Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3338 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Vibranium Suit

• 79 results
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andferne

So today as I was going through some old battle threads I noticed that someone mentioned BP has different suits that he wears. I was wondering if someone can explain to me what they all are and what their differences in them are.

Also it states that his vibranium suit absorbs kinetic energy and vibration, but to what extent. What are the main examples that have pushed his suit to it's max, or things that he has taken with little effect.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Andferne

Was there anything special that the Red Skull was going to get the damage through the suit though? I know the fight with Iron Fist also showed the suit getting messed up but he also had the aid of the IF.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Dreadmaster
    Gambler said:

HAHAHAHA
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I know machine gun bullets have had no effect. I don't really know about different suits, just the main one he wore during the Priest run. It also had the vibranium soled boots so he could run up walls, walk on water, cling to the bottom of airplanes in flight with his anti-metal claws and along with his energy blades he separated Hydro-man into oxygen and hydrogen. It also had chemical gates that prevented him from being affected by toxins and gases. Plus the suit had an adjustable length cape and could turn into a business suit instantly. Though that hasn't got much to do with the vibranium in his suits.

I know his older suits weren't composed of Vibranium so some are purely ceremonial.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    dreadmaster said:
    Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. HAHAHAHA [more]
    hahaha

Andferne said:
    Was there anything special that the Red Skull was going to get the damage through the suit though? I know ... [more]
    Nope. Straight punches and kicks (I love throwing this around lol)

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

He walked on water?...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He's black jesus

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

Yeah they went a little overboard with the vibranium soled boots thing....though they also had an active phase resonator or something in there....whatever that means.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10  Edited By The_Martian

His suit is just laced with Vibranium, right? So it helps him absorb blows from superhuman opponents that would easily knock out a person with his strength level. I believe the suit can still be torn, burned, etc.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne
    Gambler said:
    dreadmaster said: Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. HAHAHAHA [more] hahaha Andferne said: Was ... [more]
    Maybe the suit he had in that fight was just the cloth one?
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Gambler said:
    Die in a fire. :p

Hudlin gave him another suit where more armor comes up out of his suit (or can be attached by hand) which is I think just more vibranium so he can take more of the same kind of damage (probably can't be cut though since it's not fabric).

Andferne said:
    Gambler said: dreadmaster said: Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. HAHAHAHA [more] hahaha Andferne ... [more]
    No, it was the one made of bad writing. (The same one he wore when he had Surfer in a choke hold.)
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Static Shock

Aight. Let's begin.

Before Black Panther volume 3, his suit didn't have the vibranium woven into it. It was just a regular spandex suit that symbolized the Black Panther tribe of Wakanda. Then, when his volume 3 run dropped in 1998, Christopher Priest added the vibranium property to his suit, making it a part of his standard equipment. The suit absorbs a very large amount of kinetic force/momentum, sound waves (a defense against Klaw), and electromagnetic and light-based wavelength beams (according to Tony Stark, who admitted that repulsor blasts wouldn't work on the suit and BP's own energy daggers don't work on the suit either). The suit has survived a car explosion once and has survived a cosmic blast from Stardust (there's a possibility that she made the blast non-lethal, though). If knives and swords are stabbed into the suit, they will break. However, if they slash against the suit's grain, the suit will tear at the area it is slashed. Bullets are sapped of their momentum when they approach the suit, bouncing off. The amount of punishment the suit can take varies. For instance, you would think punches and kicks would have no effect on the suit, but Black Panther has taken physical punishment from them before. The suit would only dampen the force from physical attacks, but not completely cancel them out. For instance, he's taken blows from superhumans like Namor, Hulk, Iron Man (wearing a weaker armor, but still had a considerable amount of strength), Man-Ape, and Iron Fist's Chi punches. With these attacks from the following, he's been knocked back by them even with suit on, but it probably wouldn't hurt as much as it would without the suit. At the same time, Cap, Kraven, Killmonger, Dr. Doom, and Red Skull were able to hurt Panther also. On top of that, Black Panther felt a bit of pain after being hit in the jaw by a Skrull with the strength of Luke Cage. However, it didn't bother him that much because of the suit. Regarding the issue of Iron Fist's Chi punches, his attacks were able to tear the suit. It's written that physical force doesn't tear the suit, but some could argue that the force that Iron Fist generated against the suit may have overloaded the amount of force that the vibranium weave could take and pushed it past it's limit. Some would argue that the suit wasn't supposed to tear at all, despite the force generated by Iron Fist's attacks. That instance is all speculation, basically. Though, I think the former is more likely to be true than the latter, since that version of Iron Fist was powered-up at the time. Other instances were when Red Skull was able to tear at the suit with physical attacks, but Red Skull doesn't possess the strength to overload vibranium, so tearing it doesn't really make sense there. Also, the 19-hour fight with Killmonger is another example similar to the first.

