Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3341 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

Black Panther Series Reboot!!!

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By Blackreverend

With The Black Panther Series coming to an end it might just be the right time to start over! With so many titles having reboots, regenesis and rebirths, It wouldn't be a bad idea at all!

Here's how I would go about it...

No Caption Provided

If I was writing his title I would temporarily end the Panther Cult in Wakanda and start the miniseries with the choice of a new one ( Lion, White Gorilla, Crocodile) Bast the panther Goddess showed up when Vibranium did and should leave with it now that there's no more! Have Shuri become the avatar of the chosen God so there's only one Black Panther.

This would force T'Challa and Storm to return home and when they would get there they would find the new Shuri with Chronok (her love interest) by her side. It would be explained that his futuristic technology is what has been keeping Wakanda's economy alive...

I would also reintroduce the Wakandan Secret Police to help facilitate her reign. After losing vibranium, Wakanda must be in chaos! Shuri is the kind of character that would sanction one.

When T'Challa and Storm find out about all this they are forced to reclaim the throne from Shuri Chronok who proves to be more resourceful than expected. Once they would have him cornered and go in for the final blow Shuri would die sacrificing herself to save her lover. It would be the perfect kind of tragedy to turn Chronok against the avengers and into a similar version to the one most people are (not) familiar with lol.

Chronok disappears and T'Challa is king once more. His and Storms first actions as rulers is to abolish the monarchy and establish a democracy in Wakanda (which won't last too long). This is where issue one of the new "Black Panther & Storm" ongoing would pick up!

Read it here: http://blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/danger-zone/

So what are your thoughts... Do you think this is a good way to get the Black Panther back to ground zero?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mega_spidey01

awesome, i like the concept.

flexhectic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By flexhectic

How about... 

T'challa challenges his sister for the title which she never won by fighting in the first place. 

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackreverend

@flexhectic: This whole thing is the "why" leading up to that fight. Also defeating the Black Panther doesn't make you the next one... It makes you ruler of the nation! For example: Man-Ape

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

Interesting I would give it a chance

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hatutzeraze

I would read it because I'm bonkers for Black Panther comics, but I don't really see anything in that idea that would bring in the readers who have been ignoring and taking a pass on every Black Panther series for decades. They'd take a pass on this one as well and it would be cancelled as fast or faster than the one we are losing now. Like I said before, though, I'd read it.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hatutzeraze

Did you change that opening post? That idea of yours sounds much cooler to me than my last post would have indicated.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blackreverend

@Hatutzeraze: Not really lol the democracy thing I added so it could work with my friend's stories but nothing else changed. You should really check out the link if u haven't yet... He writes some of the best Black Panther stories I've read anywhere!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.