Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3342 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

black panther respect thread

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By OneWithReason

@renny: @jashro44: @ecstaticgrace:

YO! Lol.. BP #17:Two Words,

"Psionic Aegis"!?? BP is an OX.. he becomes even more lethal with almost every issue.

Let me know if you've read it.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: Ha! Sorry if I've spoiled too much, I just couldn't help it. ?

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By OneWithReason

@ecstaticgrace:

I don't like everything in it, mainly the whole governmental change in Wakanda.. but everything else I honestly like. If you go back through BPs series like Panthers Rage, Panthers Prey written by Don McGregor you'll see that this current series has some of the same themes that were shown in those issues. I'm serious..I recently have been on journey of going back through all of BP's comics(for the 4th time), I just finished his vol 3(Preist). But I've noticed that Coates in a few ways is doing nothing THAT different from what was already done with other writers (besides a Democratic Wakanda). Johnathan Hickman has even done the same things.. you see it in New Avengers #18 when Tchalla is talking to the past kings of Wakanda. That same dilemma of Tchalla having to deal with hard decisions and the weight of being a ruler added with his own losses has been seen throughout all his comics.

Coates doesn't stay completely true to The BP that Priest created, but neither did Hudlin, and Hickman.. Not even Priest himself stayed true to the BP Stan Lee, Kirby, and McGregor had created. Each writer viewed Tchalla and Wakandan a different way, wanted to take him in a new direction.. but the same themes of Tchalla's struggle as both Hero & King always remain in my opinion. Coates has shown the same in a different way, because as he has expressed and as we all know, Wakanda is not the same anymore. It's no longer that undefeated, unconquered, utopia. (I hate that, but after Doomwar, it's true. It's a hard truth.)

What I like that Coates has done but no other writer has fully done is, he spends alot of time exploring Wakanda's Spirituality and has shown more of the peoples everyday living. These last few issues, we've dug deep into more of Wakanda's Gods, their past, and more. BP himself gets an upgrade like every other issue lol. Like he now has tech that protects him from Telepathy (to what extent we don't know yet), Spiritual weapons?, and a bit more.

BASICALLY I'm trying to convince you it's not all bad lol. I mean yea, there's some definite off the wall stuff. I try my hardest to block out that Wakandan is now becoming a sort of democracy, and try not to throw up when they use the word. But past all that Coates gives me enough action, story/mystery, good dialogue, and more. Im an INSANE BP fan.. I gotta say I like it. I didn't at first but it's grown on me. I appreciate it.. I mean before this series BP went like what 3 years (??) or more without his own series.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: @jashro44: @ecstaticgrace:

Marvel Legacy#1 Reveals what Johnathan Hickman had set up in New Avengers #1/Secret Wars #9... Wakandan Intergalactic Empire!!! Wow!??

It's absolutely OP, absolutely ridiculous.. but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! ?I hope we get more info this because I don't want to seem like Wakanda always had it, It would make no sense with all the events that's happened but lately Marvel has been saying "to hell with continuity". Regardless I love it!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason: Yea I saw it and I'm hyped. Is this going to be written by Coates or is there another book I need to follow?

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think we'll need to stay tuned on Marvel Legacy's releases to see more of it, because in the current BP series none of these events really add up. Ultimately I'm not too sure yet.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason: I honestly struggle to read Coates BP, I don't like his take on his lore :/

Your not alone.....Its seems to me that most long time black panther fans seem to not like his run.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'm a long time BP fan.. well maybe not as long as you guys (10 years +??)

For me it's only been 6 years.. but I've gone through every series of BP more than once, and I'm going through all his outside appearances. I don't see, why his series would be unbearable. Yea I don't like everything and in the beginning I hated it.. but I've warmed up to it.

I'm really curious as to why you guys hate all this so much.

Btw Coates posted a tweet or something regarding the Legacy scan of BP saying that more is to come.. I seen it on Tumblr

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason: There is just nothing which really interests me to be honest. Why don't you tell me what you like about his current run? Maybe a different perspective could help.

That said if this space station idea was Coates than good for him. I love this and I think its a original idea.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So what.. you want me to try to convince you?? Wow.. well that's alot of pressure lol!

