Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

How do you feel about T'Challa running the New Avengers?

• 57 results
    Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rell127

I think it's about time Marvel actually lets him run a Avenger team. I have always felt he should have been in the Secret Avengers and ran that team but this is a interesting team from what they have said.

Do you think T'Challa can do it?

Do you feel it's a bit to much for the character?

Also im curious how much of the upgrade of his skills and powers will we see during the New Avengers.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74

I don't think he's running them I think they are just based in Wakanda, plus the members are the Illuminati, and Namor is one. I'm not 100% sure about this info though!

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PassionFlower

I don't see anyone "running" this group of characters but him being a central character makes perfect sense. He is tailor made for Hickman and there is a lot of drama to be mined especially coming after the devastation not to mention it's about time an Avengers team had a HQ outside the US. Besides if Cage could head a team certainly T'Challa is overly qualified.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Loki9876

I love it finally the black panther gets some credit.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Umbraa

@evilvegeta74 said:

I don't think he's running them I think they are just based in Wakanda, plus the members are the Illuminati, and Namor is one. I'm not 100% sure about this info though!

He's leading the team. Jock confirmed this last week when talked about the title.

Nrama: The Black Panther seems to play prominently in your covers. Was this a choice dictated by Jonathan and [editor] Tom Brevoort for a story reason, or did you just wind up gravitating towards him yourself?
    Jock: Black Panther is leading the team, so it was a natural choice for him to be at the forefront of the image. I had an earlier version where Iron Man was front-and-center, but it was rightly pointed out that might be confusing. So it's essentially a story-led decision, making it clear what the dynamics of our new team are.

Nrama: On two of the covers we’ve seen the characters you can make out seem to be facing forward, while the Black Panther seems to be turning his head looking toward the reader? Do we see that correctly?
    Jock: Yes. Design wise, I wanted to show Black Panther as the leader, so having him stand 'against the flow' was one way of doing this. I love using subtle design ideas like that, things that you might not take in directly, but you'll sense in the design

Namor has nothing to do with it...he either follows like he is told or gets laid down :) hahaha.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

About damn time.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Umbraa

@Rell127 said:

Do you think T'Challa can do it?

Sure, he's one of the best leaders in MU easily.

Do you feel it's a bit to much for the character?

Nope, it's perfect and long over due.

Also im curious how much of the upgrade of his skills and powers will we see during the New Avengers.

I was told that it's what it was said in F4 608.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

At this point I don't care. I'll make up my mind after I see it played out. Looking foword to Namor and Black Panther meeting though.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Love TChalla I would like to see him in more prominent role

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TheCrowbar said:

About damn time.

this

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

Tchalla is the best choice. He is less extreme in his nature than Namor, and Iron Man, can speak unlike Black Bolt, and Beast simply isn't a leader. I look forward to seeing how he handles the responsibility of leading this powerful group.

Genki_Sudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Genki_Sudo

Mixed bag, happy for him but knowing Namor is there

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Umbraa

@Blood1991 said:

Tchalla is the best choice. He is less extreme in his nature than Namor, and Iron Man, can speak unlike Black Bolt, and Beast simply isn't a leader. I look forward to seeing how he handles the responsibility of leading this powerful group.

Cap is also on the team. So that's a big statement.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

When you say running the "New Avengers" do you mean as in the team "New Avengers" or do you mean the new "Avengers"? New Avengers is still going to be a book during Marvel NOW? Who else is on the roster?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dernman
    @Umbraa said:

@Blood1991 said:

Cap is also on the team. So that's a big statement.

Yeah but New Avengers is going to be very Illuminati type of thing. That's more BP style.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dernman
    @Vance Astro said:

When you say running the "New Avengers" do you mean as in the team "New Avengers" or do you mean the new "Avengers"? New Avengers is still going to be a book during Marvel NOW? Who else is on the roster?

ROSTER: Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Black Panther. 
    It's the Illuminati. New Avengers eventually becomes a companion piece for Avengers. It's what goes on behind closed doors where the decisions are being made and govern what happens in Avengers.
    It will be dark, apocalyptic while Avengers are idyllic and bright. 

