black panther respect thread

#101 Posted by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would you guys want to write Black Panther's next ongoing?

#102 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@cresshadow: Re: post #99, would love to know where some of those pages come from! I know the David Liss stuff, and the New Avengers, but much of the stuff in the middle I don't recognize. Could you tell me where some of these come from? Thanks!

#103 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow said:

Who would you guys want to write Black Panther's next ongoing?

I asked that very question in a thread a while back: http://www.comicvine.com/black-panther/4005-1477/forums/we-need-a-new-black-panther-series-1576780/?messageId=12469019#js-message-38

I still thank Fraction or Hickman could be really great, in totally different ways of course. But I just had another though...what is J. Michael Straczynski doing these days? His work on Thor and Spider-Man was fantastic. I could see him writing a pretty good Black Panther.

#104 Posted by cresShadow (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

@webbcity: the part with iron man was from avengers red zone story. all of the older scans I got from the "jungle action" series

#105 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@cresshadow said:

@webbcity: the part with iron man was from avengers red zone story. all of the older scans I got from the "jungle action" series

Funny, I thought Jungle Action but I didn't remember that stuff. My memory must be failing. That Red Zone arc is on my list.

Thanks!

#106 Edited by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
#107 Posted by deactivated-5ba149167b2c0 (1961 posts) - - Show Bio

Great thread. I didn't know this existed until today.

#108 Posted by darkhunter89 (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Great thread. I didn't know this existed until today.

I didn't know either.

#109 Edited by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, we talked about how that this initiative would likely be a lightning rod for a broader discussion about diversity in comics, and I said so be it, that's a good conversation to have. The entire comic book industry benefits from greater diversity, my editors -- who are very racially diverse, by the way -- know that, and you'll see that throughout the "All-New, All-Different Marvel" [initiative] that continues through February. I am very excited about the stuff we have planned -- especially "The Totally Awesome Hulk" and "Black Panther." Yes, Black Panther.

Black Panther is getting a new ongoing

#110 Posted by jashro44 (50119 posts) - - Show Bio

Some new stuff (Nothing major):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
T'challa shows his grenades (I'm guessing these are the same he used against Namor) are powerful enough to blow up a wall.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Stated to have enhanced strength, senses and reactions. Also if anyone is interested or wondering Wakanda is being rebuilt

#111 Posted by King_Nomarch (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: T'Challa leading an army of zombies! It's about time I start reading Secret Wars again.

#112 Posted by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the scans Jashro. I take enhanced human to mean beyond Peak human.

#113 Posted by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

In Ultimates #2, the Kimoyo is defined as a "next-gen operating system for the Wakanda Design Group's wearable supercomputer." Instead of it being a card, as it was portrayed for almost two decades, it's now built into his suit. Here, he uses it to interface with Galactus's birth chamber.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#114 Posted by panther21 (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is so bada** i can't wait to see his movie in 2018. btw i think Storm & Bp should get back together.

#115 Posted by GrenadeFlow (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not, Panther's marriage to Storm was so forced and lame

#116 Posted by panther21 (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow: i say the same thing about everyone wolverine hooks up with except Jean Grey.

#117 Posted by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

Coates says that he's bringing back the Vibranium microweave suit, but he's giving T'Challa the ability to use the force it absorbs and redirect it in the form of a force push or whatever.

www.ew.com/article/2015/12/02/ta-nehisi-coates-previews-black-panther-comic

Though, he's wrong about Panther being peak-human.

#118 Edited by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock said:

Coates says that he's bringing back the Vibranium microweave suit, but he's giving T'Challa the ability to use the force it absorbs and redirect it in the form of a force push or whatever.

That's what I wanna hear.....bring the suit back. When will this take place?

Btw I agree Panther is above peak human

#119 Posted by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: During the ongoing that announced for next year.

#120 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Man T'Challa has been doing BIG THINGS this year. Marvel has really pushed him and as a fan I am really liking this. Cant wait to see more of what he does in the Ultimates and what he does in his upcoming solo.

#121 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't he still King of the Dead?

#122 Edited by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. It seems like Wakanda is being rebuilt after the events of Secret Wars. But, Shuri's appearance hasn't been confirmed yet. I hope she doesn't return. After all, it was Reginald Hudlin that created her as a part of a trashy retcon at the beginning of his Black Panther run.

Unless Coates retcons his King of the Dead status out of there, we might as well assume that he still is.

#123 Posted by entropy_aegis (20470 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's actually awesome and makes sense. Wouldn't worry about the peak human label though,if the writer knows the character and writes him like that then it shouldn't be an issue.

#124 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock: It's probably has something to do with Shuri handing back the blade to T'Challa.