Years ago, you and Buckshot influenced me to learn more about BP, during my journey into comics, when you guys debated points. I use to heavily rely on all your thoughts. Then this respect thread?? Oh man.. been a fan of both you guys for awhile. I don't know if I can convince bud...but you did say just to express what I liked...hmm???? Ok. Ok.

I will do that! With the small intention to AT LEAST convince you the series is...ok/not that bad. I understand, of course, if Im unable. Everyone is free to have their own opinions.

I Forewarn & Apologize to You Now for any typos, which may cause some confusion in what I'm trying to say.. I'll try my best to be clear, and concise ?. Give me some time.. I'll break it down in a big rant.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @ecstaticgrace:

Why I like the series??

Well first off let me say in general this is not THE best Panther series, that we already know. But I would put it above Hudlins series (Vol 4) by a hair. As a whole, so far, I give this series a 5-6/10.

I've said above in this thread, there was definitely some off the wall stuff that occurred in the series. At first, as I had discussed with you in another thread, I didn't like this series at ALL. There are times Tchalla's actions, and thoughts "seem" out of character, like: Meeting with a council of dictators to see if they could give him any advice on how to solve the rebellion in Wakanda..

‎The fact that there's a rebellion of this magnitude in Wakanda period..

Tchalla feeling lost, unsure of himself, and on his own merits, unable to solve his nations problems like the strong & wise King we all know him to be..

‎ Wakanda being victim of terrorist attacks, it's leaders enslaving young girls, it's people preying on their weaker neighbors... ALL THAT STUFF.. Makes one who's been reading BP for a while, go "WTF IS GOING ON??" (Especially when you come fresh off from reading Priest's seris/Vol 3) Lol. That's not the BP we're used to seeing, that's not the Wakanda we know! Truth is we're right... Its not?. This is no longer the unconquerable, utopian, badass Wakanda. It's ruler is no longer the proud, unpredictable savior. Why? What Happened? Loss, tragedy, failure, pain, and at the end of all that... Hopelessness. Have you ever been totally the same, totally just fine after a tragic and terrible loss? I haven't..most haven't.. it's common for people to be affected in some way by loss and change. Why would Wakanda be any different? Why should it be different? Because it's fictional and needs to be a world where we, whom of which may face these same issues, should be able to escape to and dream of or be inspired by to keep pushing on?? The fact that Wakanda has gone through, or IS going through hardships that some of us may face or see on the news and to them be affected by it..yet at the end be able make it out together as a nation, IS POWERFUL. It gives those same feelings of motivation and empowerment needed to keep pushing on, to never give up, and contiune to dream of a day/world we won't have to witness such hardships... That there will be an end.

This, to me, is what makes a character great, and I know I'm not the only one. We love it when we see the frail and human side of our beloved characters and be able to see them get through their troubles. It always relates/speaks to us when we see our heroes face the same problems we face and make it out still standing. Tell me you don't ???.

Plus this is all very true to Black Panthers character. (I can already hear you going.. "What! You're crazy" lol). THINK ABOUT IT!! ? Think about all the stuff Tchalla has faced. He's dealt with the Aparthied in his Vol 2 (Gillis limited series), something that affected an entire race of people; the very people he was created to inspire, very negatively (and also affected not just one race, but also the society). Something similar had been an issue for Black Communities in South of the U.S. with the Jim Crow laws...

‎ He's been imprisoned for the color of his skin (F4 #119).. something that's plagued miniorities, and was (or is) especially prevalent in the Black Community...

‎ He's fought the KKK, white supremacists, something that still is an issue today. (He actually was burned on a cross!)...

‎ He's taught children in ghetto neighborhoods and even lived in the ghetto..

‎ He's even dealt with Crack-Cocaine (Panthers Prey), having to handle the death of a young friend he owed his life to, which was caused by overdose. Such a thing destroyed families, and once again, the black community in the 80's-90's...

‎The list goes on and on! The point should be clear. Tchalla has always been a character that faced issues the people he was made to represent deal with also. Of course his character is not just for Black people and nor is he only loved by Black people.. so in general, he's a character that writers have shown to deal with issues that affects society.

That is POWERFUL! We instantly think Wakanda is far removed from our problems, but no, he's always faced our issues, human issues, and he's come out on top. ‎To think that Wakanda is this grand unconquerable, utopia yet it's leader has personally faced real things we face.. brings a tear to my eyes. Lol.

