Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

So.. The American Panther?

• 65 results
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Osiris1428 said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    " @Osiris1428: I have a better question,why has'nt Marvel hired this guy? "
    What guy, who me? Lol. I wish. I would love to. I need to work on my art work more, and then, maybe I'll take it to a comic con and see what happens. But who did you mean? "

Yup you.
    Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Wise man says, "if originality is out of the question, settle for an unholy hybrid."

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Osiris1428
    @JonesDeini said:
    " @Osiris1428 said:
    " One more thing: It's funny to know that on Marvel's website, because of American Panther, Black Panther FINALLY has a separate thread all to himself. Wow, it took all that. Or should say, it took that!?!?  

Look, Marvel, it's simple: There are OBVIOUS things in Black Panther's story that should be fleshed out that you seem to ignore it in a desperate mad dash to make Panther more 'relevant'. 
    1). Flesh out the marriage between T'Challa and Storm. Deadpool and his inner monologues/personalities have a better fully realized relationship.  

2).Wakanda. Why don't you for a couple of issues give us a better idea of what Wakanda is like to live in. It's citizens, it's problems. Is there no crime? Are there any mutants for Storm to teach/lead? How big is it geographically? Different factions of its military and government? How are their weapons made? Population size? Are there different cities/tribes within this nation? How are they ran? How has Wakanda fared since losing all of it's vibrianium. If Captain America still has his shield, is it safe to assume that not all of the vibrianium is gone...which brings me to my next topic...  

3). Where did the worlds vibranium really come from? SPACE TRIP!!!! It came from space, but was it on purpose. Was it like how out moon was formed, by sheer accident, or, was there something...alien??? Have you guys ever seen that movie 'Mission To Mars'? In the story they basically found out that all life on Earth was started by life on Mars. That could be the inspiration for a story on maybe not just getting the vibrianium back, but where it came from. Who is to say, I mean how far back in the history of Wakanda does the precious metal go-the beginning of time? 
    •      There is a tribe of Africans- the Dogon, who believe that all life on Earth started from life from outer space. There are conspiracy theorists that are "Convinced of evidence that the Egyptian, Sumerian, and Dogon  civilizations were founded by aliens from the Sirius star system who are now ready to return. ..." and all that other 2012 nonsense. I think there is a great story in there for Black Panther. If only we had a writer who wasn't trying to gives us that old "T'Challa has to prove himself-to himself...again" and wanted to give us something new...
    "
    Preach, my naga!!! Plays On & On by Erykah badu. These are ALL things I'd like to see tackled when T'challa leaves Hells Kitchen. I think many writers (especially white one's) just don't know how to handle writing a predominantly black cast, especially an African one. There are exceptions like Dysart's excellent work on Unknown Soldier, but these works are few and far in between. I think the idea of the worlds most advanced nation being located in the continent that most people associate with 1. Slavery 2. Famine 3. Poverty 4. Disease 5. Civil War/Genocide 6. is difficult for a writer/readers to accept if you get me. So naturally the writer tends to start a series in Wakanda with some nice scenery shots, but inevitably moves things to NY or throws T'challa around other heroes asap. I'd like to see Panther/Wakanda portrayed by a writer and artist who've spent some time in Africa, and understands it's history and current political climate. One of the things that helped Dysart write such a vivid and authentically African tale was spending time in Uganda and the surrounding nations. He internalized the place he was writing until it's people, it's sounds, it's sites, it's smells naturally flowed forth from him. I believe somebody with a base level understanding could come up with some truly amazing stories. All those unpleasant things most people associate with would make great problems for T'challa and his people to tackle. Imagine an arc focused around Wakanda breaking it's isolationists stance and stepping into the Uganda Genocide, or T'challa using his intellect (he's one of the 8 smartest men on earth dammit!!!) to tackle the issues of famine, poverty, disease? If Reed can try to solve everything why not T'Challa. I'd like to see a portrayal of Africa in the mainstream of this medium that wasn't a generic jungle/shanty town/plain/bush. Let's see Wakanda from all angles, let's see the fusion of the ancient and the bleeding edge. I think that The Panther Motion comic's portrayal of Wakanda's an excellent place to start for any writer trying write Panther.  "
    Thanks man!! Going to different countries in Africa could help as well. Nigerians ( or the one I have met) are somewhat arrogant ( and funny), and Nigeria and other places really aren't that bad.

@entropy_aegis said
    " @Osiris1428 said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    " @Osiris1428: I have a better question,why has'nt Marvel hired this guy? "
    What guy, who me? Lol. I wish. I would love to. I need to work on my art work more, and then, maybe I'll take it to a comic con and see what happens. But who did you mean? "
    Yup you. "
    Thanks again!!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock

Well, how unbelievably stupid this idea is.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It's like Marvel wants to alienate everyone but the four-year olds and the morons.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#56  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

thats ridicules 

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By karrob

Word

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Nelomaxwell
    @JonesDeini said:
    " @Osiris1428 said:
    " One more thing: It's funny to know that on Marvel's website, because of American Panther, Black Panther FINALLY has a separate thread all to himself. Wow, it took all that. Or should say, it took that!?!?  