As for different suits, there's a vibranium light armor that T'Challa can make come out of the suit with a thought for added protection. He used it against Cap in the Civil War and Dr. Doom also. There is also a vibranium holy armor that he wears as well, but that doesn't come out of the suit like the light armor does.

Other than that, on other websites similar to the Vine (KMC Forums), people agreed that the vibranium microweave suit wasn't standard because in fights, his suit tears. I don't think that make sense because the suit was made standard when volume 3 started. Recently, Dr. Doom was able to blast T'Challa into a coma while he was wearing his suit. Some would think that the suit should have absorbed the blast, but we don't know what kind of energy the blast was composed of. Could have been magical, knowing Doom, and magic isn't bound by science. But, I think this is it for now.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne
    Buckshot said:
    Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. Die in a fire. :pHudlin gave him another ... [more]
    That's actually interesting. Kind of like gearing up for war. Extra arm padding, leggings, chest piece etc that would be too bulky perhaps to wear on any continual basis because it would restrict his movement?

What is the Blessed armor?
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andferne
    Static Shock said:
    Aight. Let's begin.Before Black Panther volume 3, his suit didn't have the vibranium woven into it. It was just a ... [more]
    Sweet post. Thanks that helped a lot.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
    Andferne said:
    He walked on water?...
    I don't remember seeing that in comics. It was on a wiki, though. LOL.

Andferne said:
    Gambler said: dreadmaster said: Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. HAHAHAHA [more] hahaha Andferne ... [more]
    I doubt it was the cloth one.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock
    Andferne said:
    Buckshot said: Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. Die in a fire. :pHudlin gave ... [more]
    The Holy Armor I talked about. It's the one that doesn't come out of the suit.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andferne
    Static Shock said:
    Andferne said: Buckshot said: Gambler said: The Red Skull fight shows his suit gettin f'd up. Die in a fire. ... [more]
    So it's just the more heavily fortified version.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Exactly. He likes to wear it in conjunction with the Ebony Blade.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Forget which issue but he walked on water up to someone's boat. Think Tony Stark might have been on it so that could be during Enemy of the State.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
    Buckshot said:
    Forget which issue but he walked on water up to someone's boat. Think Tony Stark might have been on it ... [more]
    I'll look into it. Been a while since I've read that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock

Also, Andy. The suit doesn't project Black Panther from grapples and submissions. For instance, Tony Stark was able to choke him. And, when T'Challa fought against the Hunter, the White Wolf (Leader of the Hatute Zeraze, the Wakandan Secret Police that wore the white vibranium suits), he put Hunter to sleep by applying nerve pinches to his body, and the suit couldn't protect him from that.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

I was just about to ask about the nerves and grappling. Joints etc. lol

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Static Shock said:
    Buckshot said: Forget which issue but he walked on water up to someone's boat. Think Tony Stark might have been ... [more]
    Issue 29. He was seeing Namor on a boat.

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock

Thanks.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Andferne

I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry but that is a little, ok a ways out there. Was there even a point for him to be floating/walking on water and not just come out in a boat himself, or a plane, glider, something.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Black Panther is a pimp. That was clearly the point.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Buckshot said:
    Static Shock said: Buckshot said: Forget which issue but he walked on water up to someone's boat. Think Tony Stark ... [more]
    He looks good bald. 

I like thinking that he didn't get dropped off on that part of the ocean, but that he walked all the way there (not ran, walked).
    Killshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Killshot

Stopped a car with his feet
    Stopped a car with his feet

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock
    Andferne said:
    I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry but that is a little, ok a ... [more]
    Also, the suit can be cloaked to pass off as normal clothes. Like the clothes you see T'Challa wearing in that scan of him standing on water. With a thought, he could make the suit disappear and reappear.
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Hottness

No Caption Provided
    Panther is a G! thats way i had to step up and grab the mantle. His Vibranium suit is off the chain
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By speedlgt

I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.

