Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Reading Post-MWF/MDMA

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Fallschirmjager

So I'm not current on Black Panther reading and looking to catch up.

I've read up through Man Without Fear and Most Dangerous Man Alive.

I understand he becomes King of the Dead in Fantastic Four at some point? Can anyone help me with specific issue numbers?

At which point I would need to read AvX > New Avengers?

(side note, we need a solo series for him again :D)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

Black Panther became King of the Dead in Fantastic Four #608 by Jonathan Hickman.

You don't need to read the entirety of AvX. All you got to know is that a Phoenix Force influenced Namor blew down a large portion of Wakanda during AvX which has a resulted in a bitter feud between him and T'Challa, and subsequently, Wakanda and Atlantis.

To get your fill of current Black Panther, got get all of Jonathan Hickman's current New Avengers run. It's only 12 issues in so far (13 if you count the one that is coming out this month.), and is completely bloody awesome. You could also pick up the recent Infinity event that had to deal with the team T'Challa is working with in New Avengers, the Illuminati. It's not necessary at;; though. Just a fun event IMO.

And yes, we desperately need another BP solo. Marvel, I'm waiting on you guys.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Black Panther became King of the Dead in Fantastic Four #608 by Jonathan Hickman.

You don't need to read the entirety of AvX. All you got to know is that a Phoenix Force influenced Namor blew down a large portion of Wakanda during AvX which has a resulted in a bitter feud between him and T'Challa, and subsequently, Wakanda and Atlantis.

To get your fill of current Black Panther, got get all of Jonathan Hickman's current New Avengers run. It's only 12 issues in so far (13 if you count the one that is coming out this month.), and is completely bloody awesome. You could also pick up the recent Infinity event that had to deal with the team T'Challa is working with in New Avengers, the Illuminati. It's not necessary at;; though. Just a fun event IMO.

And yes, we desperately need another BP solo. Marvel, I'm waiting on you guys.

I'm hoping they announce the BP ongoing at SDCC

Check out F4 #607 too that's where the story arc starts

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager
    RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RenaissanceMan

I would love a black panther ongoing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.