This series also answers the questions of What happens when a country that has never been conquered and that never loses; gets destroyed repeatedly, faces major loss, and ultimately fails to live up to it's history? How does the King of such a nation deal with such an issue? How does he keep the Nation together, when he's dealt with Soo much personal loss himself (Death of friends & family)? Wakanda in the first 11 or 12 issues deals with everything very human like. When things fail us or don't make us happy, we typically we wish to be rid of it or abandon it. We lose hope in it. That's what happened with the people of Wakanda. They faced tragedy after tragedy, and eventually that much pain takes a toll. They gave up believeing in the King/Government, they gave up putting faith in the gods that didn't answer their prayers... They lost hope! So Tchalla needs to step up once again bring hope back to his people. But he has no one to help him, he's hurt too! He has no one to inspire him, no one in his corner. Sister dead, Father dead, Uncle dead, W'kabi dead, Zuri dead, moms in critical condition, many of his people he cares for as his children have been killed, he lost his wife due to sacrifice's he makes for his people, and more! Lol.. C'mon what person can still be like "Nothing phases me. I'm the best. I don't fail" after all that? Tchalla needed help! He's desperate.. so he made a a bad/ugly decision out of desperation as any normal person would..(even though I still don't like it lol.). Of Course, in such desperate hopeless times.. you'll have people do some pretty vile things, stuff they wouldn't normally do, and that explains why we started to see the people of Wakanda do and have things we've never seen before (Corrupt politicians, Thugs enslaving women, etc.). So the story is a real story in my opinion, and it's true to BP's character & mythos.. regardless of my dislikes.

‎So specifically why do I like this series?

Reason 1: It's uniqueness, yet still connecting to what previous writers had established before. I already gave light to that above. To state a lil more..

-A rebellion in Wakanda is honestly nothing new. Killmonger, The Desturi, Man-Ape are all examples of Wakandans who wanted to take over because they felt the Tchalla was a weak ruler, or a despot, or whatever. Tetu & Zenzi are nothing really new just their methods, powers, and ideals are a bit. I like their characters.. BP has never had a personal foe that used magic like Tetu, nor one that's sort of an empath like Zenzi.

-‎Tchalla feeling the weight of being leader... We've already seen this in Hickman's run with New Avengers #18. He's not like previous BPs, he doesn't have their cold morality. The decisions he has to make as King affects him much differently.

Panthers Prey#2 Tchalla himself referred his title as being a prison.. and that his people are his jailers because they expect him to be something hes not always is. This series expresses the same thing but goes further on it. The feeling is intensified because Tchalla is going through so much loss that he doesn't even have time to grieve over due to problems in the nation.

‎ Priest series also showed this.. Tchalla ends up leaving the throne, vanishes, because he was just so hurt and didn't want to deal with the pressures of being King so he totally abandoned the Throne.

I feel like this story, stayed true to that but also conveyed what both Priest & Hudlin has, mainly in #5 when Tchalla is speaking to one of the rebels; and that is Tchalla's deep physical and spiritual connection to his people.

‎Reason 2: Cool stuff!

I love seeing KOD.. I learn a little bit about it almost every issue. I think Coates is handling well what Hickman introduced. I love Coates take on the Vibranium suit... Very different and more consistent than either Hudlin or Preist. It's just as cool as Hickman's view of the suit, which I think is slightly the coolest. (only by a hair.) Coates has given Tchalla some cool feats. He has something new or does something cool every issue. Like the Telepathy Immunity tech, the Soul Stalker power, the energy projection, etc. It's always something neat happening with him, Shuri, and even the Dora Milage no matter if the particular issue is slow.

Reason 3: Seeing More of Wakandan life!

‎-I feel in this series we see a bit more of what life is like living in Wakanda day to day. The Kimoyo Beads is an excellent idea! We saw more of it's Judicial System..

‎we saw that they actually do have police ? which I honestly think is weird but whatever. I like how the Map of Wakanda is.. very different from McGregor's take.

We've never seen the spiritual side of Wakanda be hashed out like this series is doing. We're learning all about the Orisha, the elder gods, etc.. it's all really interesting to me at least. I can't wait to find out more of the mystery surrounding the gods of Wakanda.

Reason 4: The Art!

