More Pictures of Black Panther on Set of 'Civil War'

• 79 results
Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio

Filming for Captain America: Civil War is continuing in Berlin and yesterday, a picture was released of Black Panther. Today, thanks to DailyMail, there's a lot more pictures showing off the outfit and a scene that's being filmed, which has T'Challa climbing up a wall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chadwick Boseman is playing the role of T'Challa for his introduction into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. What do you think of the costume? Captain America: Civil War hits theaters on May 6, 2016.

Staff
#1 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

That is sick!

#2 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit doesn't really look good. Doesn't resemble the artwork they showed. And the mask seems to be a helmet like Captain America in the first Avengers. And it's not skin tight. Not feeling this or Crossbones costume but I'll reserve my judgement until I see it on a trailer.

#3 Posted by TheValiant (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

The suit doesn't really look good. Doesn't resemble the artwork they showed. And the mask seems to be a helmet like Captain America in the first Avengers. And it's not skin tight. Not feeling this or Crossbones costume but I'll reserve my judgement until I see it on a trailer.

Does "skin tight" really work?

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I could get a good look at the mask.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
#5 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (4316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure it'll look better on the big screen but at this point it's pretty lackluster.

#6 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

It's amazing how stupid these scenes look in production and how awesome they look (presuming usual Marvel quality) after production.

#7 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevaliant: The Amazing Spider Man, Superman, Ben Affleck Batman & Deadpool worked fine. They should've put some padding too.

#8 Posted by SmashCountdown (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure it'll look better on the big screen but at this point it's pretty lackluster.

#9 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly thought it would be a skin tight costume...

#10 Posted by Owie (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, the bulkiness of the suit is the first thing I noticed too.

#11 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure this is just a stunt suit for action and distance shots so the actor has mobility so it doesn't require as much detail.

#12 Posted by Dedpool (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23: Stunt suit! "Hero" suit worn by Boseman will look better, just as the Cap suit on the Stunt double looks kinda bad.

#13 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12746 posts) - - Show Bio

@batwatch said:

It's amazing how stupid these scenes look in production and how awesome they look (presuming usual Marvel quality) after production.

Ha, I was thinking the same.

@rag_man said:

I'm sure this is just a stunt suit for action and distance shots so the actor has mobility so it doesn't require as much detail.

I think this as well. It'll probably look better in the film.

#14 Posted by Truth_Teller (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@dedpool: I don't think Cap's stunt man suit looks bad at all, Black Panther suit just looks terrible I'm sorry.

#16 Posted by ghostiet (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23: Might be a suit made for stunts or something. It wouldn't look as weird in motion and it's probably a hell of a lot more comfortable to perform in it.

#17 Posted by desmond006 (616 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

remember guys.

#18 Posted by CyanidePie (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the complaints. This is very obviously the stunt version of the suit, hence the bulky look. You can't attach heavy wires to a skin-tight suit and expect the material to be strong enough to support the stunt man, especially when you're that high up on the side of a building. Let's use a little bit of common sense here, guys.

These scenes will probably be used for wide shots where all the detail of the suit won't be noticeable. I expect the suit that the actual actor wears will look very much like the concept art.

#19 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostiet: even if that's the case, not a fan of the mask. But let's wait and see, these images ain't the best ever.

#20 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

idk spidermans looked ok. it just looks too bulky and loose at the moment I guess.

#21 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Lurkero (507 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the stunt version of the suit I presume so I don't want to criticize too much. In post-production there will likely be improvements and the suit that the actor will wear in non-action scenes will show off more detail.

I still don't like how bland the boots look though. I think the boots could use some highlights. I'm okay with the mask not being skin tight.

Marvel might benefit from showing a high-quality image of the characters known to be in the movie. If they're filming more scenes in the open there may be more leaks.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#23 Posted by amazing_webhead (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

looks pretty cool :)

#24 Posted by marveldcfan001 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds of Arkham Knight for some reason...it's probably the mask.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (18755 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really feeling it to be honest.

#26 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

ok up to now i been seeing some combination between Ultimate Universe and 616 Universe into the movies, Thor (616 origin story, 1610's personality and some of his armor), Hulk (1610 origin story, 616 Personality), Cap (616 Origin, 1610's suit and personality), Iron Man (a little of both, I'm waiting if they will introduce Anthony), etc, but this guy's suit has nothing to do with any of both Black Panther

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#27 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9106 posts) - - Show Bio

At least it doesn't look as bad as the Suicide Squad costumes.

