Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3340 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Is The Black Panther Movie Confirmed?!?

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By novi_homines
    No Caption Provided

Is it nearly time for his majesty to get his own live action film?!? I THINK SO!!!

Actor Morris Chestnut from Kick Ass 2, and Identity thief recently posted the following on both his facebook and twitter feed, which he later removed:

"It’s time to get familiar with the Black Panther character."

Link

So what do you think. Is there something to this? Do you think this is a good idea? And what do you think of the actor? Share your thoughts!

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He later clarifyed that he may be playing Black Panther in Avengers 2 before a Black Panther solo movie.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

He later clarifyed that he may be playing Black Panther in Avengers 2 before a Black Panther solo movie.

I would be OK with that, but with Whedon's announcement of Quicksilver/Scarlet With, as well as Falcon joining, there isn't really much room for T'Challa in this movie. I feel like there is a really good chance we see him in Phase 3 however. At least I hope, he is my favorite Marvel superhero :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

@farkam said:

@flashknight: When did Whedon say Falcon was joining?

Oh Whedon didn't say that specifically I just thought it was obvious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@farkam said:

@flashknight: When did Whedon say Falcon was joining?

Oh Whedon didn't say that specifically I just thought it was obvious.

I don't think it is obvious. : - )

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This happened a month ago?

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morris Chestnut would have been a good choice in 1996. In a perfect world Dijmon Housou would be a great choice for the role, but hes hella old. His accent would of been perfect. He could probably play T Chaka now. I used to support the idea of Anthony Mackie playing the role but he's doing Falcon now. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be good too but he's 35 years old now and would be hard to pull off a young T Challa. My pick for young T'Challa origin story would be Micheal B Jordan. He's was tremendous on the The Wire, Friday Night Lights, and hes killing it right now in Fruitvale Station.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Is it nearly time for his majesty to get his own live action film?!? I THINK SO!!!

Actor Morris Chestnut from Kick Ass 2, and Identity thief recently posted the following on both his facebook and twitter feed, which he later removed:

"It’s time to get familiar with the Black Panther character."

Link

So what do you think. Is there something to this? Do you think this is a good idea? And what do you think of the actor? Share your thoughts!

WILL SMITH!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.