Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Did I give up to easily on the Black Panther?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz
    SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.
    I wasn't that into that much...it might have been because hes just starting out in a new city and getting accustomed to being alone.

So what I wanted to know is 
    1) Are there other more interesting B.P runs that one could get into?
    2) Did I give up too easily on this run and its better than i gave it credit for?

Thanks all. Take care
    Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Silver Zeal
    @Kallarkz said:
    " SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.
    I wasn't that into that much...it might have been because hes just starting out in a new city and getting accustomed to being alone.

2) Did I give up too easily on this run and its better than i gave it credit for?

Thanks all. Take care
    "
    Black Panther: Panther's Prey

Priest's Black Panther run: issues #1-62

Jungle Action- Black Panther:

Marvel Comics Presents Black Panther

Marvel Premier Black Panther
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Silver Zeal said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    " SO a bit back I decided to give the Black Panther a shot and I ended up buying the first of his new series Black Panther: The Man Without Fear.

Thanks all. Take care
    "
    Black Panther: Panther's PreyPriest's Black Panther run: issues #1-62Jungle Action- Black Panther: Marvel Comics Presents Black PantherMarvel Premier Black Panther
    mmm ill give some of  those reads a shot. Really hard to get into his character reading Man Without Fear
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Silver Zeal said:
    @Kallarkz said:

Thanks all. Take care
    "
    Black Panther: Panther's PreyPriest's Black Panther run: issues #1-62Jungle Action- Black Panther: Marvel Comics Presents Black PantherMarvel Premier Black Panther
    mmm ill give some of  those reads a shot. Really hard to get into his character reading Man Without Fear
    You shouldn't have started there.This is the lowest moment in the characters history.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

I love the current series
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Vance Astro said:

You shouldn't have started there.This is the lowest moment in the characters history.
    i'm gonna back track a bit and see if i can pick up some of his older stuff...Him being the King of Wakanda seems like a more interesting than what he is doing in Hells Kitchen.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Vance Astro said:

i'm gonna back track a bit and see if i can pick up some of his older stuff...Him being the King of Wakanda seems like a more interesting than what he is doing in Hells Kitchen.
    When ever a character takes over another's title it usually doesn't work.Hercules and Hulk is the only character i've ever seen it work for.Being the King of Wakanda holds him back from doing alot which is why I liked Priest's run way more than Hudlin's newer arcs.Man Without Fear just isn't written well.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Green Skin

The Marvel Knights Black Panther series from 1998 was particularly good.....in my opinion at least.

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Atari_Graphics

I'm not terribly crazy about this Man without Fear arc. It's ok and some parts are cool but I'll admit, its kinda boring and a huge step down from ruling over Wakanda. Prelude to Doomwar and Strength were great but I dont think anybody captured T'Challa better than Jason Aaron in the Secret Invasion tie ins. That was some of best comic book writing I have ever read.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz
    Ok. Just finished another 3 issues in this series and I'm convinced that I did give up too easily on this arc and on the Black Panther.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Kallarkz: I recommend Black Panther vol.2, Vol. 3, Vol.4 and Doomwar to get into the character
    Black Panthers' Prey is a good book but suffered from the expostion explosion of the 90's there is ALLOT of Exposition!

The Big thing as a panther fan is to read and enjoy it yourself and NOT let the message board people taint your view of the source material. One man's garbage is anther's treasure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.