EDIT: IIRC that is.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dernman said:
    @Vance Astro said:
    ROSTER: Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Black Panther. It's the Illuminati. New Avengers eventually becomes a companion piece for Avengers. It's what goes on behind closed doors where the decisions are being made and govern what happens in Avengers. It will be dark, apocalyptic while Avengers are idyllic and bright.
    Well it's the Illuminati without Charles. I want Charles to be Cap...DO IT MARVEL!
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman
    @Vance Astro: Did you read the last page of Uncanny Avengers? I think someone else has "a mind" on being Charles. :p
    RatFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By RatFace

@Dernman said:

@Vance Astro said:

ROSTER: Captain America, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Black Panther. It's the Illuminati. New Avengers eventually becomes a companion piece for Avengers. It's what goes on behind closed doors where the decisions are being made and govern what happens in Avengers. It will be dark, apocalyptic while Avengers are idyllic and bright. EDIT: IIRC that is.

The roster so far is Black Panther, Cap, Iron Man, Reed Richards, Dr. Strange, Namor, Black Bolt, & Beast. And I think I read that a female will be added.

And to answer to the OP, is it's about damn time!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Blood1991 said:

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

It would be pretty interesting to see Black Panther leading an Avengers team and with such interesting characters in the team it would be really cool.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dernman said:
    @Vance Astro: Did you read the last page of Uncanny Avengers? I think someone else has "a mind" on being Charles. :p
    Yes and LOL. 

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@Blood1991 said:

This doesn't make sense unless Cap isn't on the team. Cap has led the Avengers for years and he's proven himself a valid leader. 
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blood1991

@Vance Astro: I didn't think he was supposed to be, but if Havok gets to lead over him than why not Tchalla?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Blood1991 said:

@Vance Astro: I didn't think he was supposed to be, but if Havok gets to lead over him than why not Tchalla?

Because that doesn't make sense either.
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blood1991

@Vance Astro said:

@Blood1991 said:

Because that doesn't make sense either.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure logic no longer applies to Marvel writing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Blood1991 said:

Yes, but I'm pretty sure logic no longer applies to Marvel writing.

Doesn't appear so.
    WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WildStyle

@Vance Astro said:

@Dernman said:
    Yes and LOL.

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@Blood1991 said:

This doesn't make sense unless Cap isn't on the team. Cap has led the Avengers for years and he's proven himself a valid leader.

Cap doesn't seem to be on the team. His name isn't listed as one of the members in the solicits that came out today.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @WildStyle said:

Cap doesn't seem to be on the team. His name isn't listed as one of the members in the solicits that came out today.

Good.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Umbraa

The only thing that doesn't make sense is saying that a KING could not lead a Captain. It's fictional folks, anyone could lead who ever they like.

And again, Cap is on the team. Jock already gave the reason why he was left off the rosters. Which I also posted from his Newsarama interview.

Jock confirmed this last week when talked about the title.

Nrama: Jonathan revealed Captain America is on the team, along with Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Bolt, Namor, Mr. Fantastic, the Beast, and Dr. Strange, but we can’t make him out in the images. There seems to be seven figures consistently and Cap isn’t one of them.

That may be more a question for Jonathan or Tom, but we're gonna ask anyway, why isn’t Cap in the images?

Jock: That was an editorial note to not feature him prominently, and I ended up not using him at all. I’d love to get him in there though - the cover I’m currently sketching has him featured, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to utilize him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

The only thing that doesn't make sense is saying that a KING could not lead a Captain. It's fictional folks, anyone could lead who ever they like.

And again, Cap is on the team. Jock already gave the reason why he was left off the rosters. Which I also posted from his Newsarama interview.

It's not that T'Challa isn't a capable leader, it more doesn't make sense because Cap has already proven himself as the leader of the team and he's been a long time member. I feel like there would have to be a valid explanation for letting T'Challa lead. If Cap wasn't capable and they needed a change, that would be one thing but he is. All I can think of is Marvel is attempting to "push" Black Panther.  It's a marketing thing.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Umbraa

@Vance Astro said:

@Umbraa said:

It's not that T'Challa isn't a capable leader, it more doesn't make sense because Cap has already proven himself as the leader of the team and he's been a long time member. I feel like there would have to be a valid explanation for letting T'Challa lead. If Cap wasn't capable and they needed a change, that would be one thing but he is. All I can think of is Marvel is attempting to "push" Black Panther. It's a marketing thing.

Cap leading the Illuminati? I'm sorry, no. This is not Cap's wheel house at all, but it' T'challa's!

And Marvel attempting to "push" Black Panther is not different then Marvel attempt at "pushing" Captain America or any character.