I pretty much like every cover. I like Stelfreezes art a bit more than Spouse.. I feel Spouse draws Tchalla and everyone else the same, Tchalla just looks weird when Spouse draws him.. don't care much for it. But his "We are a nation" scan in #11 gives him a past. Love the color used in these books as well. It's never bland, or lazy to me. It pops.

That's just to name a few of the main reasons.

What makes this series a 5-6/10 to me, instead of a 10/10 is that.. although I understand alot of what Coates has down, I still don't like it. Example: Tchalla going to a council of dictators for help.. I really don't like that. Also I hate how the Dora Milage are really short sighted in this series.. they really felt Tchalla had abandoned & betrayed the Nation, and I don't like Ayo's character. She's so brash and atrociously in love.. you know the "No one can have you, I'll do whatever it takes to be with you. No one deserves your precious love"..it's atrcious lol. Anyways The Dora are just so short sighted in this series.. I veiw them to be much smarter, and really feel like when Priest & Hudlin wrote them that they were more than proud to be Dora Milage. Coates has made them feel like they have no life, no freedoms, and I don't like that. He's made them uncapable of thinking: "Maybe our King spared Namor, and worked with him for a pretty good reason. Maybe I need to relax and perhaps ask him what was going on? If he can't tell me then.. it must really be important because I just can't believe he'd spare Wakanda's greatest enemy right now for no good reason." It's so simple.. but he did the way did for story sake and I cant blame him too much for because all that started with Hickman..ssoo I let it go. It just made them look Soo foolish. Ayo is really the one that spear headed the Dora Milage Rebellion, and that's another reason why I don't like her. I don't mind the whole Homosexual relationship in Wakanda.. it did take me by surprise. I don't care for it honestly for a few reasons but I do like that they're implementing more diversity even in Wakanda.. I get it. So I let it go, its not bad.

The biggest fault OF ALL in this series which knocks its rating down by 4 notches is that Coates is making Wakanda sorta like a democracy. WHAT!!!?? Again I understand that change is the result of terrible things we face, and all that other stuff I stated.. but that doesn't mean I want Wakanda to become a DEMOCRACY!!?? That's taking away one of the great unique things about Wakanda is the fact that it can still be Monarchy after all these years, and still be fair and democratic in a sense without being a Democracy. It's a very Westernize view of what would make Wakanda government better after all the drama. I honestly still hate this, even though I just turn a blind eye. This is the only big thing that I hated and can't stand. But I'm a HUGE! BP Nut, I can't stay away from anything associated with him.. it isn't that bad yet for me to say "oh no I'll pass" lol.

That's my thoughts on all this. Thanks for taking the time to read, man. I apologize again for any typos, I'm still proof reading after doing so 3 times before posting lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason: You bring up some good points. I wasn't a fan of Black Panther going to dictators for help. That is one of the things I don't like about the book. I know Wakanda has been through some loss but come on. T'challa isn't going to act like a dictator to end a rebellion so why is he even talking to them? Another thing that annoyed me was when his step mother did go in critical condition there is a scene where T'challa takes down his mask and starts letting the terrorist hit him repeatedly to prove a point, and than he wrecks him. I don't feel T'challa would let his guard down and let someone punch him in the face under those circumstances.

As for the idea of T'challa being lost its not new which is another reason I'm not interested. This happened during black panther volume 2 and it happened during David Liss' man without fear run. I know Black Panther has been through a lot and he doesn't have to be unphased by it, but I am tired of going through all that.

-A rebellion in Wakanda is honestly nothing new. Killmonger, The Desturi, Man-Ape are all examples of Wakandans who wanted to take over because they felt the Tchalla was a weak ruler, or a despot, or whatever. Tetu & Zenzi are nothing really new just their methods, powers, and ideals are a bit. I like their characters.. BP has never had a personal foe that used magic like Tetu, nor one that's sort of an empath like Zenzi.

I didn't care for Tetu and Zenzi but that was an issue with his run. He also introduced other new characters like a new man ape we haven't seen in forever (what happened to him?), and the midnight angels didn't have any hook that interested me other than being lesbians. It felt like with all the characters he introduced and with all the characters he brought into the story that it was to much for me. I had a hard time following what was going on and who's story I should be invested in.

