Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

DOOMWAR: A BLACK PANTHER MAJOR EVENT!!!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Its not just Black Panther. Its also Fantastic Four, X-Men, and a few other mixed in heroes.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Umbraa

It's still a  Black Panther event, by the Black Panther creative team, and the Black Panther book will be on hold, and T'challa and co are the stars of the event.  

It's just like WWH. That is still a hulk event.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

meh...I don't understand why people like this new Black Panther book...I just can't like it for some reason

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormultt
    @danhimself said:
    "meh...I don't understand why people like this new Black Panther book...I just can't like it for some reason "

its alright, im not to fond of it either especially sinc ethey r darggin storm in it but ill give this new arc a try
    Avatar image for shadow_sorcerer
    Shadow Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shadow Sorcerer

could someone explain to me why Marvel now likes to do self-contained events into their own separate miniseries while putting the regular ongoing on hold?

Happened with Captain America and Captain America: Reborn

Can anyone explain why this story couldn't have been put in the regular Black Panther book?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
    @Umbraa said:
    "It's still a  Black Panther event, by the Black Panther creative team, and the Black Panther book will be on hold, and T'challa and co are the stars of the event.   It's just like WWH. That is still a hulk event. "

Actually looking forward ot this one. I have been waiting for T'Challa to exact his revenge on Doom, and I also wonder what is going to happen with Namor....does T'challa think Namor set him up?
    geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By geometry

I can't wait. My favorite couple are gonna own!
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Static Shock
    @Umbraa said:
    " It's still a  Black Panther event, by the Black Panther creative team, and the Black Panther book will be on hold, and T'challa and co are the stars of the event.
    LOL. It's not a Black Panther event. It's a Doctor Doom event. Did you actually read the sources you posted? Doctor Doom is the center of attention, and he's at war with several different people in the superhero community.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Umbraa

@Static Shock said:
    " @Umbraa said:
    " It's still a  Black Panther event, by the Black Panther creative team, and the Black Panther book will be on hold, and T'challa and co are the stars of the event.
    LOL. It's not a Black Panther event. It's a Doctor Doom event. Did you actually read the sources you posted? Doctor Doom is the center of attention, and he's at war with several different people in the superhero community. "

wow. you are a real funny dude. . I'm going to ask you to please stop stalking me. Thanks. 

Second, It's an black Panther event, with the Black Panther creative team writing it... with the story coming out of the current Black Panther title, with the Black Panther book  going on hold...and that Black Panther writer says that T'challa, Shuri and Storm are the MAIN STARS... and center of the story with Doom being the main villan.  

This is not just from a interview dude, this is me conversing with him about it personally. Sorry to burst your bubble.  

The supporting cast is "several different people in the superhero community" opps, I guess you didn't read the sources I posted right.  This main plot of the even is T'challa's revenge on Doom. a person reading the book and not acting like they know everything would know this.  Just like the "he has always been low-superhuman" well guess what buddy, he is now Superhuman...not low-superhuman...but Superhuman..and if you were reading the book you would know this.

Anything else you can tell me about the supporting cast of "DoomWar?"

The X-Men make their impact immediately, and you can bet Wolverine's gonna be slashing his way to Doom from beginning to end! Each X-person has been chosen because of their connection to Storm and because of a very specific skill set.

The Fantastic Four will be there throughout as well. Reed and T'Challa have some things cooking in the lab that are crucial to any chance they have of rescuing Storm or opposing Doom.

And Deadpool is along for the ride. He serves two roles: comic relief ('cause he's a total loon) and muscle ('cause he can rack up a body count). Plus - I dig the character, but remember, Deadpool's always got an angle. So just what does he gain from a war with Doom?

So did you read it, or did you just want to cyberstalk?  

it's not just a story about the Wakandan Royals, even though they're the centerpiece.

Sad stuff man. It's still a Black Panther Event. They are the stars, the centerpiece of the whole event. I beat you are not even reading the comic, if you were you would know why this is a BP event. The whole story line comes from Black Panther.  Yeah, the X-men, FF, and Deadpool will all get shine...but in the end it's really T'challa vs. Doom/T'challa's revenge story. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock
    @Umbraa said:
    "wow. you are a real funny dude. . I'm going to ask you to please stop stalking me. Thanks. 

Second, It's an black Panther event, with the Black Panther creative team writing it... with the story coming out of the current Black Panther title, with the Black Panther book  going on hold...and that Black Panther writer says that T'challa, Shuri and Storm are the MAIN STARS... and center of the story with Doom being the main villan.  

