More Pictures of Black Panther on Set of 'Civil War'

• 79 results
#51 Posted by StarBrand1 (661 posts) - - Show Bio

those pics look awful, but its way too early to say. but judging on those pics alone, its shit. Quicksilver in the pics looked awful, and so did he in the movie. He had on some under armor.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#52 Posted by christianrapper (6403 posts) - - Show Bio

really? it's obvious the suit will look better on film. complaining about the suit now makes no sense.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#53 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

The suit doesn't really look good. Doesn't resemble the artwork they showed. And the mask seems to be a helmet like Captain America in the first Avengers. And it's not skin tight. Not feeling this or Crossbones costume but I'll reserve my judgement until I see it on a trailer.

Does "skin tight" really work?

Pretty sure it'll look way better after rendering and post work.

#54 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@superior_prime_maybe: of course. The only thing that's disappointing from the image is that the mask isn't connected to the suit instead is like Caps in the first Avengers.

#55 Edited by Fallingcliffs (5727 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...SS squad costumes and Batman look ton better lol. The BP costume looks kind of cheap and TV budget.

#56 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

People here do realize that the suit will look better than that in the movie, right?

#57 Posted by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really terrible

#58 Posted by darkhunter89 (1661 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Black Panther.............

#59 Posted by mettlekm (435 posts) - - Show Bio

aka the Dark Kite

Cause he's hanging by strings... and kinda looks like Batman... ahem.. here all week!

#60 Posted by kgb725 (19567 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit will look great post production

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
#61 Edited by Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

Also didn't know Chadwick was playing him! That's gonna be sick.

#62 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: it will look better than the set pics but it looking great I highly doubt.

#63 Posted by Renny (3373 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumburger said:

It looks a bit bulky i wonder if he'll be agile or will he just punch stuff.

I really hope they concentrate on his martial arts mainly and not just have him use his claws and crouch a lot.

Agreed. He should have the most visually appealing style of fighting.

#64 Posted by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

People here do realize that the suit will look better than that in the movie, right?

It looked way better in the leaked footage from a few weeks ago

No Caption Provided

#65 Edited by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow: Do you have a link for the leaked footage?

EDIT: It's cool. I found it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zjmdb

#66 Edited by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock: the person that leaked it only released gifs and pics I saw it on reddit at r/marvelstudios

#67 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow: Yeah, I saw the rest of them on imgur. Pretty stoked.

#68 Edited by Heatblaze (10400 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock: You think we will see him use some of his gimmicks and weaponry from his Christopher Priest run in Civil War?

#69 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatblaze123: It's possible. Recent animated versions of the character (from Avengers EMH and Marvel Disk Wars) have use some of those gimmicks. One can hope.

#70 Edited by Redatom1234 (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

Even as a stunt suit its a bit weak. As shown above the bat fleck stunt suit>>>black panther stunt suit, I'll wait for a trailer to see what it looks like with a bit of magic but as of now I'm a little disappointed

#71 Posted by senglord (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23: ass pads on batfleck.

The Suicide Squad movie will sink the industry.

The less ott Mar el makes the costumes, the more they can make the setting like a comic book. Have we learned nothing from Schumacher.

#72 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord: I stopped reading at "The Suicide Squad will sink the industry" I don't believe in magic.

#73 Posted by senglord (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23: It could sink Warner Brothers comic movie franchise for another decade. All I could thind think was Schumachers take on Batman.

#74 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord: Literally any comic book movie coming out could affects he genre. The costumes are the way that they are for a reason, the Squad are street criminals the DCEU is grounded and it's a David Ayer movie. Of course they would look gritty because these criminals don't have high quality designers creating their costumes. Think and stop ring a blind fanboy.

#75 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. It will look even better with the remaining CGI post production touch ups.

#76 Posted by senglord (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23: The Suicide Squad is fine. The Batman suit has padding on the ass. Ass pads are similar to the Schumacher Batman nipples. And there is no grounded reason for any superhero to put ass pads on when they fight crime.

#77 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord: lool you're dissing Batman's suit? No need to reply to you 99% of real Batman fans appreciate it's level of accuracy.

#78 Posted by jdark (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@@jumpstart55: The suit looks terrible.......How is it that they can get Batman's costume right...and they cant get BP's costume right...when in essence they look similar....I mean it's a black suit for god's sake.....they couldnt even make the suit more form fitting?

Even worse...Chadwick doesn't even fill the suit out (didn't he workout ...train before the set? They should have had him hang out with Chris Helm and Chris Evans!) SMH They should have went and got Michael Jai White to play the panther.......a solid actor....extremely fit..physical.....a mature persona-demeanor which is ideal to play Black Panther

#79 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@jdark said:

@@jumpstart55: The suit looks terrible.......How is it that they can get Batman's costume right...and they cant get BP's costume right...when in essence they look similar....I mean it's a black suit for god's sake.....they couldnt even make the suit more form fitting?

Even worse...Chadwick doesn't even fill the suit out (didn't he workout ...train before the set? They should have had him hang out with Chris Helm and Chris Evans!) SMH They should have went and got Michael Jai White to play the panther.......a solid actor....extremely fit..physical.....a mature persona-demeanor which is ideal to play Black Panther

To each is own. But one thing you gotta remember is these are pre post production pics, meaning they didnt put in all the little touch ups with the computer they do in post production. so alot of the suits are going to look kind of silly looking. I remember the early screenshots for Michael Shannons Zod in the suit looked kind of crappy looking. But his armor looked downright awesome in the movie. Another good example was Ultron. He looked liked a power rangers outfit they picked up on sale at Target. But then the movie came out. And no matter the problems you had with what ever dialogue that came out of his mouth you cant argue that he wasnt absolutely awesome to look at. So take these pics with a grain of Salt. And about Michael Jai White, the dude is one heck of a martial artist, top notch world class elite. But as an actor hes meh. The guy even said it himself, he dosent even consider himself to be an actor. Hes a marital artist first and kind of sort of an actor second. Hes not really going to commit to the role, the way marvel wants him to. So i see no reason why they would risk taking him. Remember the budget on this movie is 250 million plus. And when a movie cost that much to make, minimum risk are taken. So its much better to go with someone like Chadwick who is a proven actor and quite the character actor. And has proven that he can really commit to a role and dedicate himself almost completely to the character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.