#28 Posted by Comickidd77 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil: you seriously don't see that the second picture you posted looks very similar to the civil war outfit minus some extra silver.

#29 Posted by Comickidd77 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil: you seriously don't see that the second picture you posted looks very similar to the civil war outfit minus some extra silver.

#30 Edited by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: how can you even compare Black Panther costume to Suicide Squad? They don't even wear costumes Rick Flagg & Deadshot aside.

#31 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice motorcycle helmet.

#32 Edited by kid Apollo (961 posts) - - Show Bio

everyone keep in mind that the costume shown is for the climbing scenes, it not necessarily what the final product will look like.

#33 Posted by KritikalMassX (1510 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

"Get out of my way!"

Really can't wait for this!

#34 Posted by gunswordfist_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by JewishDork (498 posts) - - Show Bio

When seeing these pictures, the first thought that comes to me, is Court of Owls' Talons.

#36 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a costume? I used to see people dressed like that on the subway on cold winter nights.

#37 Edited by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@comickidd77: you seriously didn't see that the only thing they have in common is the color? Not to mention dude u repeat the same thing twice

#38 Posted by TheHeat (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

It worked for Vision (AOU), Spider-Man (TASM2), Batfleck (BvS), and Superman (MOS). Why is BP different?

#39 Posted by Jean_Dezem (42 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit looks a little underwhelming. But, as usual, it will look better with movie magic (proper lighting, CG, etc.)

No Caption Provided

Still, when you compare it to Batfleck's stunt suit, there's just noooo contest which suit looks better.

#40 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_dezem: Batman suit looks leagues better unfortunately.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
#41 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2730 posts) - - Show Bio
This is what his costume will look like in the end. You can see its based on this concept art.
This is what his costume will look like in the end. You can see its based on this concept art.
Here is another look at the design, simplified into a cartoon.
Here is another look at the design, simplified into a cartoon.

Plus people need to keep in mind that this is a stunt scene of Black Panther crawling up a wall and therefore is wearing a bigger suit with a harness attached so that the stuntman wont die. This is lacking any special effects or added CG or finalizing that will make it look much better in the film.

#42 Posted by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit looks a little underwhelming. But, as usual, it will look better with movie magic (proper lighting, CG, etc.)

No Caption Provided

Still, when you compare it to Batfleck's stunt suit, there's just noooo contest which suit looks better.

Fill in the mouth with the rest of the suit and wham its Blackfleck Panther

#43 Edited by Comickidd77 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil: you act as if the suit is far from it but its not. Sure it's not skin tight but that's most likely because its a stunt double

#44 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope it's sleeker (and sexier) in the final product.

#45 Posted by MrDevil (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdevil: you act as if the suit is far from it but its not. Sure it's not skin tight but that's most likely because its a stunt double

we'll see.

#46 Edited by YeahYeahYeah (74 posts) - - Show Bio
@jean_dezem said:

No Caption Provided

He's right about Batflecks suit looking much better. That is the Batman stuntman^^^^. Looks fantastic and wayyyyy better than Black Panther's stuntman's costume unfortunately (although I doubt they will cgi Black Panther's costume but maybe lighting will help like you said and hopefully the one on Boseman will be a lot better).

This is the Black panther stuntman below and it looks terrible

No Caption Provided

Marvel does not cgi Avengers costumes except for Iron man pretty much and if they made a good one like Batman's they would not need cgi..

I knew they were going to make Black Panther's costume look terrible. Puffy, wrinkly, plastic, cheap-looking, tattered-like apearance, and bluish. Bleh.

All they had to do was make it as close to the pic below as possible and it would have been awesome:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Avengers Alliance costume below with the movie poster texture and color would be perfection:

#47 Posted by BumBurger (142 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks a bit bulky i wonder if he'll be agile or will he just punch stuff.

#48 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't look that well put together. And why is Berlin such a popular city to film movies in

#49 Posted by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by YeahYeahYeah (74 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks a bit bulky i wonder if he'll be agile or will he just punch stuff.

I really hope they concentrate on his martial arts mainly and not just have him use his claws and crouch a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.