Here is the thing. Hickman WANTED TO WRITE THIS...it not marketing at all. He wanted to use Black Panther...he choose him...If it was Marketing then Ironman would be leading, or Captain America.

Look at the Premise of the NEW AVENGERS.

NEW AVENGERS #1
    Jonathan Hickman (W) •Steve Epting (A)
    Cover by JOCK
    Variant Cover by J. Scott Campbell
    SKETCH VARIANT BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    Variant Cover by STEVE EPTING
    Young Baby Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Blank Cover Also Available
    To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It's the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--The Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities.
    32 PGS. /Rated T+ ...$3.99

They are PLANNING to save everything...T'challa wheel house, not Caps at all.

NEW AVENGERS #2

Jonathan Hickman (W) • Steve Epting (A)

Cover by JOCK

Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

"EVERYTHING DIES"

The Illuminati gather to plan for the death of Everything.

• Infinity gems, old wounds, lies, agendas and universal incursions.

• "It breaks hope -- it crushes what makes us decent and steals what little honor remains." --Black Swan

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

And Marvel attempting to "push" Black Panther is not different the Marvel attempt at "pushing" Captain America or any character.

Here is the thing. Hickman WANTED TO WRITE THIS...it not marketing at all. If it was Marketing then Ironman would be leading, or Captain America.

Look at the Premise of the NEW AVENGERS.

You know what I take that back. I don't think this is all marketing. Captain America doesn't really fit on this team and he's the leader of the ACTUAL Avengers so I guess him not leading makes sense.
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i aree with umbraa's statement.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Umbraa

@Vance Astro:

The NEW Avengers rule the world. Period.

And T'challa is leading them, with Cap on it. Nuff Said.

Avengers and NEW Avengers in Hickman's own words are two different sides of the same coin. Yes Cap is the leader of the Avengers and T'challa is leading the team pulling the strings of all the crap that's going on. Both Cap and Ironman are on both teams and they are shaping the Avengers team. hmmmm

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#35  Edited By Teerack

They run out of Wakanda, but it's just going to be an Illuminati book. So no one is going to be "running" it other wise there wouldn't be a purpose of this group. I think it's kind of funny the book is called new avengers when half the "team" isn't even avengers(Blackbolt, Mr. Fantastic, Namor)

No Caption Provided

What I'm really interested about is why is Captain America not on this cover? I mean Cap plays an incredibly important role in the MU. It doesn't make sense to me for him to not be in the Illuminati anymore. And Considering Wakanda and Atlantis are at war I find it very interesting that Namor would be going to meetings in Wakanda. I don't mind Beast replacing Professor X as the Mutant Rep, but I kind of think it should have been Havok. Think about how much better things could of turned out if Scott was able to summon Illuminati meetings.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

@Vance Astro:

Avengers and NEW Avengers in Hickman's own words are two different sides of the same coin. Yes Cap is the leader of the Avengers and T'challa is leading the team pulling the strings of all the crap that's going on. Both Cap and Ironman are on both teams and they are shaping the Avengers team. hmmmm

The teams have two different functions which is the reasoning behind the difference in leadership.
    jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44

As long as he is written well I don't care. I am happy with his new role however. Means marvel still cares about the character and it also is a huge step. Readers might read about him hear who never had interest in him before and gain an interest in the character.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rell127

Does anyone know when This book comes out?

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Umbraa

@Vance Astro said:

@Umbraa said:

@Vance Astro:

The teams have two different functions which is the reasoning behind the difference in leadership.

Again, Hickman's words it's the same book, different sides of the same coin. The Avengers is the team everyone sees, life etc.....The New Avengers is the one handling the BIGGER THREAT, in the shadows...death. Tony and Cap are shaping the Avengers based of off what is going on in New Avengers. There are tons of hints in F4/F4 about this story. So I'm not sure what you point is, but that's a opinion you thing that is not backed up by anything at all.

The reason T'challa is leading is because he knows what is going on and is the best one to lead them and Hickman wanted him to led. Period.

Rell, two issues come out in January. Then it's single issues from there out. Both Avengers and NEW Avengers are tied together...sort of like the F4 and FF.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By fodigg

I'm kind of sad that Luke's New Avengers is basically toast.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Umbraa

@fodigg said:

I'm kind of sad that Luke's New Avengers is basically toast.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what they have for him. He's leaving Dark Avengers too.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

Again, Hickman's words it's the same book, different sides of the same coin. The Avengers is the team everyone sees, life etc.....The New Avengers is the one handling the BIGGER THREAT, in the shadows...death. Tony and Cap are shaping the Avengers based of off what is going on in New Avengers. There are tons of hints in F4/F4 about this story. So I'm not sure what you point is, but that's a opinion you thing that is not backed up by anything at all.