Like when the new man ape showed up I read the previous issues like 5 times each to figure out what I missed....I still don't know where he came from. I guess the fact they use magic and are part of black panthers rogues gallery is cool. But beyond that what did you like about them?

I feel like this story, stayed true to that but also conveyed what both Priest & Hudlin has, mainly in #5 when Tchalla is speaking to one of the rebels; and that is Tchalla's deep physical and spiritual connection to his people.

Credit where its due that was a good scene. One of the scenes I liked in Coates run.

I love seeing KOD.. I learn a little bit about it almost every issue. I think Coates is handling well what Hickman introduced. I love Coates take on the Vibranium suit... Very different and more consistent than either Hudlin or Preist. It's just as cool as Hickman's view of the suit, which I think is slightly the coolest. (only by a hair.) Coates has given Tchalla some cool feats. He has something new or does something cool every issue. Like the Telepathy Immunity tech, the Soul Stalker power, the energy projection, etc. It's always something neat happening with him, Shuri, and even the Dora Milage no matter if the particular issue is slow.

Its cool for battle forum stuff but one thing I really want a writer to expand on is the king of the dead lore. Hickman introduced it but he never expanded on it. He was just like "I'm going to give T'challa a badass title and put him in my new avengers book". Coates has expanded on new abilities but I want to know have there been other king of the dead's, what is T'challa suppose to do as king of the dead, is there a reason the dead kings of wakanda need a king of the dead? Hickman never really had time to expand on this because he was doing stuff on new avengers.

I mean we know Bast gave it to T'challa because of the incursions, but is that it? I feel like if you introduce a new title like king of the dead there should be more. It seems like T'challa is also still operating as king of wakanda at the moment even though Shuri is back?

‎-I feel in this series we see a bit more of what life is like living in Wakanda day to day. The Kimoyo Beads is an excellent idea! We saw more of it's Judicial System..

‎we saw that they actually do have police ? which I honestly think is weird but whatever. I like how the Map of Wakanda is.. very different from McGregor's take.

We've never seen the spiritual side of Wakanda be hashed out like this series is doing. We're learning all about the Orisha, the elder gods, etc.. it's all really interesting to me at least. I can't wait to find out more of the mystery surrounding the gods of Wakanda.

Can you expand on the kimoyo beads? I guess that was in one of the issues I didn't read. I can see your point here.

Reason 4: The Art!

I pretty much like every cover. I like Stelfreezes art a bit more than Spouse.. I feel Spouse draws Tchalla and everyone else the same, Tchalla just looks weird when Spouse draws him.. don't care much for it. But his "We are a nation" scan in #11 gives him a past. Love the color used in these books as well. It's never bland, or lazy to me. It pops.

The art is pretty standard to me.

That's just to name a few of the main reasons.

What makes this series a 5-6/10 to me, instead of a 10/10 is that.. although I understand alot of what Coates has down, I still don't like it. Example: Tchalla going to a council of dictators for help.. I really don't like that. Also I hate how the Dora Milage are really short sighted in this series.. they really felt Tchalla had abandoned & betrayed the Nation, and I don't like Ayo's character. She's so brash and atrociously in love.. you know the "No one can have you, I'll do whatever it takes to be with you. No one deserves your precious love"..it's atrcious lol. Anyways The Dora are just so short sighted in this series.. I veiw them to be much smarter, and really feel like when Priest & Hudlin wrote them that they were more than proud to be Dora Milage. Coates has made them feel like they have no life, no freedoms, and I don't like that. He's made them uncapable of thinking: "Maybe our King spared Namor, and worked with him for a pretty good reason. Maybe I need to relax and perhaps ask him what was going on? If he can't tell me then.. it must really be important because I just can't believe he'd spare Wakanda's greatest enemy right now for no good reason." It's so simple.. but he did the way did for story sake and I cant blame him too much for because all that started with Hickman..ssoo I let it go. It just made them look Soo foolish. Ayo is really the one that spear headed the Dora Milage Rebellion, and that's another reason why I don't like her. I don't mind the whole Homosexual relationship in Wakanda.. it did take me by surprise. I don't care for it honestly for a few reasons but I do like that they're implementing more diversity even in Wakanda.. I get it. So I let it go, its not bad.