This is not just from a interview dude, this is me conversing with him about it personally. Sorry to burst your bubble.  

The supporting cast is "several different people in the superhero community" opps, I guess you didn't read the sources I posted right.  This main plot of the even is T'challa's revenge on Doom. a person reading the book and not acting like they know everything would know this.  Just like the "he has always been low-superhuman" well guess what buddy, he is now Superhuman...not low-superhuman...but Superhuman..and if you were reading the book you would know this.

Anything else you can tell me about the supporting cast of "DoomWar?"

The X-Men make their impact immediately, and you can bet Wolverine's gonna be slashing his way to Doom from beginning to end! Each X-person has been chosen because of their connection to Storm and because of a very specific skill set.

The Fantastic Four will be there throughout as well. Reed and T'Challa have some things cooking in the lab that are crucial to any chance they have of rescuing Storm or opposing Doom.

And Deadpool is along for the ride. He serves two roles: comic relief ('cause he's a total loon) and muscle ('cause he can rack up a body count). Plus - I dig the character, but remember, Deadpool's always got an angle. So just what does he gain from a war with Doom?

So did you read it, or did you just want to cyberstalk?  

it's not just a story about the Wakandan Royals, even though they're the centerpiece.

Sad stuff man. It's still a Black Panther Event. They are the stars, the centerpiece of the whole event. I beat you are not even reading the comic, if you were you would know why this is a BP event. The whole story line comes from Black Panther.  Yeah, the X-men, FF, and Deadpool will all get shine...but in the end it's really T'challa vs. Doom/T'challa's revenge story. 

"
    First off, I am reading the book, smart guy. I just read issue 9 on October 14th. Second, I'm not stalking you (you're a nobody, why would I stalk you?). I'm correcting your mistakes. Get over yourself. The event is being written by the creative team, but that doesn't make it a Black Panther event. Maberry doesn't even say that it is so in the article. It involves several different people, and the current issues of the book just so happen to lead into the mini-series. As far as you conversing with him personally, I doubt it. You're more than welcome to show me that, though. Black Panther and the Wakandan Royals may be the centerpiece of it all, but it doesn't make it their event. It involves everyone that has ties to Doom, not just them. Captain America and Iron Man were the centerpiece of the Civil War, but it wasn't their event. I read the article. Did you misinterpret it, like you do everything else? The whole superhuman issue is getting to your head, isn't it? Fact of the matter is that he was smashing up robots before anything in this current volume took place. Now that he has his powers back, you want to assume he's stronger than he once was? Why? There's no significant proof of a strength increase, and you've only read one issue. What are you? Clairvoyent? Are you Maberry? Are you a part of the creative team, or just another groupie? The last one fit perfectly. If you want to be a jack@$$ about this, go ahead. I'll gladly take pride in embarrassing you in this thread. Keep in mind that nobody insulted you prior to this, and now, you're acting like you have an @$$load of hot air in your head like you're writing the book or something. Push me and I'll gladly bust it open for you. LOL.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Umbraa

You are a funny dude. it 's still a Black Panther event. He is the centerpiece with others guess staring...but he is still the star. It's simple as that. 

“One fan stressed his enthusiasm for "Black Panther," prompting Fraction to state: "There's a huge year coming up for 'Black Panther.'"
    ---CBR News at BBC

“Big news about Black Panther coming up on Monday, and a huge year for the character”
    ---Newsarama. 

“Never been the biggest Black Panther fan, but just read an outline of the plans for him in 2010 and am super excited for T'Challa & Co!”---
    CBCebulski     

"Lastly,will the Black Panther and T'Challa be at the center of DoomWar?  That's how we're plottting it,and that's how I'll write it.  But all of the other characters have significant roles.  No one (and that includes Wolverine and Deadpool) are thre for window dressing or as cheap marketing ploys (as has been suggested).  I asked for them (and a few other characters) specifically because they would serve certain key roles; and because they have history with Storm.  "   ----J. Maberry

Dude, it's like you stalk me everywhere...you are embarrassing yourself in this thread. Doom is the main villain, but T'challa is still the Star of the event. The Storyline and plot is basically about him getting revenge against Doom. Just because you have other characters with significant roles, it does not mean that it not a Black Panther event, or that he is not the star. It *is* a BP event. That fact that you had to post in this tread 'it's not a black panther event" shows that you are stalking me. I'm asking you to stop following me around, replying to my every post.  

I guess Reborn isn't Captain America's even...neither was World War Hulk. come on dude.