The reason T'challa is leading is because he knows what is going on and is the best one to lead them and Hickman wanted him to led. Period.

Rell, two issues come out in January. Then it's single issues from there out. Both Avengers and NEW Avengers are tied together...sort of like the F4 and FF.

It's not the same book. The Avengers and the Illuminati are two different teams and have two different functions. It doesn't matter what threats they handle. My initial issue with Black Panther leading is that if this was simply another Avengers team and Cap is on it, it doesn't make any sense, for him to be taking orders from T'challa. Now that I know that New Avengers is basically the Illuminati, it makes more sense to me. I don't know what you're saying I need to "back up". I'm not trying to prove anything. Maybe you don't understand what i'm saying. Black Panther is leading the Illuminati because Hickman wanted him to lead but he also chose a team HE COULD lead and based on the type of character he is, it makes a bit of sense. He's not leading the main Avengers team he's leading a group of heroes that never really had a leader. You said that the fact that he's leading a team with Cap on it is saying something but in reality considering what the Illuminati is, Cap shouldn't even be on the team.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Umbraa

@Vance Astro said:

@Umbraa said:

It's not the same book. The Avengers and the Illuminati are two different teams and have two different functions. It doesn't matter what threats they handle. My initial issue with Black Panther leading is that if this was simply another Avengers team and Cap is on it, it doesn't make any sense, for him to be taking orders from T'challa. Now that I know that New Avengers is basically the Illuminati, it makes more sense to me. I don't know what you're saying I need to "back up". I'm not trying to prove anything. Maybe you don't understand what i'm saying. Black Panther is leading the Illuminati because Hickman wanted him to lead but he also chose a team HE COULD lead and based on the type of character he is, it makes a bit of sense. He's not leading the main Avengers team he's leading a group of heroes that never really had a leader. You said that the fact that he's leading a team with Cap on it is saying something but in reality considering what the Illuminati is, Cap shouldn't even be on the team.

...Clearly YOU would know better then Hickman himself right? Let's see.

Jonathan Hickman: Yeah, very much so. AVENGERS and NEW AVENGERS are really just two sides of the same book, of the same story. Thematically, they’re aligned too. AVENGERS is about life and NEW AVENGERS is about death. That’s what the two books are. It’s a big book. In the AVENGERS, we tackle the biggest things.

Say what now? So you are saying something as fact, when it's not a fact but an opinion. As I stated in my post, backed by what Hickman has said himself...it's the same book, same story. Cap is on the NA team because he's a world leader. He's the USA's top cop and runs the Avengers and SHIELD, besides he a member of the Illuminati anyhow. Cap has been on teams where he was not the leader, including Avengers teams. Saying that he does not make sense, doesn't make sense.

Fact is it's the same book and same story as the writer himself has said. New Avengers seems to be the driving force as it should be and T'challa is leading two of the leaders of the Avengers "Life" team with Cap and Ironman on that team (as leaders). Also, T'challa could lead any team, there is no limitation on that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

...Clearly YOU would know better then Hickman himself right? Let's see.

No, because Hickman and I aren't saying different things. 

@Umbraa said:

Say what now? So you are saying something as fact, when it's not a fact but an opinion. As I stated in my post, backed by what Hickman has said himself...it's the same book, same story. Cap is on the NA team because he's a world leader. He's the USA's top cop and runs the Avengers and SHIELD, besides he a member of the Illuminati anyhow. Cap has been on teams where he was not the leader, including Avengers teams. Saying that he does not make sense, doesn't make sense.

Fact is it's the same book and same story as the writer himself has said. New Avengers seems to be the driving force as it should be and T'challa is leading two of the leaders of the Avengers "Life" team with Cap and Ironman on that team (as leaders). Also, T'challa could lead any team, there is no limitation on that.

No, i'm saying something is a fact because it is and that quote doesn't change that. What the Illuminati does is different in comparison to what the Avengers do, the fact that the stories link up between the two books has nothing to do with what I am saying. The Illuminati isn't simply another Avengers team, what they do and what the Avengers do are different and Hickman breaks that down in the interview you took that quote from. Just because "what they do" is PART of the same story doesn't mean they are the same in nature, otherwise there would have been no point of Hickman resurrecting the Illuminati, at least not to make a book out of it. I know that Cap has been on teams that he wasn't the leader of but we aren't talking about other teams we're talking about the Avengers and he's ALMOST always lead them. No other Avengers has lead the Avengers longer or more often than Captain America. I took back my original statement though because the Illuminati is different from the Avengers. 