No one in the marvel U should have ANYTHING made of vibrianum but Captain Americas Shield.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone else should ONLY have adamantium based weapons

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By castleking

they use it but then deny anyone one on the vine can tear through it and hurt him even though its bn shown in scans that ppl can.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The Hottness
    speedlgt said:
    I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.No one in the marvel U should have ANYTHING ... [more]

and Black Panther....Vibranium comes from his nation only, so he has to have weapons and suits made with it
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    The Hottness said:
    speedlgt said: I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.No one in the marvel U should ... [more]
    Co-Signed. Plus Cap's shield is a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium. BP's suit is straight V son.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By speedlgt
    The Hottness said:
    speedlgt said: I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.No one in the marvel U should ... [more]

No I dont like that... see Captain america is the most importnat hero in Marvel U and has the most legendary weapon in that U thus it degrades his shield him and America if that metal can be mass produced and bought. I mean in that case some punk kid in wakanda can get a Vibranium sword or knife and be a awsome hero or villan.

and putting the Vibranium in the suit is really cheating.....at least cap has to wield the shield correctly to gain advantage from its properities and fabric suit laced with vibranium is cheap you may as well have had a god give him a clause that nothing can ever harm him EVER or hell just make him a god in that case. People complain about overpowering heros all the time but no one has a problem with a VIBRANIUM SUIT!!!!!!!!! its a "magic" suit that can never be hurt!!
    And if it can be hurt then some one needs to go back to ALL THE BATTLES this guy has won cause a viner said "HAHAHA Vibranium suit nothing gets past it HA HA HA"

I mean i would be fine if he had like a few pieces of armor like gauntlets or something but not the whole dam suit.
    geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By geometry

Stop crying. The King of Wakanda is the sh!t, now take a BIG wiff.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By speedlgt
    geometry said:
    Stop crying. The King of Wakanda is the sh!t, now take a BIG wiff.

your right he is crap....
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

How does it degrade America? Vibranium comes from Wakanda, not the good o'l U.S.A. (And Antarctica). You do know that Cap returned his original shield to BP cause the Vibranium within it had been taken from Wakanda without permission right?

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The Hottness

Panther is no where near unbeatable...he just got worked by Doom and his robots like threes ago, and is hanging on by a thread for his life. Vibranium helps his defense, thats all. So if you got a world class fighter with great defenses, of course he's going to work "A LOT" of people. Look up some of his books when you have the time, you'll see he's not over-powered or anything. Cap is a legend (steve), but even he got worked the first time he tried to go into Wakanda. something the battlefield gives a character the upper hand.

No Caption Provided

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By geometry
    speedlgt said:
    geometry said: Stop crying. The King of Wakanda is the sh!t, now take a BIG wiff. your right he is ... [more]
    Its sad how delusional you are.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its all good, no reason for this to turn into a thing. We're all just expressing our opinions. But I would like to show this to Speedlgt. Check out Cap's speech.

No Caption Provided

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By geometry
    Gambler said:
    Its all good, no reason for this to turn into a thing. We're all just expressing our opinions. But I ... [more]

Take that Speedlgt
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock
    castleking said:
    they use it but then deny anyone one on the vine can tear through it and hurt him even though ... [more]
    Of course the suit can tear. But, using instances of it tearing in battle with Red Skull and Killmonger is a bad example (something that you like to do very often). They can't tear the suit with blunt force, and they aren't strong enough to overload the absorption properties of vibranium anyway.

No one really denies anything. But, it's OK to assume what you want.

speedlgt said:
    The Hottness said: speedlgt said: I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.No one in the ... [more]

Don't be like that. The suit can be torn, but not easily torn. There are ways around the suit. Why don't you ask about them?
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andferne
    Static Shock said:
    Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry but that is a little, ... [more]
    BP walks up to Batman and laughs "Who's the M@#$# Fing Batman now!"  lol
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Martian
    speedlgt said:
    I HATE how viners have used this stupid suit in battle debates.No one in the marvel U should have ANYTHING ... [more]
    There are several characters that have used Vibrianum, I know right now Warpath has two vibranium knives he got as a gift from Storm I think.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
    The_Martian said:
    Wasn't Ultron and his robots made of Vibranium also?

Andferne said:
    Static Shock said: Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry but that ... [more]
    LOL

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Martian

I think Ultron was Adamantium only. I could be wrong though.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
    The_Martian said:
    I think Ultron was Adamantium only. I could be wrong though.
    He was adamantium at one point. I heard that he was Vibranium in the  Annihilation saga, when Adam Warlock returned. He was punching through them like it was nothing.
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Hottness
    Andferne said:
    Static Shock said: Andferne said: I just can't stop shaking my head and laughing from that. I'm sorry but that ... [more]

BP: i'm the Batman!
    BP: i'm the Batman!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.