Secondly, you keep saying that "T'challa has always been low-superhuman" do you remember how TOLD YOU THAT??? it was me. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I assumed he was peak-human, but seen him do superhuman things. For instance, he snapped a rhino's vertebrae that was 1.5 tons after wrestling it to the ground, he snapped an assault rifle in half, carried a throne chair that three other men couldn't lift altogether, wrestled a giant crocodile and separated it's jaws (note that normal size crocs deliver 2000+ psi (lbs per sq.in.) of force with their jaws and T'Challa used his legs to separate his jaws), broke steel chains, and as he jumped from a cliff, he used his strength and weight to pull down a palm tree to use it as a catapult. After seeing all that, it would suggest that he's near superhuman/borderline superhuman, able to lift somewhere between 800 lbs and 2 tons. I just needed further clarification from someone else, because I've never seen T'Challa's handbook entry.

----Static Shock

The point is, he is stronger now...and if you read issue #9, you would know this...he is stronger and faster then before. In comic and according to the writer. Which is what I have posted, yet you continue to follow me around stating "he has always been low-superhuman" but right now he is above that. Why do you feel the need to continue saying that, when he is stonger now. That does not make sense at all.
    Does this site have ignore? geez.  How about we just make a pact to ignore each other. Please don't reply to me if you think you have to correct me with wrong infomation. That is insane. I don't feel the need to follow you around and correct you. when I post, i'm posting info that I know.  

You are right about it having other characters...but this is still a BP event, as he is the main star, and center of this event...just like CA is with Reborn, and Hulk was with WWH.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
    @Umbraa said:
    "
    You are a funny dude. it 's still a Black Panther event. He is the centerpiece with others guess staring...but he is still the star. It's simple as that. 

“One fan stressed his enthusiasm for "Black Panther," prompting Fraction to state: "There's a huge year coming up for 'Black Panther.'"
    ---CBR News at BBC

“Big news about Black Panther coming up on Monday, and a huge year for the character”
    ---Newsarama. 

“Never been the biggest Black Panther fan, but just read an outline of the plans for him in 2010 and am super excited for T'Challa & Co!”---
    CBCebulski     

"Lastly,will the Black Panther and T'Challa be at the center of DoomWar?  That's how we're plottting it,and that's how I'll write it.  But all of the other characters have significant roles.  No one (and that includes Wolverine and Deadpool) are thre for window dressing or as cheap marketing ploys (as has been suggested).  I asked for them (and a few other characters) specifically because they would serve certain key roles; and because they have history with Storm.  "   ----J. Maberry

Dude, it's like you stalk me everywhere...you are embarrassing yourself in this thread. Doom is the main villain, but T'challa is still the Star of the event. The Storyline and plot is basically about him getting revenge against Doom. Just because you have other characters with significant roles, it does not mean that it not a Black Panther event, or that he is not the star. It *is* a BP event. That fact that you had to post in this tread 'it's not a black panther event" shows that you are stalking me. I'm asking you to stop following me around, replying to my every post.  

I guess Reborn isn't Captain America's even...neither was World War Hulk. come on dude.

Secondly, you keep saying that "T'challa has always been low-superhuman" do you remember how TOLD YOU THAT??? it was me. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I assumed he was peak-human, but seen him do superhuman things. For instance, he snapped a rhino's vertebrae that was 1.5 tons after wrestling it to the ground, he snapped an assault rifle in half, carried a throne chair that three other men couldn't lift altogether, wrestled a giant crocodile and separated it's jaws (note that normal size crocs deliver 2000+ psi (lbs per sq.in.) of force with their jaws and T'Challa used his legs to separate his jaws), broke steel chains, and as he jumped from a cliff, he used his strength and weight to pull down a palm tree to use it as a catapult. After seeing all that, it would suggest that he's near superhuman/borderline superhuman, able to lift somewhere between 800 lbs and 2 tons. I just needed further clarification from someone else, because I've never seen T'Challa's handbook entry.

----Static Shock

The point is, he is stronger now...and if you read issue #9, you would know this...he is stronger and faster then before. In comic and according to the writer. Which is what I have posted, yet you continue to follow me around stating "he has always been low-superhuman" but right now he is above that. Why do you feel the need to continue saying that, when he is stonger now. That does not make sense at all.
    Does this site have ignore? geez.  How about we just make a pact to ignore each other. Please don't reply to me if you think you have to correct me with wrong infomation. That is insane. I don't feel the need to follow you around and correct you. when I post, i'm posting info that I know.  

