Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

T'Challa's Next Love Interest

• 107 results
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Mega_spidey01

storm is with wolverine now. bp and storm never again.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By PassionFlower

@Vance Astro said:

It's either Storm or nobody. I don't want to see him with anyone else. BP & STORM is what should have happened with them relationship wise. Hickman is the perfect writer to do them some justice together.

I really loved them together I thought they were perfect for each other and while I'll never say never doesn't seem Marvel is going that way. I agree Hickman would be perfect. Not to bash Hudlin but he was not good and I'll leave it at that. I wonder what would have been if a good writer had that series. The only thing I'm asking for now is that Marvel would have the good graces to give them amicable closure: "I'm sorry, I made mistakes". "I'm sorry I'll always be there for you"...that type of thing. I read somewhere Aaron said T'Challa will be dropping in WATXM on occasion. I feel like no, just leave T'Challa alone. Let Hickman handle his personal life. And I would prefer to see them both move on simultaneously...but at least be on friendly terms.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BlackWind

@Night Thrasher: I think Monet has too much attitude for T'Challa.

@Mega_spidey01: Not to say anything against Jen, but T'Challa ain't dating someone half the Avengers have shagged.

Though seriously, whoever it may be, I am not sure T'Challa can do an interracial relationship.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Night Thrasher

@BlackWind: @PassionFlower: Would Goldie Hawn have worked as Claire Huxtable on The Cosby Show? Ororo:T'Challa as Claire:Cliff

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PassionFlower

@Night Thrasher said:

@BlackWind: @PassionFlower: Would Goldie Hawn have worked as Claire Huxtable on The Cosby Show? Ororo:T'Challa as Claire:Cliff

If Nick Lowe was the head on NBC programming there never would have been a Cosby Show. Accept Storm I don't think another Black mutant especially female has ever had a friendship much less been involved with another Black person.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @PassionFlower said:

I really loved them together I thought they were perfect for each other and while I'll never say never doesn't seem Marvel is going that way. I agree Hickman would be perfect. Not to bash Hudlin but he was not good and I'll leave it at that. I wonder what would have been if a good writer had that series. The only thing I'm asking for now is that Marvel would have the good graces to give them amicable closure: "I'm sorry, I made mistakes". "I'm sorry I'll always be there for you"...that type of thing. I read somewhere Aaron said T'Challa will be dropping in WATXM on occasion. I feel like no, just leave T'Challa alone. Let Hickman handle his personal life. And I would prefer to see them both move on simultaneously...but at least be on friendly terms.

I agree, I didn't like the way their marriage or relationship was depicted in Hudlin's run but it did kind of give me some incite into T'Challa's personality. He does kind of have this arrogant swagger about him and he doesn't tone it down even for his wife. I think the fact that they fought in Av X is absolutely ridiculous and I feel like their relationship couldn't have ended on a worse note. I don't think that's ever really happened in the Marvel U..most break-ups are on a sad note (either one of them dies or something happens that makes them go their separate ways.
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PassionFlower

Astro said:

@PassionFlower said:

I agree, I didn't like the way their marriage or relationship was depicted in Hudlin's run but it did kind of give me some incite into T'Challa's personality. He does kind of have this arrogant swagger about him and he doesn't tone it down even for his wife. I think the fact that they fought in Av X is absolutely ridiculous and I feel like their relationship couldn't have ended on a worse note. I don't think that's ever really happened in the Marvel U..most break-ups are on a sad note (either one of them dies or something happens that makes them go their separate ways.

I lost a lot of respect for Jason Aaron for that. He took this Royal couple and he had them brawling in the streets like drunken sailors.It was like seeing the POTUS and FLOTUS acting like that. I was so sickened and disappointed. I don't think would have done that to any other couple. And they didn't even have the good grace to at least let them have a conversation in AVX Consequences to make it right. Everybody including Magneto and his dog have talked in Consequences... And before we get closure they announce her next man :/ I'm like ok, that's fine. I've learned to lower expectations when it comes to Marvel editorial and just move on.,,

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @PassionFlower said:

I lost a lot of respect for Jason Aaron for that. He took this Royal couple and he had them brawling in the streets like drunken sailors.It was like seeing the POTUS and FLOTUS acting like that. I was so sickened and disappointed. I don't think would have done that to any other couple. And they didn't even have the good grace to at least let them have a conversation in AVX Consequences to make it right. Everybody including Magneto and his dog have talked in Consequences... And before we get closure they announce her next man :/ I'm like ok, that's fine. I've learned to lower expectations when it some to Marvel editorial and just move on.,,

This is why alot of people end up jumping ship and moving on to titles from other companies because most times it seems that Marvel and their writers don't consider who we would feel about the things they do with certain characters. I'd rather you just write a story that is boring or simply not good then one that is OOC for both characters. 
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Umbraa

@Night Thrasher said:

M
    M

She's one the only characters in the MU with the grace and beauty to be an actual princess. And she's a minority, and better yet a Muslim which I'm pretty sure a good population of the Wakandans are! Other than Storm, who was the perfect fit, Monet is a distant second best!