The biggest fault OF ALL in this series which knocks its rating down by 4 notches is that Coates is making Wakanda sorta like a democracy. WHAT!!!?? Again I understand that change is the result of terrible things we face, and all that other stuff I stated.. but that doesn't mean I want Wakanda to become a DEMOCRACY!!?? That's taking away one of the great unique things about Wakanda is the fact that it can still be Monarchy after all these years, and still be fair and democratic in a sense without being a Democracy. It's a very Westernize view of what would make Wakanda government better after all the drama. I honestly still hate this, even though I just turn a blind eye. This is the only big thing that I hated and can't stand. But I'm a HUGE! BP Nut, I can't stay away from anything associated with him.. it isn't that bad yet for me to say "oh no I'll pass" lol.

That's my thoughts on all this. Thanks for taking the time to read, man. I apologize again for any typos, I'm still proof reading after doing so 3 times before posting lol.

Its good. You made some good points and I appreciate the fact you are willing to stand by your beliefs. For the record I don't think Coates run is the worst thing ever or anything its just not particularly good IMO.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By OneWithReason

@jashro44:

Ahh.. I see what you're saying.... Ok ok. Fair points yourself! Thanks too

I did want to see more of The New Man-Ape but the Dora killed him lol. He was a relative or brother of M'Baku I believe.

More on Kimoyo Beads?

They're wearable computers. It was in the um, Idk, the letters page or something where it was an explanation on the beads. You get one at birth, as you grow older more are added. They give info on your health, and much more. They use it for everything. I like it. It's a smart phone x20 lol.

I heavily agree with you on KOD.. I hated it but loved it. It was and still is very ambiguous. There's alot we still don't know and you've highlighted some excellent questions. My questions are more idk.. like you said for forum battles lol: Can he draw the knowledge from any or every BP at random? Can he summon the souls of the dead kings to fight by his side at random? Can he still die? How well can he command the dead?

Now with other stuff like this new reveal of Wakanda's Intergalactic Empire, it just adds more questions. When did this happen? What does this mean for Wakanda? What new tech does this offer? Just so freaking much.

Oh and What I likes about Tetu & Zenzi? Their new villains..

and have alot of mystery behind them. Especially Tetu. I like his poetic revolutionary mindset. He really felt he was going the true solution to the people's problems. I liked his relationship with Zenzi, granted we didn't get to see much of it. I just feels that there's more to be discovered with him. Zenzi I like that she has this "I'm a liberator" mindset. I like her look. I feel that they could really make for interesting stories, although we have little info on them. Yea, they're not Fantastic villains, or classic villains but they're something I can see lasting longer and being more prominent than say Solomon Prey (whom of which I would like to see re-done, with better motives). I wanna see Achebe again.. he's basically BP's version of Joker. I'm hearing that BP will be facing a cabal of villains soon, who would you like to see a return of? ?

Another character id like to see return is White Wolf.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason:

Ahh.. I see what you're saying.... Ok ok. Fair points yourself! Thanks too

No problem.

I did want to see more of The New Man-Ape but the Dora killed him lol. He was a relative or brother of M'Baku I believe.

Is he dead? 0_o...Was this confirmed?

More on Kimoyo Beads?

They're wearable computers. It was in the um, Idk, the letters page or something where it was an explanation on the beads. You get one at birth, as you grow older more are added. They give info on your health, and much more. They use it for everything. I like it. It's a smart phone x20 lol.

I see. That is pretty cool.

I heavily agree with you on KOD.. I hated it but loved it. It was and still is very ambiguous. There's alot we still don't know and you've highlighted some excellent questions. My questions are more idk.. like you said for forum battles lol: Can he draw the knowledge from any or every BP at random? Can he summon the souls of the dead kings to fight by his side at random? Can he still die? How well can he command the dead?

It does seem he needs to speak to them to draw knowledge but who knows.

Now with other stuff like this new reveal of Wakanda's Intergalactic Empire, it just adds more questions. When did this happen? What does this mean for Wakanda? What new tech does this offer? Just so freaking much.

I'm excited about this.