Look, Marvel, it's simple: There are OBVIOUS things in Black Panther's story that should be fleshed out that you seem to ignore it in a desperate mad dash to make Panther more 'relevant'. 
    1). Flesh out the marriage between T'Challa and Storm. Deadpool and his inner monologues/personalities have a better fully realized relationship.  

2).Wakanda. Why don't you for a couple of issues give us a better idea of what Wakanda is like to live in. It's citizens, it's problems. Is there no crime? Are there any mutants for Storm to teach/lead? How big is it geographically? Different factions of its military and government? How are their weapons made? Population size? Are there different cities/tribes within this nation? How are they ran? How has Wakanda fared since losing all of it's vibrianium. If Captain America still has his shield, is it safe to assume that not all of the vibrianium is gone...which brings me to my next topic...  

3). Where did the worlds vibranium really come from? SPACE TRIP!!!! It came from space, but was it on purpose. Was it like how out moon was formed, by sheer accident, or, was there something...alien??? Have you guys ever seen that movie 'Mission To Mars'? In the story they basically found out that all life on Earth was started by life on Mars. That could be the inspiration for a story on maybe not just getting the vibrianium back, but where it came from. Who is to say, I mean how far back in the history of Wakanda does the precious metal go-the beginning of time? 
    •      There is a tribe of Africans- the Dogon, who believe that all life on Earth started from life from outer space. There are conspiracy theorists that are "Convinced of evidence that the Egyptian, Sumerian, and Dogon  civilizations were founded by aliens from the Sirius star system who are now ready to return. ..." and all that other 2012 nonsense. I think there is a great story in there for Black Panther. If only we had a writer who wasn't trying to gives us that old "T'Challa has to prove himself-to himself...again" and wanted to give us something new...
    "
    Preach, my naga!!! Plays On & On by Erykah badu. These are ALL things I'd like to see tackled when T'challa leaves Hells Kitchen. I think many writers (especially white one's) just don't know how to handle writing a predominantly black cast, especially an African one. There are exceptions like Dysart's excellent work on Unknown Soldier, but these works are few and far in between. I think the idea of the worlds most advanced nation being located in the continent that most people associate with 1. Slavery 2. Famine 3. Poverty 4. Disease 5. Civil War/Genocide 6. is difficult for a writer/readers to accept if you get me. So naturally the writer tends to start a series in Wakanda with some nice scenery shots, but inevitably moves things to NY or throws T'challa around other heroes asap. I'd like to see Panther/Wakanda portrayed by a writer and artist who've spent some time in Africa, and understands it's history and current political climate. One of the things that helped Dysart write such a vivid and authentically African tale was spending time in Uganda and the surrounding nations. He internalized the place he was writing until it's people, it's sounds, it's sites, it's smells naturally flowed forth from him. I believe somebody with a base level understanding could come up with some truly amazing stories. All those unpleasant things most people associate with would make great problems for T'challa and his people to tackle. Imagine an arc focused around Wakanda breaking it's isolationists stance and stepping into the Uganda Genocide, or T'challa using his intellect (he's one of the 8 smartest men on earth dammit!!!) to tackle the issues of famine, poverty, disease? If Reed can try to solve everything why not T'Challa. I'd like to see a portrayal of Africa in the mainstream of this medium that wasn't a generic jungle/shanty town/plain/bush. Let's see Wakanda from all angles, let's see the fusion of the ancient and the bleeding edge. I think that The Panther Motion comic's portrayal of Wakanda's an excellent place to start for any writer trying write Panther.  "
    I agree with everything you brotha's said and then some.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Maybe it's Patriot as T'Challa's sidekick?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Kairan1979

Black Panther/Daredevil was bad enough, but turning T'challa into one of the spar-spangled crowd is just as ridiculous as Punisher taking the mantle of Captain America.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said this in a private conversation to Vance Astro about this but I'm calling out out now. This is guy is called AMERCIAN PANTHER. This is guy is not going to be Elijah. This guy is going to be caucasian.

If anyone pays attention to anything where the title starts with "American" its about a caucasion person doing that an average caucasian person doesn't do either from putting his %$# in warm apple pies to being psychotic or trying to bang underage girls.

I'm calling it out now. It's going to be Clint Barton or Matt Murdock or maybe even Ironfist.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@FortressoftheMoon: I can see them putting Murdock in that outfit.........as a second ID for him to run around with BP in his "Man Without Fear" title.

BTW I am kinda dreading where this is going if it is T'Challa.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Osiris1428
    @FortressoftheMoon said:
    "

I said this in a private conversation to Vance Astro about this but I'm calling out out now. This is guy is called AMERCIAN PANTHER. This is guy is not going to be Elijah. This guy is going to be caucasian.

If anyone pays attention to anything where the title starts with "American" its about a caucasion person doing that an average caucasian person doesn't do either from putting his %$# in warm apple pies to being psychotic or trying to bang underage girls.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I'm calling it out now. It's going to be Clint Barton or Matt Murdock or maybe even Ironfist.

"
    Nah. This guy is someone we have seen before. I really think it's going to be Jasper Cole. Pay attention to the guns. Someone trained to use guns. Maybe someone who was trained by the military (Jasper Cole was a cop, not in the military-that I know of). But I'm putting my money on it being Jasper Cole.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Static Shock
    @Osiris1428: Kasper. 
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#65  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

news on ths

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.