Black Panther's Love Interests

#1 Posted by tb86 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read any BP comics so i don't really know much about him except what I see on tv or film. With the new movie coming out I was wondering who his love Interests were and which one was likely to show up. I know for a fact despite not reading the comics that Storm of the X-Men was his wife but it seems unlikely that she would show up due to Fox owning her rights though it's possible Disney may create their own version like they did with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

#2 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica Lynn

Malaika

Nikki Adams, but she was only his college girlfriend

Nakia had a crazy stalker crush on him

It's rumored that Nakia will fill the love interest role.

#3 Edited by Black_Claw (3375 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_nomarch said:

Monica Lynn

Malaika

Nakia had a crazy stalker crush on him

I'm curious to see how Nakia is handled in the movie. Maybe this will finally get her to come out of comic book limbo.

#4 Edited by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: Hopefully both her and Okoye will be coming out of limbo, they're bringing Kasper back so they should too.

#5 Posted by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to bring Nakia and Okoye back but I hope they don't make her a love interest

#6 Edited by cosmoman (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_nomarch said:

Monica Lynn

Malaika

Nakia had a crazy possessive love for him

And, of course, Storm*

Fixed.

#7 Posted by cosmoman (362 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to bring Nakia and Okoye back but I hope they don't make her a love interest

Couldn't agree more, it's sad the Dora Milaje of all people have fans feeling this way. Ideally, they should be prime candidates.

That crappy written and barely readable *Black Panther- Kasper* completely ruined Okeye's chances after locked lips with another man (regardless of tactical reasoning). And Nakia......tehnically slutted herself out to make the King jealous, the people of Wakanda would NOT be pleased in the slightest with them (Plus apparently Nakia's dying now, Monica Lynne style).

A new love interest needs to be introduced for T'challa, one as loyal to him as he is to Wakanda. As it stands, I think Malaika should make a comeback.

#8 Posted by The_Hajduk (6472 posts) - - Show Bio

Shuri.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.