Oh and What I likes about Tetu & Zenzi? Their new villains..

and have alot of mystery behind them. Especially Tetu. I like his poetic revolutionary mindset. He really felt he was going the true solution to the people's problems. I liked his relationship with Zenzi, granted we didn't get to see much of it. I just feels that there's more to be discovered with him. Zenzi I like that she has this "I'm a liberator" mindset. I like her look. I feel that they could really make for interesting stories, although we have little info on them. Yea, they're not Fantastic villains, or classic villains but they're something I can see lasting longer and being more prominent than say Solomon Prey (whom of which I would like to see re-done, with better motives). I wanna see Achebe again.. he's basically BP's version of Joker. I'm hearing that BP will be facing a cabal of villains soon, who would you like to see a return of? ?

Another character id like to see return is White Wolf.

I mostly just care about Killmonger as far as black panthers villains go to be honest. The rest are kind of just there for me LOL.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Lol!

Killmonger is his best villain, and most interesting. . Soo yea I get you.

You know what I'm really hoping will come out of Coates series though??

An Heir!! C'mon man..Marvel has been playing too much when it comes to the Legacy of Wakanda. Storm should be pregnant or having his baby lol..

I'm so serious man. Tchalla has this big Empire, now it's time to focus on whom will inherit all that. I feel like W'kabi in Panthers Prey, or Ramonda in Hudlin series.. "I want some grandkids!" LOL Oh and I don't just want 1 child, give me TWINS. A boy and a girl.

He's been teasing a relationship between Shuri & Eden I think too. I wonder how that would go ?.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onewithreason: I don't think black panthers cho hulk showing was that bad. He was winning until Cho got angrier than ever. It was even stated that Cho had never been that strong previously. As for black panther vs spider-man don't care for the out come. Concerning death battle we'll see what happens.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Planet Bast.

No Caption Provided

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@static_shock said:

The Planet Bast.

No Caption Provided

As a Panther fan I been asking other Panther fans this. I feel this is extremely stupid and cool at the same time. In your opinion where does this put Panther because by this he is NO LONGER Earthb based.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But yeah as a fan I dislike Coates run A LOT.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: It's a little too much. Somewhat unnecessary. But, at the same time, I'm willing to see where they go with this.

This was what T'Challa was talking to those young Wakandan warriors about at the end of Secret Wars.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

I thought it was ridiculous but also ridiculously cool. I have no problem with it if they have it make sense. Regardless I love it. Shows what Wakanda is truly capable of.

As a major BP fan, Im sad Im in the minority of those who like Coates series. My thoughts of the series are above.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: It's a little too much. Somewhat unnecessary. But, at the same time, I'm willing to see where they go with this.

This was what T'Challa was talking to those young Wakandan warriors about at the end of Secret Wars.

Yeah I remember that. It has the potential to be good but under Coates pens who knows????

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

I thought it was ridiculous but also ridiculously cool. I have no problem with it if they have it make sense. Regardless I love it. Shows what Wakanda is truly capable of.

As a major BP fan, Im sad Im in the minority of those who like Coates series. My thoughts of the series are above.

All I know is that it takes the character to EXTREME new heights whether negative or positive. He is now fully integrated into the cosmic realm of Marvel. How is he going to take on cosmic threats? I can see this being big in the Ultimates book.

As for Coates I dont like him because he's been molesting the Black Panther mythos and so I avoid his books.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Personally I like what Coates is planning. Hopefully he keeps it exciting though. His run so far has little to be excited about which really hurts it. Hopefully this changes things.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On another note did anyone check out long lives the king? The plot is literally a giant monster attacking Wakanda I wasn't a fan of black panthers characterization but how did you guys feel out of curiosity?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Personally I like what Coates is planning. Hopefully he keeps it exciting though. His run so far has little to be excited about which really hurts it. Hopefully this changes things.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust Coates period.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Fair enough. I have my issues with Coates. I was just saying I like the concept. I wasn't trying to defend Coates.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Fair enough. I have my issues with Coates. I was just saying I like the concept. I wasn't trying to defend Coates.

I just have an out of control paranoia when it comes to Coates writing T'Challa. But yeah I agree that the concept is very cool tho. Which writer would you prefer to write Black Panther?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By jashro44

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I don't really follow current marvel to know who they even have as writers. The only writer I know they have who I enjoy is Peter David so I guess he wins by default. Jason Aarons wrote those secret wars issues which were pretty good but he usually has a tendency of starting off good and than taking a huge nose dive with his writing so I would be scared as hell if he took over. I've read interviews of Evan Narcisse and he seems really excited about it, and also it seems Hickman and Priest were the first two names he cited for inspiration. He also says he's been a fan of black panther for years. I obviously want to see what he does with rise of the black before I say if he is good or bad.

