Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

black panther respect thread

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

can you post the feats of BP's Hulkbuster suit?

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252 Dmnb2wavy  Online
    Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can you post the feats of BP's Hulkbuster suit?

I'm pretty sure it has about 2 appearances in The Totally Awesome Hulk #10 and The Totally Awesome Hulk #11 and it really didn't do all that much. it naturally got ripped apart, though it did have a nifty energy draining feature that almost took out Cho Hulk.

It showed up, hit him with a sonic attack, got thunderclapped, hit him with a gas attack, then got a hole punched in it, hit him with the energy drainer and then he got angry and ripped it's arms off.

next time it showed up in Incredible Hulk #717 - World War Hulk II Part IV it did nothing but inject nanobots with prep that took Cho down.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

I'm going to say this at the risk of this post rubbing people the wrong way. But I see a lot of the White posters complaining about SJW/feminism effecting their comics especially books like Thor. And tbh as a non-White person I agree. I have nothing against feminism or "SJW" but when you force your political views on stories it becomes a mess. A BIG mess. Comic book stories should not be used for political agendas. HOWEVER..... Black Panther who is a BLACK character I feel has gotten it the worse out of all the White characters when it comes to "SJW" especially by that clown Coates. Coates clearly hates strong Black men which is why he emasculates T'Challa every turn and bigs up the females like Storm, the Doja, etc.

@jashro44@static_shock do you two agree? Coates clearly hates Afrofuturism and can only see a stereotypical African nation and not a nation that is the most advanced on Marvel Earth. To me he has ruined the Black Panther mythos with his male feminist crusade.

But all in all its not just the White characters who are getting effected. And no this post does not mean I am siding with some of the alt-right/4chan talking points that have been leaking on this site. Anyways I apologize for bringing politics into a respect thread just had to say this.

GreenTeaRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By GreenTeaRanger

Ways to improve the Black Panther comic:

1. Get Rid of Storm! I don't read X-Men comics so I have no clue as to how Storm is portrayed in that universe. But in BP's universe, Storm is just an omega level, Mary Sue who adds anything to the overall story. She's like an Instagram Model with superpowers. No personality. T-Challa has officially annulled his marriage to her so I am confused as to why she is still showing up in Wakanda, uninvited. It's super creepy. It's like if Lois Lane broke up with Clark Kent, but Superman kept showing her in her apartment uninvited, just cause he can. Does she not get the hint she is no longer welcomed there? Doe shse not have other love interests? She overshadows all of the female warriors of Wakanda. And she's not even a Wakandan. So why would she give a rat's ass about what would happen in that country?

They're a warrior nation. They don't need her.

2. Replace Ta Nehisi Coates! Its pretty clear that Ta Nahisi is not good with dialogue or characterization. His characters only speak in two modes: military jargon or bland philosophy. Its like Matrix Revolutions, except every character wants to be Morpheus. Every Character wants to be a revolutionary, but none of these characters do anything revolutionary. Nobody comes across as a flesh-and-blood, relatable, human being. I feel like Ta Nahisi is not really telling a story, he is just adding wall paper and minutia for the Black Panther Universe.

A better candidate to write Black Panther: Trevor Noah. He's smart. He's funny. He understands the African mindset. He understands the American mindset. He understands Politics. He can reach a larger fanbase that Ta Nehisi ever could.

3. Get rid of the Astral Plane (the Djalia). Its cliche to say that no character ever really dies in comics but its so true in a BP Comic because every "dead" character just hangs out at the Astral Plane. Death doesn't mean a freaking thing in Wakanda so why should we feel bad when a character dies? Especially when said "dead" character can come back as a force ghost. Its pointless.

4. Trim the supporting characters. The more side characters that there are in a BP comic, the less autonomy that Black Panther has in his comic. There's no longer a sense of adventure for T'Challa, a sense of exploration. His days are now filled with back-to-back board meetings, mission briefings and Skype calls. That's not fun to read in a comic. Especially when every character sound the same in that board meeting. Its sad to say, but Black Panther is no longer a warrior king. He has become a defanged Lion in his country and to his people.

5. Make Shuri into a Black Panther villain. Known one knows T-Challa better than his sister Shuri. She even has gone through the same training that T'Challa has undergone. She has the same mentality. She knows all of his weakness. Think about it. T'Challa versus Shuri would be as awesome as Batman versus Nightwing situation.

6. Make T'Challa vulnerable again. Let's face it, Black Panther these days is just a Bullet Proof Vibranium Man. Nothing can harm him now. He can shrug off laser fire, gun fire, explosives, magic etc. Which means that he is never placed in mortal danger during a fight or a battle. He has no need to exercise caution or stealth. He can always walk away unscathed. He's Black Pampered, not Black Panther. Where's the risk? Where's the struggle?

Let's make Black Panther, Great Again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.