Personally I like Shuri and I liked her as Queen I don't mind T'Challa being King again but I would of liked to see him just going around the Marvel Universe whether it be hanging out in the Baxter Building, Hell's Kitchen or anywhere really.

#125 Posted by TDK_1997 (18131 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. It seems like Wakanda has been restored after the events of Secret Wars. But, Shuri's appearance hasn't been confirmed yet. I hope she doesn't return. After all, it was Reginald Hudlin that created her as a part of a trashy retcon at the beginning of his Black Panther run.

Unless Coates retcons his King of the Dead status out of there, we might as well assume that he still is.

I think that in some of his very first interviews he mentioned that he will be building upon the King of the Dead persona of T'Challa but I cannot find any such information out there so I may be mistaken about it.

#126 Posted by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio
A visual representation of T'Challa using
A visual representation of T'Challa using "force push" after redirecting the energy that the Vibranium suit has absorbed.

#127 Edited by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

nice. I don't know how you found that. I don't see it anywhere.

#128 Posted by King_Nomarch (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: Coates released that image and a few others as a tease to his BP series.

#129 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. It seems like Wakanda is being rebuilt after the events of Secret Wars. But, Shuri's appearance hasn't been confirmed yet. I hope she doesn't return. After all, it was Reginald Hudlin that created her as a part of a trashy retcon at the beginning of his Black Panther run.

Sorry for the late reply, but why don't you like Shuri? I found that her as queen showed a big contrast between her and T'Challa. Her representing the traditional "conservative" Wakandan ways and T'Challa being more "liberal".

Anyways I remember seeing in the ANAD image with all the heros with Black Panther still being labeled "King of the Dead". Does anyone know Coates twitter? Maybe I can ask him.

#130 Posted by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

Shuri contradicts T'Challa's history. He never had a sister, or any biological siblings until Hudlin came along. I'm not supposed to be okay with that. Furthermore, it seemed as if Marvel didn't know what to do with her after Klaws of the Panther (which was a pretty weak limited series). Although she was the Queen Regent, she was an accessory to T'Challa, who maintained the forefront, even though he wasn't the King of Wakanda anymore. Her roles in Black Panther: Man Without Fear and New Avengers kinda solidify that.

#131 Posted by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: Coates released that image and a few others as a tease to his BP series.

okay thanks

#132 Posted by mrkareemruiz (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is badass

#133 Edited by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio
Force-pushes multiple enemies and reveals that he can
Force-pushes multiple enemies and reveals that he can "track souls."

#134 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Force-pushes multiple enemies and reveals that he can
Force-pushes multiple enemies and reveals that he can "track souls."

Dang this is one CRAZY upgrade...

#135 Edited by EcstaticGrace (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought this looked exciting

No Caption Provided

#136 Posted by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'll take it from here"

so cool

#137 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: If anyone has badass dialogue it's T'Challa.

"I am King of The Dead, and soon to be your new lord"

#138 Posted by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther vs. Deadpool. Black Panther breaks Deadpool's swords with his claws.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#139 Posted by MeluchiD (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone,

My name is Meluchi. I'm a writer, animator and director who is creating an online animated series to one of Marvel's Ultimate Heroes, Black Panther. Here's the link to the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jCEeLEhAs

Ps: I'm free to answer any spoiler-free questions :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#140 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

I significantly admire this respect thread.

#141 Posted by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought this looked exciting

No Caption Provided

O_O

Where did you find this!?

#142 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock: Totally Awesome Hulk #9 is where the image is from.

Totally Awesome Hulk #10 is where it comes into play for #10 and #11.

Sadly it has some pretty cool abilities but they seem undermined for the sake of the protagonist.

#143 Edited by Static Shock (52980 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace said:

@static_shock: Totally Awesome Hulk #9 is where the image is from.

Totally Awesome Hulk #10 is where it comes into play for #10 and #11.

Sadly it has some pretty cool abilities but they seem undermined for the sake of the protagonist.

That sucks. -_-

I read those issues, though... You'd think the armor would be more powerful than that....

#144 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock: Same, hopefully it pops up in future titles with a writer who wants to delve into it more.

#145 Posted by King_Nomarch (2113 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Modified his energy daggers to be able to bring down Anti-Man but fails because Connor is now a Herald and the dagger was meant for pre-Herald Anti-Man.

#146 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

@meluchid: I didn't notice your post until now but watched the BP vs Klan short, looks great man keep up the work.

@king_nomarch: Thought That was really cool, wish we could of saw how it would of affected Anti-Man Pre-Herald

#147 Posted by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Posted by King_Nomarch (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

@renny: Issue #1 of Ultimates Squared

#149 Edited by Renny (2852 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by King_Nomarch (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Quickly devises a plan to stop Thanos

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.