Fact is, there is obviously a difference between the two teams (Here comes the opinion part) and I'm fine with Black Panther running the Illuminati because it makes more sense to me that he would run a team that functions like the Illuminati, rather than another superhero team, but if Black Panther was to be the leader of the core Avengers, that to me wouldn't make any sense unless Cap was either NOT on the team or there was something that happened to him that kept him from performing that task as well as he had in the past. T'challa is CAPABLE of leading any team..that doesn't mean it makes SENSE for him to do so. There would have to be an explanation as to why an able bodied Cap would step down and let T'challa of all characters take his place.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Umbraa

I'm sorry, but it's not a FACT. It's just your opinion. What Hickman said IS A FACT. You don't have to like it, but your opinion does not change what he has been saying, what I have said.

AVENGERS and NEW AVENGERS are really just two sides of the same book, of the same story.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

I'm sorry, but it's not a FACT. It's just your opinion. What Hickman said IS A FACT. You don't have to like it, but your opinion does not change what he has been saying, what I have said.

Either you're not reading what I'm saying or you don't understand what I'm saying. What Hickman said doesn't contradict what I just said.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Umbraa

I read what you are saying. I'm saying it's a opinion. Why? because it is. Again, Captain America HAS been on teams where he was not the leader, including Avengers teams. NEW Avengers is a team and as Hickman said Cap and Stark are building that team based on things going on in NEW Avengers and to face the large threats.

So your opinion is that it would not make sense. Mine is that it doesn't matter.

RatFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RatFace

@Umbraa said:

I read what you are saying. I'm saying it's a opinion. Why? because it is. Again, Captain America HAS been on teams where he was not the leader, including Avengers teams. NEW Avengers is a team and as Hickman said Cap and Stark are building that team based on things going on in NEW Avengers and to face the large threats.

So your opinion is that it would not make sense. Mine is that it doesn't matter.

You mean like on Uncanny Avengers? ;-)

Mykhael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mykhael

Flawed Logic: A has always been the leader so B can’t lead.

Explanation of Flaw: Just because A has been the leader and is effective doesn’t mean that B can’t be just as effective or even more so.

Just because A has been leader doesn’t mean that he can’t follow, especially if he HAS been a soldier who follows orders.

Secondary flawed logic: A has been leader so it doesn’t make sense for M to not have him lead again.

Explanation of Flaw: Leading before does not mean always leading. What if M wanted to reflect the changes in life? Leaders change along

with moods, intentions, goals and judgment.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Umbraa said:

I don't think you did because you keep reposting Hickman's words as if to suggest they contradict my own but they don't. There has been several Avengers teams over the last 5-6 years and there has always been a reason for leadership change. I thought that the New Avengers would simply be a superhero team like they had been in the past I didn't know the roster. I only heard that Cap and Black Panther were both on the team but Black Panther was leading. The only reason I could assume they would let Black Panther lead is because Cap is already a member of another team that he leads and wouldn't be able to divide the time. Now that I know they are the Illuminati and knowing what I know about how the group is structured from their previous incarnation under Bendis, it makes sense to me that, someone with T'Challa's intellect and his experience as king would assume a leadership role there, otherwise it DOESN'T make sense, WITHOUT a proper explanation. No writer takes a over a team book and makes a character the leader without a valid explanation.

@Mykhael said:

Flawed Logic: A has always been the leader so B can’t lead.

That was never anyone's logic. My logic was, if there was going to be an Avengers team with Captain America on it that he's not leading, there should be a logical explanation for it.

@Mykhael said:

Explanation of Flaw: Just because A has been the leader and is effective doesn’t mean that B can’t be just as effective or even more so.

This is flawed logic because in the case that the effective leader is still effective, why would the team change leaders?  

@Mykhael said:

Just because A has been leader doesn’t mean that he can’t follow, especially if he HAS been a soldier who follows orders.

Nobody ever said that Cap has always lead every team he's been on.  

@Mykhael said:

Explanation of Flaw: Leading before does not mean always leading.

Which is obvious and nobody ever said the opposite.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.