Agreed totally!!!

M, Storm or Namora.

I would like M though.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PassionFlower

@Vance Astro said:

@PassionFlower said:

I lost a lot of respect for Jason Aaron for that. He took this Royal couple and he had them brawling in the streets like drunken sailors.It was like seeing the POTUS and FLOTUS acting like that. I was so sickened and disappointed. I don't think would have done that to any other couple. And they didn't even have the good grace to at least let them have a conversation in AVX Consequences to make it right. Everybody including Magneto and his dog have talked in Consequences... And before we get closure they announce her next man :/ I'm like ok, that's fine. I've learned to lower expectations when it some to Marvel editorial and just move on.,,

This is why alot of people end up jumping ship and moving on to titles from other companies because most times it seems that Marvel and their writers don't consider who we would feel about the things they do with certain characters. I'd rather you just write a story that is boring or simply not good then one that is OOC for both characters.

If somebody at DC comes up with the idea of Batwing (which I hear is not bad) and Vixen they will pick up 99 percent of the BP and Storm fans. I know they'd pick me up and I would except a couple titles flip Marvel the deuces.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By batkevin74

Maybe Black Panther could go gay! Devestated by Storm he turns to Flatman and the two become the newest power LGBT couple :)

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PassionFlower

Some more prospects:

Emma Frost. She is apparently available now and you know she was always jealous of Storm having been royalty. She is certainly haughty enough. Come on it would be fun.

Amber Rose...I mean Moon Dragon. She is intriguing. She has a nice power set and good look and if it didn't work with T maybe she and Shuri might make it.

Misty Knight. I don't think she is with Iron Fist anymore. Yeah, I know. Too hood.

Colleen Wing just cuz I miss her.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
    Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@PassionFlower: I heard Emma and Scott are done. Maybe T'Challa can swoop in and pick that up lol ...

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PassionFlower

@CozyDaPrynce: That would be hilarious and messy as hell.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Blood1991

@PassionFlower said:

Perfect revenge to get back at both Scott and Namor

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Blood1991 said:

@PassionFlower said:

Perfect revenge to get back at both Scott and Namor

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP should get back with Monica Lynn. I liked him with her more than him with Storm

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Wanda Maximoff

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't anyone mentioned Black Swan?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda would be amusing to say the least. The swan would be interesting...

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Hasn't anyone mentioned Black Swan?

For some reason I wouldn't mind this

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Would be interesting but it seems she has the closes bound with Reed right now. What marvel needs to do is get the rights to Vixen she would be the perfect Queen for T'challa :p

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: How so? Just because she's an African native?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BR_Havoc

@blackwind: It was a joke but that would help her win the respect of the people of Wakanda. Also I think her powers complement him and the Black Panther legacy. Plus after reading her in a number of series I think her personality would jell well with his, she is regal she is smart and she can stand up for herself.

If I had to go with Marvel character for T'challa it could be interesting seeing him with Tigra and him being a step dad but I feel many will disagree.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

@blackwind: It was a joke but that would help her win the respect of the people of Wakanda. Also I think her powers complement him and the Black Panther legacy. Plus after reading her in a number of series I think her personality would jell well with his, she is regal she is smart and she can stand up for herself.

If I had to go with Marvel character for T'challa it could be interesting seeing him with Tigra and him being a step dad but I feel many will disagree.

Tigra why?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Honestly I read some Avengers Academy and I thought she might work with T'challa her personality is a little more headstrong which could be an interesting contrast to his. Also thought it would be interesting to see if BP and the people of Wakanda could raise a son that is not one of their own.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

@grenadeflow: Honestly I read some Avengers Academy and I thought she might work with T'challa her personality is a little more headstrong which could be an interesting contrast to his. Also thought it would be interesting to see if BP and the people of Wakanda could raise a son that is not one of their own.

Interesting, that's the type person I thought would work well with him. The Wakandians did raise an outsider, Hunter: The White Wolf

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: True they did. I never understood why he was called White Wolf, I mean shouldn't of been called the white panther if he was the brother of T'challa?

Would be cool to see T'challa rise little William if they ever did get together.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@br_havoc said:

@grenadeflow: True they did. I never understood why he was called White Wolf, I mean shouldn't of been called the white panther if he was the brother of T'challa?

Would be cool to see T'challa rise little William if they ever did get together.

It would be cool. I always wanted BP to have a kid

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

It would be cool. I always wanted BP to have a kid

He seems to be a natural fit to be a father. Kind of like Reed Richards.