On another note Christopher Priest is going to be writing an annual. So that is good news.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I don't really follow current marvel to know who they even have as writers. The only writer I know they have who I enjoy is Peter David so I guess he wins by default. Jason Aarons wrote those secret wars issues which were pretty good but he usually has a tendency of starting off good and than taking a huge nose dive with his writing so I would be scared as hell if he took over. I've read interviews of Evan Narcisse and he seems really excited about it, and also it seems Hickman and Priest were the first two names he cited for inspiration. He also says he's been a fan of black panther for years. I obviously want to see what he does with rise of the black before I say if he is good or bad.

On another note Christopher Priest is going to be writing an annual. So that is good news.

Good post. And cant wait for Priest's annual.

joc_a_roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By joc_a_roo

How do you guys post pics like that? I had something I wanted to share.

Here's Comic Book Proof of Black Panther using the Tiger God's Power to destroy Logos = the fusion of Chaos, Order and the In-betweener, who with their combined might were able to temporarily defeat the Living Tribunal...

The Ultimates 2 issue # 100

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/2017/08/feats-bp-uses-tiger-god-to-destroy-logos.html?m=1

This would make him beyond omega level. Who knows when the next time we'll see him use this power again. But with Black Panther having his own planet named BAST and with the idea of the Ultimates coming back...whether that's the Ultimates team or the Ultimate Universe, idk. I hope we see it sooner rather than later if the goal is to make Marvel more Galactic. There's not too many characters who can just claim their very own planet.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@joc_a_roo:

What you do is click the image icon. And then click the url address button where you post the link of the image you want to post. You can post multiple images like how the OP does if you want. Example...

^^^The feat you're referring to.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuts a machete in half withoutusing his claws

No Caption Provided

The new version of how his fight with S'Yan went

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: Not Bad at all. Shows how he defeated someone who was superhuman and whom had superior experience. Im just glad it wasnt written out. Its an awesome feat that should never be forgotten. I like that its added Tchalla after defeating others on the feild, hed had to defeat the Dora Milage elite, and then right after that face S'yan. Thats no doubt alot of energy expended but he still prevailed.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: I like how his outfit is an homage to the "Coal Tiger" persona lol. Narcisse is a good writer in my opinion.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Static Shock

@onewithreason: @king_nomarch: the Rise of the Black Panther book is a good retelling of T'Challa's origin. I really liked his original fight with S'Yan (both the Kirby version and the Hudlin version), as it showcased his ability to defeat a superhuman martial artist with nothing but fighting skills. But Narcisse's version is very believable, so I don't have too much of an issue with it.

It also seems as if T'Challa's suit, in the beginning of his rule, was retconned to be the same exact suit he currently wears now; it has the same applications and such and it even has Kimoyo technology built into it, just like it was during the Ultimates run. After all, it took a punch from Namor like it was nothing, and T'Challa's claws (I'm assuming are vibranium claws), slashed the shit outta Namor's chest (although he healed a few panels later), leaving him in disbelief. He later threatened to use that energy he absorbed from Namor's punch to blow up the aircraft and kill his comrades within it. Retconning the suit as if he had always had it was a good idea; the original Panther habit prior to any upgrades was pretty bare bones....

No Caption Provided

Narcisse stated on Twitter that he would like to help make a Black Panther video game...

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Agreed! And FINALLY someone is talking about a Black Panther game! FINALLY! If its not open world then theyve failed in my opinion already.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Agreed! And FINALLY someone is talking about a Black Panther game! FINALLY! If its not open world then theyve failed in my opinion already.

Yes! It has to be open-world. No excuses.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Holy crap!!! I did NOT know this! But if its a typical Marvel mobile game then count me out...

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44

This thread may need an update because Panther has gotten a TON of new feats as of recently. Especially in Rise of the Black Panther and other comics he has appeared in. That's if you feel like it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Indeed. And not only that but Panther's intelligence imo has increased by a lot since the creation of this thread and so has his tech. If you do revamp this thread then be sure to not miss his Hulk buster. I'm telling you this because by the way Marvel has been showing him there is no argument against that he is superhuman.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This intergalactic panther story isn't half bad.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.