both have amazing suits that they wear.Both are ... [more]
Black Panther is superhuman. At low levels.

#59 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought just his sense were superhuman? and his physical stats were near peak. Strength, Agility, Endurance, Stamina etc.

#60 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
I thought just his sense were superhuman? and his physical stats were near peak. Strength, Agility, Endurance, Stamina etc. [more]
His physical stats are peak according to the Handbook, which happens to be misleading, because he's consistently done some superhuman things. The Heart-Shaped Herb in comics said that it gave T'Challa 'supranormal' abilities. The word itself is a synonym of superhuman. Often, those said abilities are said to be enhanced in other books, which is also interpreted as superhuman. Regarding T'Challa's strength, he's done things that peak-human don't do. Just like Cap. He's a low-level superhuman too...
#61 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright cool. That's what I thought you meant, just wanted to make sure. Bats is the same way when it comes to the stunts he has pulled and I can't stand he is classed physically with Cap and Bp by some. Only thing in my mind that he should be anywhere near them on is his agility (and that has more to do with his acrobatics, much like Daredevil) than it does physical power. Strength, Endurance, Stamina they should all outclass him/Bats. IMO

#62 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
Alright cool. That's what I thought you meant, just wanted to make sure. Bats is the same way when it ... [more]
They should, but his not that much far behind them. The Handbook is good for some characters, but misleading for others. Wolverine is a perfect example, who has done superhuman things consistently for the past 30 years. However, in Handbooks, it says that he has the physical stats of a normal man. Everyone knows that Wolverine is far from normal. Someone who's been following Wolverine in comics for years would only argue that he's superhuman and nothing less than that.

#63 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see his strength being close to peak human, and then his durability and stamina to be near superhuman. But as for his agility I would stick to normal, or athletic. Forget how the classify things. I know some will flame me for it, but I don't think his agility is anything to write home about and is drastically over-rated. To be honest the only reason why I think he is able to dodge some of the things he has done (and on rare occasions as he usually just takes the hit) is because of his superhuman sense. Not his agility, and he has never been shown as a talented acrobatic. My thoughts are that it is his acute sense of smell, sight, hearing that lets him know an attack is coming and because of this he is able to react and move accordingly.

#64 Posted by BlackPanther (551 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
I'm fine with how the suit works and have no real problems with it except for two points.1) The whole ... [more]
Ok
1) How does his walking on water seem over the top? I mean we're talking about comic book material used for his boots to give him the ability to walk on water, so why do think you have to say what is in the realm of possibilities. Last time I checked Marvel characters can fly, so what makes walking on liquid any less capable. It may not be solid, but its more solid than air.
2) What part of the most technologically advanced nation on earth don't you understand? If Tony can make his battle ready suits, shouldn't it be capable of others to do the same. The cloaking ability and adaptability is more realistic than many of the inventions seen in Marvel. It looks like your approaching this with the idea of what technology we have in real life.

I don't want to sound patronising but it seems like your dismissing things on the account of them being unbelievable. But Isn't that the whole point of superheroes?... being able to do what your normal hero can't do.

I must be missing something.
#65 Edited by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

1) For starters it is inconsistent, a random feat that was just thrown in there. How many times have we seen him walk on water? What was the purpose to it? It was pointless imo, something that could of been without. Even the make up from the Vibranium does not suggest that he is capable of walk on water without some of assistance.

2) Maybe I did not make myself too clear on this part. If it is some other sort of technology that is letting him shift his cloths from one thing to another that is one thing. But for the Vibranium suit to be doing it of it's own accord, that I have a problem with. But I don't see anywhere saying his suit was laced with nano bites or anything like that, smokes and mirros, or whatever.

The cloaking device I don't have a problem with at all and really like. There are a number of ways even scientifically that it could be done with reflecting the light off of the suit, and other things that 'we' are not capable of doing in the real world. Same thing with the padding on the feet to let him fall from 8 stories with little effort or strain to his knees and joints. Those are all things that I can see FIT in with the suit.

But having it let him walk on water...I just don't like that part and the same goes with it shifting and changing in apperances.  

#66 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther's agility is on par with some of the top acrobats of the Marvel U (without superhuman agility). He doesnt take shots simply because he wears the suit. He's not Wolverine or Deadpool. He attempts to dodge every shot thrown his way. I'll get some agility scans up in here and I'd put em against the likes of DD and Cap.

#67 Edited by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
Black Panther's agility is on par with some of the top acrobats of the Marvel U (without superhuman agility). He ... [more]
My post about agility was for Wolverine and me saying to Static that I think his stats as normal or athletic are fine as is. We got side tracked, or I did from the thread, lol.

BP I agree is in that gray area of peak human and low superhuman.
#68 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
Gambler said: Black Panther's agility is on par with some of the top acrobats of the Marvel U (without superhuman ... [more]
Oh my bad Ad. Guess I should have read the entire discussion.
#69 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
1) For starters it is inconsistent, a random feat that was just thrown in there. How many times have we ... [more]
The vibranium soles are what give him the ability to walk on water. It's not like he can do so without the soles, because it would be inconsistent if that was the case. He's clearly doing something that only needed to be done once. Why would he walk on water without a need to do so? It's not within his physical capabilities, it relies on tech.

As a matter of fact, he's done it another time in the same arc in his fight with Iron Fist. They started out in the water, and T'Challa leaped from under water to run his way to the nearest port.

Also, regarding the cloak, the tech that allows him to cloak the suit is in the suit itself and operates by thought. The suit doesn't work on it's own. There's a possibility that there are magical properties within the suit as well, since Wakanda use magic in conjunction with tech.
#70 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
Andferne said: 1) For starters it is inconsistent, a random feat that was just thrown in there. How many times ... [more]
I like the thought of magic in the weaponry.  It would make sense, with T'challa being a priest and all.
#71 Posted by lukecharles777 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading this old thread confirms what I have thought for a while. Despite all the praise that Priest gets I see that a lot of people just have a problem with Tchalla. They dont like him being portrayed as smart and tough. The guy who said having vibranium is an insult to Cap and America wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16sKK-1oLQ

#72 Posted by Oscars94 (3188 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by mrkareemruiz (477 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Renny (3353 posts) - - Show Bio

All I care about is the fact that he's getting the vibranium suit back in his upcoming run. And that he will have the added power of redirecting the energy it absorbs. It's a nice twist

#75 Posted by OneWithReason (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of his new run.. how do you guys like it??

#76 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

@onewithreason: Haven't been following it, cause it's a real departure from the character and mythos

#77 Posted by OneWithReason (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace:

Are you saying it doesn't stick to what made the character what he was. That it's a new spin on Tchalla?

#78 Edited by OneWithReason (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace:

If that's what you're saying then I would Agree. Coates puts a much different spin on Black Panther and Wakanda, Frankly I don't like it. His perception Tchalla is much different from my own and what I love about BP. Coates shows Tchalla as man wanting to be something else in heart but endures the duty of his birth right. He shows him as someone who doesn't want to be King, who would rather hang and adventure with the Avengers than rule at home and Lead his country. That's the vibe I pick up.. and I don't like that. Coates has made BP do somethings he in the past was depicted to never consider doing. Coate has his thoughts on it.. I have mine and I think he's not writing the BP I know and Love. He's writing a BP that has been beaten in mind and spirit and whom is struggling in the pursuit of rebuilding himself and his home.

#79 Posted by Erick_Williams (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened tobthe scans

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.