Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

some of Spider-Man villains fit more The Black Panther

funckygarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By funckygarcon

Africa is home to scorpions, rhinos and vultures. Don't u think those 3 Spider-Man villains would serve better as The Black Panther's enemies rather than Spidey's? After all, those animals don't even live in cities and would fit better in Africa where Black Panther rules. And now that i think about it, why not add Kraven the hunter too? Do u know any spider hunters? I don't, panthers however are hunted for their fur. I would even think about making him Black Panther's archenemy as he would seek to hunt him all the time. don't u think it all makes sense?

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hatutzeraze

Panther has had some pretty epic battles with members of the Kravinov family, almost enough so that I'd consider T'Challa to be Kraven's second choice in terms of chief enemies.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Panther go up against some of those other guys mentioned, they are probably better off staying Spidey-foes. The old JMS Morlun storyline really sold me on their appropriateness as foes for Mr. Parker.

It might be neat to see some new villains playing with the imagery of those animals, villains based in or around Wakanda. If they did do that, though, I'd hope they did it sparingly. Too many animal-based enemies for an African super-hero might start looking like a lazy stereotype. A few would be OK, though, I would think.

Cage_2913_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cage_2913_69

Never thought about that but your totally right!

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Blackreverend

I totally agree although it's way too late to make it happen as you would have to relocate the current villains to africa or reinvent the characters origins alltogether...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.