You are right about it having other characters...but this is still a BP event, as he is the main star, and center of this event...just like CA is with Reborn, and Hulk was with WWH.

"
    Nobody is stalking you. You feel the need to flap your gums like Daffy Duck whenever someone addresses your posts. You need to calm down, and stop acting like someone is out to get to you. Just because there are plans for Black Panther doesn't mean that the event is entirely his. It looks more like Doom event than anything. I used the Civil War as a perfect example, with two people as the centerpiece, but it wasn't either of their events. If you're posting things that I think are wrong, I'm going to address it. That's just how it is. What the hell do I have to stalk you for? I read issue 9, for the last time. Like I said, there's not enough evidence for a significant strength increase, because what he did at the end of the book he's done before (twice). It's that simple. Why would anyone believe that he's stronger now? I know what was said by one of the Dora Milaje, but it's not enough. Why don't you wait until he actually shows evidence of a strength increase in later books, and maybe then, you can talk about how strong he is. You're the same person that said that Grodd didn't physically outclass T'Challa, but you don't even know how strong T'Challa is now and Grodd has established strength feats greater than anything T'Challa has ever done. So, how can you be sure that T'Challa can match Grodd? I remember what I said to you about T'Challa months ago, and it doesn't change anything. If you don't like it when I address your posts, then tough rocks. I have the right to express my opinion of whatever you say here, whether you like it or not....
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Zoom

Hey look!  A Doctor Doom major event!
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

I'm actually enjoying the Static Shock/Umbraa Battle Royale, here..."DoomWar" indeed. 

"Stop stalking me". 
    "No, you're just full of yourself. Quit it". 
    "Seriously, I'm right...and stop stalking me". 
    "I'm just going around correcting you at every whim! I don't stalk you!"

HIGH-larious! I wish people got into bloody, stabby street-fights over whom a comic book cross-over was centered around, life would just be so much more exciting!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
    @Zoom said:
    " Hey look!  A Doctor Doom major event! "
    LMFAO! So, I'm guessing you think this isn't entirely a Black Panther event either? :)

@RaptorFratBoy said:
    " I'm actually enjoying the Static Shock/Umbraa Battle Royale, here..."DoomWar" indeed.   "Stop stalking me".  "No, you're just full of yourself. Quit it".  "Seriously, I'm right...and stop stalking me".  "I'm just going around correcting you at every whim! I don't stalk you!"  HIGH-larious! I wish people got into bloody, stabby street-fights over whom a comic book cross-over was centered around, life would just be so much more exciting! "

Sarcasm intended, huh?
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Static Shock said:
    " @Zoom said:
    LMFAO! So, I'm guessing you think this isn't entirely a Black Panther event either? :)

@RaptorFratBoy said:
    " I'm actually enjoying the Static Shock/Umbraa Battle Royale, here..."DoomWar" indeed.   "Stop stalking me".  "No, you're just full of yourself. Quit it".  "Seriously, I'm right...and stop stalking me".  "I'm just going around correcting you at every whim! I don't stalk you!"  HIGH-larious! I wish people got into bloody, stabby street-fights over whom a comic book cross-over was centered around, life would just be so much more exciting! "
    Sarcasm intended, huh? "
    Hehheh, you think?
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock

Aight

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Umbraa
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    " @Static Shock said:
    " @Zoom said:

@RaptorFratBoy said:
    Sarcasm intended, huh? "
    Hehheh, you think? "

LOL... 

We squashed it.

"I understand the concern about the interruption in BP issue continuity. Although I don't have a say in that, I do understand the reasoning. The DOOMWAR story advances the continuity from BP #12; however it's pulled out because it significantly involves other Marvel characters. It'll make sense when you see it. And, besides, this is the first Marvel Event in which T'Challa & co are center stage. So...it's a nice step forward and should help bring him into the A-list spotlight where he belongs."

------ Jonathan Maberry  
    :) hahaha :p

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
    "Wakanda is not going to war with Latveria. Plain and simple. This war is between Doom and the growing number of people from the super hero community who have been injured by him. It's personal, but there are larger issues at stake. This is a battle between good and evil, but the whole story takes place in an increasingly murky gray area, - legally, morally, politically and ethically."

-Jonathan Maberry.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Doom's cold blooded. They might wanna pump the breaks.

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By geometry

Maberry's awesome.
    nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nj06

I can't wait for this to come out. It looks great!

Dachenday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dachenday

If Doom is in it, even for a second, he's gonna steal the show.  He's Doom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.