Son_Of_Tchalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Son_Of_Tchalla

Sue Richards ;)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#82  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Meh. He's fine on his own. Storm is really the only relationship of his that I've cared about (not that they are many)

Besides it wouldn't fit the theme of his character being so isolated right now for him to be in a relationship.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Paracelsus

The pool of potential brides is pretty small for T'Challa anyway- firstly his next Queen would have to be black( I doubt very much if Wakandans would accept a white-esp American- queen) and there are only so many African American /superheroines around- if not Lightbright, then why not Wildstreak- or maybe he and Storm should make up- it would be so COOL to have them visit Barack and Michelle Obama in the White House( black super couple visits the African American US President and First Lady - it is often overlooked by writers that in addition to being a superhero and Avenger, T'Challa is a King in his own right, why I don't know- few writers fail to make the point that Namor, Black Bolt and even Dr.Doom are sovereign rulers- maybe because it's all of the aforementioned are white and T'Challa is black!)

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pool of potential brides is pretty small for T'Challa anyway- firstly his next Queen would have to be black( I doubt very much if Wakandans would accept a white-esp American- queen) and there are only so many African American /superheroines around- if not Lightbright, then why not Wildstreak- or maybe he and Storm should make up- it would be so COOL to have them visit Barack and Michelle Obama in the White House( black super couple visits the African American US President and First Lady - it is often overlooked by writers that in addition to being a superhero and Avenger, T'Challa is a King in his own right, why I don't know- few writers fail to make the point that Namor, Black Bolt and even Dr.Doom are sovereign rulers- maybe because it's all of the aforementioned are white and T'Challa is black!)

T'challa hasn't been the king of Wakanda for like 5 years, anyone is fair game.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death should ditch Deadpool and get with T'challa

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

black panther & monica rambeau.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The king of the dead and death lol

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@tehstranger said:

The king of the dead and death lol

King and Queen of the Dead

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By moneyspider1

My whole stance on this is, whoever T'Challa gets with, she will have to be top-tier in the Marvel Universe for Marvel and fans to really care about her as queen of Wakanda or as his love interest.

I say this because sure T'Challa could get another love interest without too much trouble, but exactly how important will she be to the overall Marvel Universe in-story? Monica Lynne isn't all that important to the grand scheme of things, and neither is Monica Rambeau when you really think about it. Monica Rambeau has been placed into comic limbo before, as has Monica Lynne and any other romantic interest that T'Challa has ever had.

And I know there are numerous people who like Black Swan and want T'Challa to hook up with her, but my thoughts on that are, other than Jonathan Hickman, who is using her right now? After Hickman is done with "New Avengers," will he write Black Swan being an important Marvel Universe character in any other Marvel book? Will other writers use Black Swan in any other books after Hickman is done with "New Avengers?" In 2016, 2017, etc. will she be placed into limbo, or will Marvel promote her as a character? How important will she be as a character to Marvel at that point, when the Incursion story line is over? How important is she, really? Marvel seems to be more interested in Angela (a character from another comic book company/universe) than Black Swan.

God forbid that T'Challa ever go back into limbo, but if he did, any love interest he would currently have would go into limbo right along with him, as would Wakanda. That's why if he had a high profile queen or love interest, she potentially WOULDN'T go into limbo, even if HE or Wakanda did.

To me, that's one of the things Storm brought to the table. If the writers and editors had actually acted professionally and acted like adults in writing the royal couple instead of having them break up over some poorly written B.S. that made no logical sense whatsoever, Storm could have still represented Wakanda on the world stage, even if for some reason Black Panther and Wakanda were placed into limbo or weren't used in books that much. We still could have kept up with Wakandan events through Storm, since she is in several books right now (although her portrayal in some of those books is questionable at the moment). Storm, WHEN WRITTEN CORRECTLY AND WITHOUT ALL OF THE EDITORIAL AND WRITER HATERADE, brings so much to the table it's absolutely ridiculous. She's popular in-universe and outside-of-universe (cosplay, the general public knows who she is due to the X-Men movies), instantly recognizable, won't be placed into limbo ANY time soon, has been around since 1975 and is one of the most powerful mutants in the 616 universe. If she had remained queen of Wakanda, people would have learned more about Wakanda through her (if Black Panther wasn't appearing anywhere).

When I think of things like this, like Black Panther's love interests, I like to think of the long-term ramifications of these unions.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say this please no to Monica Lynn.And honestly while I DID love them please no to Storm too certainly at this point. If I was writing it would be a whole new character...

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By GrenadeFlow
    webbcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Haha! Perfect. Any idea what comic that's from?

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@webbcity: I think that's from Hudlin's Black Panther run

I actually meant to tag @br_havoc

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@br_havoc: because he was the leader of the Hatut zeraze which means "Dogs of war".

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some random African/Wakandan lady who will play a big role in BP's life in the future.

webbcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Cool, thanks... I haven't dipped my toe into Hudlin's run yet because I have heard such mixed things about it. But will have to check it out and assess for myself at some point.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webbcity: Hudlin...was a mixed bag for sure...

webbcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@passionflower: Is there a good place to start with Hudlin? Any stories that stand out?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webbcity: His House of M story was actually quite good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.